More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:41:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Tomato plants - No Tomatoes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tomato plants - No Tomatoes  (Read 3456 times)
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Tomato plants - No Tomatoes
« on: 2008 April 11, 23:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, now after a full reinstall of all the games following a hard drive crash, I've got a little farmer family and they have a plot of tomato plants that have full bloomed into adult plants but they never grow fruit.  They've been planted for about ten sim days, that's way too long. 

I've checked my downloads with the clean installer.  I don't have any hacks related to plants, but I do have some hacks from a variety of places.  I don't expect yall to provide "support" for them.   My question is just is this a known bug, or has someone else had this and fixed it, or know offhand if its related to a particular hack that I otherwise wouldn't know to blame?

I did do a search but found nothing similar here. 
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Tomato plants - No Tomatoes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 12, 03:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to check...it isn't winter with the plants outside, is it? If they are in a greenhouse, is it winter without you having added sunlamps?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 12, 05:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for leaving out details like that...

No its actually Fall...  planted the last day of summer, and this town has summer, fall, fall, spring.  It is now 2nd day of the 2nd fall.

Also the plants are planted just in the ground outside, no greenhouse, no lamps.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 12, 12:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have the sims started wearing coats yet?  Try putting a greenhouse around the plants and adding some grow lights, see if they bloom.  In my game, sometimes fall can be cold enough that outdoor plants don't mature fast enough before winter sets in.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 12, 12:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wait for it. Nothing, winter or not, prevents the growing of plants and fruits. The only thing that would slow you down is if you somehow lacked sunlight, which can occur in greenhouses that are not enclosed on all 4 sides by greenhouseyness, and have regular-wall forming one or more sides.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 12, 20:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never noticed that issue (with greenhouses only partially made of the special greenhouse walls) but then I always use sunlamps.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: