More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:51:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oddities after successfully pleading with Death in Uni.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oddities after successfully pleading with Death in Uni.  (Read 6819 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Oddities after successfully pleading with Death in Uni.
« on: 2008 April 09, 14:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a single Sim at University, and I'm running a custom dorm which forces dormies to use conventional bedrooms.  Since I'm also running No Dormie Invulnerability, the 7 dormies sharing the lot tend to smell, piss themselves, and die.  I'd like to cut back on that a bit without taking out the possibility entirely, but that's a different subject.

The first deaths two my Sim didn't care about, but the third was his closest friend.  Not too close, just 40ish RL, but he likes everyone else even less.  So he pleaded for her life, and won.

Now she's selectable and controllable, except -

* She can't use beds.  Trying to click on a bed gives a "no interactions" balloon, though my regular Sim can use them.
* She doesn't show up as a household member in the neighborhood view.
EDIT:
* She can't study skills using the bookcase.
* She can't use the easel to paint.
* She can't use the stove / refrigerator except to "Make XXX" or "Make Many XXX."  No "Have Breakfast" or "Serve Breakfast."

Any ideas how I can fix this, either way?  I suppose I could use Inge's shrub to make her a Townie again.

EDIT:
The shrub wouldn't make her a townie again, but I could use it to move her in to the household.  Now all the missing interactions are available.  So it's resolved.  But still an interesting quirk.

- Gus
« Last Edit: 2008 April 09, 14:52:57 by Gus Smedstad » Logged

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Oddities after successfully pleading with Death in Uni.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 09, 14:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is she even part of the actual household? If so, delete her, save, and reload the lot. If not, delete her and keep playing. Either way, delete.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 09, 15:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had slightly similar issues with two move-ins since FreeTime. One grandmother moved in the traditional way (her daughter asked her to) and started to leave the lot. I could direct her to do other things, but she'd start and then start leaving. Another was a proposed move-in at another home, this one a love interest. Same deal. With both, saving and deleting the sim and then reloading the lot fixed it. I've started doing it with all move-ins.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 09, 16:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game crashed when my Sim graduated.  Turned out my previous save was before I'd moved her in with the shrub.  So this time I turned MoveObjects on, deleted her, saved and reloaded... and things were back to normal, with her being a normal dormie.

Now to see if the game crashes on graduation again.

- Gus

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 09, 16:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original problem was probably just something that happened to *that* resurrectee. Normally, they just become a controllable sim, even if they weren't before. I had it happen twice, but I only clearly remember was resurrecting a dormie as a zombie. Since that used the special phone at the secret society and the dormie appeared there, then returned home as a playable sim, that may have been a special case. I *may* have had a similar problem as yours with the other resurrection, which was an actual pleading with the Reaper, but I don't remember how I resolved it. I did it well before graduation, though, so no crash.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 09, 17:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crash was caused by Pescado's clothing tool, which I routinely install in Dorm lots to correct stupid adult clothing.  It crashed three times in a row when it was supposed to load just before the Sim left the lot.  I removed it and the crash did not repeat.

I'm using the version from the Free Time Director's Cut zip.

- Gus

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 09, 17:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...that doesn't make any sense, since the code from FTp1 has not been changed. The only reason it would CRASH is if you had a clothing item with a bad mesh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 09, 19:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, sometimes these things don't make sense.  I'm just reporting what happened.  Each time the Sim would try and leave, the game would hesitate for a moment and then Vista would report that Free Time had crashed.

An earlier version of the clothing tool worked just fine when I was running Seasons, with no additional clothing added.

The only other variable the comes to mind is that I'm running the noCD crack of Free Time to avoid SecureRom.  I'm running pre-patch because I couldn't figure out how to download the FTp1 noCD crack from GameCopyWorld, so I got the FT pre-patch one from GameBurner.  I found the page easily enough, there just didn't seem to be any actual links on the page to files.

- Gus

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 09, 21:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, yeah. That could be a lot of your problem. The crack you want is the one with the highest version number. I linked to it before in another thread. Here. Direct link.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 09, 23:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, the direct link doesn't work.  Try following it yourself.  It throws up a page complaining about a deep link, and tells you to start over at Game Copy World's home page instead.

EDIT: Finally figured out that the blue square next to the word "file archive" is the actual download link.  I didn't even notice the square was there the first time there.

- Gus, hates the fact that he has to fiddle with cracks like this at all.  Death to SecureRom.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 09, 23:46:58 by Gus Smedstad » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 10, 00:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. I could have sworn the bastard didn't do that last night. Ah well.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 11, 14:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, Pescado was right after all.  I went to go purchase clothing in a shop, and the game immediately crashed.  There's something very borked with my clothing.  And my cats.  And the cat's collars.

I'm getting pretty sick of this.  I'm just about to the point where I'm willing to try dealing with SecureRom.  Assuming it's the crack, and not something else.

EDIT: And it happens even with my entire downloads directory moved elsewhere for backup.

- Gus
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 14:14:51 by Gus Smedstad » Logged

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 11, 15:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. I could have sworn the bastard didn't do that last night. Ah well.

Here's the message I got when I clicked on the direct link:
Unauthorized Referrer Detected!

You were redirected to this page because the download did not start from GameCopyWorld or you are using software which kills the page referrer!

The following software is able to block or kill the referrer:

Download Managers
( Go!Zilla / GetRight / Download Accelerator / etc.)
Privacy Tools & Firewalls
( Norton Internet Security / Norton Firewall / ZoneAlarm / etc.)
Internet Browsers
( Opera / Tiscali 10 / Firefox plugin's )
Anonymouse Browsing
( Anonymouse.org / iPrive / Proxify / etc )

If you are running one of these applications then make sure that they do not kill the referrer for:  http://dl.gamecopyworld.com

We have been forced to protect the downloadable files as other
websites are directly linking to them without our permission!
Click Here to Enter GameCopyWorld

Picky, aren't they?  Cheesy

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 11, 17:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They just want you to see their VirtualGirl ads. I hate those things, as AdBlocker seems unable to block them.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 12, 13:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only other variable the comes to mind is that I'm running the noCD crack of Free Time to avoid SecureRom.  I'm running pre-patch because I couldn't figure out how to download the FTp1 noCD crack from GameCopyWorld, so I got the FT pre-patch one from GameBurner.  I found the page easily enough, there just didn't seem to be any actual links on the page to files.
I cannot reproduce your errors under the conditions you describe. It sounds like your install may be corrupt or you have a bad crack. Is yours the Vitality crack, or some other edition?

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 12, 14:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the Vitality crack, and it wasn't the crack.  Some data file was definitely corrupt, but it was either the Free Time install, or one of the files in the Sims 2 user directory other than Neighborhood or Downloads.

I've already described what I did to correct it, but I'll repeat it here:

Uninstalled Freetime.  Moved the Sims folder to a safe location, giving me a blank slate.  Started Seasons, and had no problems.
Reinstalled Free Time.  Patched it.  Ran the Vitality Free Time p1 no CD crack.  No problems.
Deleted the Neighboorhood folder, and replaced it with a copy of the old Neighborhood file.  No problem.
Copied the old Downloads directory in.  No problems.

In retrospect, the first thing I should have done when the clothing tool crashed should have been to try to buy clothes.  That would have pointed out the error was in the clothing catalog.

Before uninstalling Free Time, I should have tried an empty version of the user folder.  If that fixed the problem, that would have told me if it was a file in the user folder, rather than something in the Free Time installation.

In any case, it's corrected now.  The only problem I have now is a cat who throws an invalid constant error every time he tries to sleep on a pet bed, curl up on the floor, or curl up on a counter.  He does sleep on a Sim bed successfully.

- Gus

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: