More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:29:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Children's workout clothes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Children's workout clothes  (Read 25322 times)
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Children's workout clothes
« on: 2008 April 11, 18:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, not sure if this is where I go but it is a question that I can not solve.  I wanted more variety of outfits for my children, lets face it the seven or eight crappy outfits that are identical for boys and girls are just that, crappy!  So I tracked down a program called Wardrobe Wrangler.  It worked wonderfully, I was able to change some outfits that I downloaded from everyday to workout. 

I went in game and first entered a house, had my sim use a wardrobe that I got from mts2 to "buy" her sim child a new workout outfitt.  The game froze then just shut down, no error message nothing.  Knowing that it would probably not work, I booted the game back up and this time went into CAS.  I was able to get the workout section to come up and i could see all the wonderful outfits I had placed there.  But when I picked one the game froze again but this time I got the application will has crashed and will now shut down message.

So what I am asking is there a way to make this work?  Obviously EAxis disabled this option for some monkey brained reason, but I was hoping that the awesome modders here could find away around this little loophole.  OH PLEASE let there be a way!
« Last Edit: 2008 April 27, 19:42:27 by wetninja » Logged
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Children's workout cloths
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 11, 18:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, wrong forum.

What exactly do you think EA have disabled?

You're using a hacked wardrobe that may well not be updated for FT to buy custom clothes that may well be corrupt*. In addition, those errors are usually related to hardware or alien software, not the game itself.

*I doubt this, since WW managed to open them. Unless WW corrupted them on save, in which case you should be talking to jfade.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 11, 20:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is this the wrong forum?  It stats at the front page, ask me your questions so I can laugh at you!

Second I have been told by several people that the active wear have been disabled through bodyshop.  Otherwise I would have used bodyshop, but if you have opened YOUR bodyshop recently you would notice that the icon for childrens Activewear is shaded out. 

Third, I also stated that I went through CAS the second time encountered the same issue. 

So thanks for responding and a double thanks for being useless and nasty with your answers!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 11, 21:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't you think maybe you should ask in the Wardrobe Wrangler's own forum?

Even if EA hasn't enabled bodyshop to make active wear for kids, your game shouldn't crash because of it.  I've used simpe to change toddler clothes into formal with no crashing.  The problem is most likely WW related, so go ask jfade.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 11, 21:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I already did that I am just trying to cover my bases, you never know who may have an answer for you. Wink

Since this may not be a ww issue, then I may luck out with something that unlocks the active wear for children.  Once never really knows, since I wasn't asking the modders here to fix ww, I was asking if they could fix or find a loopwhole to open up that option for us.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 11, 21:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but since you know that WW is your #1 culprit, that should be ruled out first. It and the object from MTS2, since the use of the object from MTS2 triggered the crash.

I wouldn't go into Burger King and ask them why the lettuce in my burrito from Taco Bell is soggy. Would you?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 11, 21:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is this the wrong forum?  It stats at the front page, ask me your questions so I can laugh at you!
It has a child board:

Oops! You Broke It!
HELP ME!!! It's broken!
 Roll Eyes

Second I have been told by several people that the active wear have been disabled through bodyshop.  Otherwise I would have used bodyshop, but if you have opened YOUR bodyshop recently you would notice that the icon for childrens Activewear is shaded out.
Ah. If I ever actually used BS to make clothing, I might have seen that. I would say 'fair enough', but you're rude, so meh.

Third, I also stated that I went through CAS the second time encountered the same issue.
So it's probably the outfit, not the wardrobe. It's still not EA causing the problem.

So thanks for responding and a double thanks for being useless and nasty with your answers!
No problem. Thanks for handling my minor oversights in a mature and rational fashion.

Froward fornicating fish-hag.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 11, 21:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, children do not change from everyday to workout clothing in order to work out.  Hence, would workout clothing for children not be entirely superfluous?

Tribulatio proxima est
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 11, 21:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In FT children change into athletic wear when they do Tai Chi and use the punching bag career reward. There are probably other times as well but those are the only two occasions when I've noticed it happening.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 11, 21:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the new FT fitness and sports items: ballet barre, football goal, etc. Also jogging.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 11, 21:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be a case of something getting mangled by the WW. If Bodyshop or CAS refuses to the load, it's one of the files that you editted got corrupted. Hence, why when you try to bring up the clothes buying menu, the game crashes. I had this happen last weekend with some custom hair.

So you might try redownloading the file that is making your game crash and edit it again.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 11, 22:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay then - I stand corrected - have not had any children since loading FT.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 11, 22:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too busy playing the sims to procreate?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 11, 22:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too busy playing the sims to procreate?

I don't wanna talk about it.

Tribulatio proxima est
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 12, 01:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be a case of something getting mangled by the WW. If Bodyshop or CAS refuses to the load, it's one of the files that you editted got corrupted. Hence, why when you try to bring up the clothes buying menu, the game crashes. I had this happen last weekend with some custom hair.

So you might try redownloading the file that is making your game crash and edit it again.

Thanks, I removed the files from my dl's folder when it crashed both times.  And replaced them with the original files, they were working fine before I messed with them, so I may just try again with these files and see what happens.  Thanks for the info. I had never used this particular program before and it was my first instinct to come here thinking that I may get some input and help.  Silly me.

Ah. If I ever actually used BS to make clothing, I might have seen that. I would say 'fair enough', but you're rude, so meh.

I may have ended that with rudeness but you started out nasty, so meh, meh.

I wouldn't go into Burger King and ask them why the lettuce in my burrito from Taco Bell is soggy. Would you?

ABSOLUTELY I would, a fast food place is a fast food place, they all should know!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 12, 03:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...it was my first instinct to come here thinking that I may get some input and help.  Silly me.

Oh, we give help.  We do not bend over backwards to be all sweetness and light about it.  Live with it.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 12, 03:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, children do not change from everyday to workout clothing in order to work out.  Hence, would workout clothing for children not be entirely superfluous?
They do in FT. Try using the clothing tool instead?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 12, 04:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out, it is the file that I am trying to change over.  Apparantly the site I got the cloths from puts security tags on their stuff and it wreaks havoc with WW.  I did get some of my wanted outfits to swap over, but the ones I Really wanted I am having no luck.  I'm not sure how to use the clothing tool, I only just downloaded that as well.

Oh, we give help.  We do not bend over backwards to be all sweetness and light about it.  Live with it.

Bite me.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 12, 05:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparantly the site I got the cloths from puts security tags on their stuff and it wreaks havoc with WW.

TSR?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 12, 07:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out, it is the file that I am trying to change over.  Apparantly the site I got the cloths from puts security tags on their stuff and it wreaks havoc with WW. 

Use SimPE.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 12, 07:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out, it is the file that I am trying to change over.  Apparantly the site I got the cloths from puts security tags on their stuff and it wreaks havoc with WW.  I did get some of my wanted outfits to swap over, but the ones I Really wanted I am having no luck.  I'm not sure how to use the clothing tool, I only just downloaded that as well.
Which site is it that's tacking spyware into downloads? NAME NAMES! I want BLAME assigned!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 12, 07:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which site is it that's tacking spyware into downloads? NAME NAMES! I want BLAME assigned!

Isn't it well-known that TSR does that?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 12, 10:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the poster didn't say. If it's not TSR, I want them named and shamed. If it *IS* TSR, I still want them named, even if they are shameless.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 12, 11:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What sort of spyware? How can it be put into downloads? Huh

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 12, 13:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what it does, and it is not a readable code. It is not supposed to be there. Therefore, it is clearly some manner of binary-encoded malware. It is not a product of any normal aspect of sim-item-creation and it has clearly been deliberately and maliciously inserted. Do not buy TSR crap, and do not download from TSR. The PMBD-versions are malware-removed. Also, death to Emma.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: