More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:02:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  College Campus Child Woes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: College Campus Child Woes  (Read 5139 times)
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
College Campus Child Woes
« on: 2008 April 14, 02:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem, of quite my own making, from when I previously had the inteen installed. I didn't realize it was killing kittens, or had the option for pregnancy on college campuses installed, until it was far to late and my sorority house romance sim was experiencing morning sickness. I laughed at her, told her that was what she got for having unprotected woohoo, and then did the responsible thing and got her an abortion via the insim. Unfortunately, it failed (which annoyed me quite a bit; even in 3rd trimester the pregnancy checks showed she wasn't pregnant).
Now I have a toddler in my university. The mother graduated, so I moved her to the sims bin, but now I don't know what to do. I no longer have inteen (though I'm not sure that would help). When she graduates, she'll leave the kid. That's, of course, if the game doesn't crash due to the unacceptable presence of a child on the college campus. I've tried time and again to move him off the campus with Sim{PE, but it won't stick. So, any advice? Also, will the game crash if I attempt to load the campus? Why do I fail at SimPE?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: College Campus Child Woes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 14, 03:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you asking here? Shouldn't you ask this at the InTeen site? In fact, I'm fairly certain I saw a question like this over here last time  I was browsing, it's probably in the FAQ by now.

INFP or something
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 14, 03:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose it's kind of an inteen issue, except if I were using inteen I wouldn't have an issue. Actually, I thought of here first because people here are smarter than on most sites. It's actually more like a SimPE issue, because I can't get it to work. I'll eventually figure it out, but I thought I might get some worthwile advice if I asked here. I'll assume your advice was "check the inteen support". I'll additionally check the SimPE forums. Otherwise, if no one has  anything they want to add, just let the thread die of old age.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 14, 03:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move mom onto a lot. Use a summoner (Inge's teleporter bush/statue from Simlogical works great) to summon the child. Use summoner to move child in.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 20, 02:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move mom onto a lot. Use a summoner (Inge's teleporter bush/statue from Simlogical works great) to summon the child. Use summoner to move child in.
Or you could just download InTeen just before the last sim graduates. (You realize that InTeen dosn't actualy kill kittens right?) The kid will move out with them and then you can take out InTeen and sort it out from there. I don't know if the kid will leave with them if only one sim that isn't a parent moves out but you can try. What you should have done is used the abortion option with InTeen not insim.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 20, 03:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(You realize that InTeen dosn't actualy kill kittens right?)
Yes it does. And every time you say it doesn't, two kittens die!

FYI...it's doesn't and actually.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 20, 14:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 20, 14:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(You realize that InTeen dosn't actualy kill kittens right?)
Oh no?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 21, 03:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, even with Inteen still installed, you would still have the toddler stuck on campus issue. Others, who do the Uni parent thing, use summoner objects to get everyone back into the main hoods, as was suggested by Zazazu.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 21, 05:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, even with Inteen still installed, you would still have the toddler stuck on campus issue. Others, who do the Uni parent thing, use summoner objects to get everyone back into the main hoods, as was suggested by Zazazu.

That's what I thought. I was having problems with birth control/abortions with inteen at that time (actually, up until I got rid of it). Anyway, my biggest worry is that having a toddler (or other non-teen or YA) in the bin of the university would crash the game while trying to load the university or lot it was on. I suppose there's only one way to find out. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 21, 05:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the kid is on a lot, the game will continue as normal with the toddler always stuck on the lot, with the other sims on the lot taking care of it. So long as someone is on the lot, it will stay there, I'm not sure if the social worker will show up.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: