More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:46:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Children's workout clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Children's workout clothes  (Read 25321 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Children's workout cloths
« Reply #50 on: 2008 April 16, 21:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'd like to know more about this weird TSR tagging. How can we know if our downloads are infected, and how, exactly, can it be removed?

There was a thread about this issue.

TSR Spyware is an innovation that appeared within the last year and afflicts all .package items in zips. Sims2packed items are unaffected. It is believed to be embedded in all items downloaded within the past year, whether free or not. Based on our available information, we would classify this on the terror scale as a Yellow security threat: it is malicious in nature, but of limited potential for damage.

It appears to be some manner of polymorphic viral string. We have witnessed files infected by it where the string appears to have multiplied itself within the datafile, as well as been infected by other polymorphed variants of it, which sometimes have also multiplied. We believe that it may be an early attempt at a virus intended to infect your other sims files, but it apparently does not work entirely right and only manages to infect itself.

The customary method is to acquire two different sources of this file, tear the package apart into its component subfiles, and then hex-diff the file. The virus is pretty primitive and only appends itself to certain filetypes, so once you have two samples with different polymorph variants, you simply truncate the file at the first difference between the two. This is not a process suitable for home processing, because it requires two samples of what is known to be the same file, but we have this automated at PMBD.

Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 17, 16:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'd like to know more about this weird TSR tagging. How can we know if our downloads are infected, and how, exactly, can it be removed?

Me too... Could this content that is tagged cause serious errors in the game? I read the "limited potential for damage" part of the thread, but am not sure what type of damage is referred to.  I have been having a weird issue with character files disappearing lately (lost two kids already) and am in the process of narrowing down what could be causing it.  But I did download my first TSR stuff not too long before I started getting the weirdness, so the lightbulb just went off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 17, 16:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best idea for TSR stuff is to get it from the Booty - see the newsbox and click on "Have you destroyed a paysite today"

The stuff from TSR available in Booty has the offending malware removed.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 17, 22:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I did download my first TSR stuff not too long before I started getting the weirdness, so the lightbulb just went off.

You mean ON?  Cheesy

Downloading things from the booty won't be an option for a lot of items. Plus it was already suggested in the thread. But it looks like the entire process is incredibly complicated.  Tongue

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 17, 22:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can install sims2pack files exclusively.  Pescado is quoted in Lord Darcy's post right up there ^ , saying that these are unaffected.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 17, 23:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eww. Like I want clothing from TSR. Objects!

Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 April 18, 12:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I did download my first TSR stuff not too long before I started getting the weirdness, so the lightbulb just went off.

You mean ON?  Cheesy  Downloading things from the booty won't be an option for a lot of items. Plus it was already suggested in the thread. But it looks like the entire process is incredibly complicated. 

Oh yeah, that wasn't exactly phrased correctly, was it?   Grin    I'll stick with the booty - I'm not a CC addict (yet  Wink ) so there's nothing I need badly enough to risk messing up my game or having files attached to it that I don't know about.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 April 18, 19:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eww. Like I want clothing from TSR. Objects!

Do you mean that only clothes come in sims2packs, and you mostly want objects?  Specificity!
Unless something has drastically changed over there, everything, including entire sets of objects, is available as a sims2pack.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 April 21, 04:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could be wrong, and I've been avoiding TSR for a while, but I've never seen objects available as sims2packs. The sims2packs are the file format Maxis created to work with the cc created by bodyshop and homecrafter, the only "supported" (cough!) utilities. Unless there's an option in simPE to make something a sims2pack instead of a .package (again, I could be wrong about this), you won't get sims2packs for objects.

I'm not sure why you'd even want to do that, anyway?

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 April 21, 04:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are Sims2Packs with objects in them at TSR, I have no idea how they were created though. Would it be possible to use CleanInstaller to do it?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2008 April 21, 06:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can create Sims2Pack files with SimPE.
Not sure if Sims2Pack files for TSR objects were built out of already infected package files or not.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2008 April 22, 00:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *think* that objects can be distributed in Sim2Pack format by placing them on a blank lot, packaging the whole thing, and then deleting only the lot with Clean Installer.

About children's workout clothes: When I had my custom fantasy/medieval 'hood, some of the children's clothing that I'd downloaded was coded so that it could be used in all categories, including workout wear. It never crashed my game, and I was able to buy it using JM's clothing tool, as well as Numenor's hacked coatrack, with no problems, so it CAN be done. Based on the evidence presented in this thread, I believe that TSR's 'security' coding is to blame for the OP's problem.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Children's workout clothes
« Reply #62 on: 2008 April 27, 19:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as Jfade has figured out from what others have also come up with, there is no true ryhme nor reason as to which clothes will cause the crash and which won't.  Jfade does not know how to by pass these security codes to make life easier.  Perhaps the date of these clothes are what might also be a factor.  I will have to try to remember to pass that on.

I myself have been successful with some clothes being switched over but others cause the crashes.  I don't know my way around simpe very well and not sure if I want to try.  So I can't comment on whether that will work or not, I think someone had mentioned this some time back.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: