More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:50:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lots of Random Fires: No Heat Needed!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lots of Random Fires: No Heat Needed!  (Read 12132 times)
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lots of Random Fires: No Heat Needed!
« on: 2008 April 11, 03:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, everything on one of my Sim lots randomly bursts into flames. My Sims, pole bean plants, trees, outdoor lighting, you name it. No lightning or heat required. Today, my Sim just got out of bed and burst into a ball of fire - in the middle of winter, too.

FYI: I do have the warmth fixes mod. Doesn't seem to help this issue.

Is there a hack that prevents all fires or all bursting into flames? I need to get rid of this combustion issue so I can actually play.

Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lots of Random Fires: No Heat Needed!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 11, 11:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims in a bed should not be able to burst into flames from spontaneous combustion, and neither should inanimate objects. Something non-Awesome is certainly to blame. But funny. FIIIIIRES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 11, 11:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me once, I remember using the lot debugger to clear the problem but I can't remember the exact details. Place one on the lot then check the options for one which sounds likely. It's something like Fix or Nuke, then I think it was the option called Stuck Objects, but it could have been one of the others. Try several of them, I don't think you can do any (much?) harm with those fix options since it either fixes something that's broken or does nothing at all if there's nothing for it to fix.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 11, 14:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Pescado: I did find it a little hilarious at first when my pole beans caught on fire, but when my Sim died of combustion in bed, I figured something had to be wrong. I ran the Sims Wardrobe hack conflict scanner thingy, and it caught some conflicts. I removed the non-Awesome hacks that conflicted, and so far so good.

@Sivany: Hm. I will try the Lot Debugger today, just to be on the safe side. I did remove non-Awesome conflicting hacks (as said above), so hopefully that will work.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 16, 15:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to bump a semi-dead thread AND double post at the same time, but I NEED SOME MOAR HALP PLZ. D:

The first thing I did to try and remedy this is remove any hack that had to do with temperature, including warmthfixes.package. I open the game, and within 20 minutes, someone is on fire. So, I quit, took out all non-Awesome hacks, and played again. Within 10 minutes the maid is on fire. I really don't want to have to resort to putting fire alarms and the sprinklers everywhere.

If I download warmthfixes.package again, do you guys think it will help this? I heard in Seasons people could easily catch on fire when they are hot, but these people aren't even remotely hot. Tongue

Thanks.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 16, 16:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What EPs and stuff packs do you have installed?
I was playing yesterday and for no apparent reason my Sim's sowing machine randomly burst into flames then put itself out. The machine was indoors and there was no thunder storm either.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 16, 17:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the following EPs: Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime. I also have these SPs: Glamour Life, Celebration, Happy Holiday. All are patched EXCEPT FreeTime, because EA took it down. Haha.

I downloaded Sim Wardrobe's "No Random Bursting Into Flames" mod. Still didn't work: one of my Sims caught fire the instant they got out of the car returning from work. Hmph.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 16, 17:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could some cc object be causing this?

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 16, 19:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this one of your built lots, an EAxis lot, or a downloaded lot?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 16, 20:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like invisible fire to me. Have you tried moving the machine and nuking the empty spot with the stuck object remover?

INFP or something
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 16, 21:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Debugger. The last few times this happened they used the debugger and I believe they forces some errors to find a tong of invisible files all over the place. The debugger got rid of them.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11155.0.html

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 16, 21:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remember to turn the testing cheats OFF if you have them on before you force errors with the lot debugger, or you'll be resetting errors for hours. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 16, 22:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the Debugger. The last few times this happened they used the debugger and I believe they forces some errors to find a tong of invisible files all over the place. The debugger got rid of them.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,11155.0.html

So...what exactly do I DO with the debugger? I went to Force Errors > On All. Instantly, two fires broke out: 1) under a coffee table, and 2) a sim who was at work was instantly brought back to the lot to be set on fire. I think I did something not good!

Instructions, plz.  Grin
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 16, 23:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You activated the invisible fires, apparently. That lot sounds really borked -- maybe it's time to move the sims out and bulldoze it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 16, 23:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You activated the invisible fires, apparently. That lot sounds really borked -- maybe it's time to move the sims out and bulldoze it.

I've had it happen on two lots, actually, in two very different neighborhoods (Pleasantview and a custom neighborhood). It's pretty bad.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 17, 00:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen on two lots, actually, in two very different neighborhoods (Pleasantview and a custom neighborhood). It's pretty bad.

Just a wild guess - it wouldn't have been the same lot used in two different 'hoods, would it?

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 17, 00:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....and specifically, the same downloaded lot. That's what I was getting at. There's been a couple of occurrences of packaged lots with invisible fires being shared.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 17, 01:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever it is - move the family out, move them into a different house (to be totally save, try a maxis default house for testing purposes) and see if dad catches fire there too.  If not, you can be reasonably sure that something is wrong with the lot.

I would then bulldoze the lot and delete it from your system.  Note the creator and avoid in future.

Tribulatio proxima est
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 17, 01:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....and specifically, the same downloaded lot. That's what I was getting at. There's been a couple of occurrences of packaged lots with invisible fires being shared.
They are two very different lots. Two different creators, but both from ModTheSims2.com. I will try moving the families out and moving them to default homes. If that works, I will try new houses, I guess.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 17, 04:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inciidentally, Force Errors > On All does a reset on all objects in-world *and* off-world, which is why your off-world sim who was at work suddenly reappeared.

You might -- MIGHT -- be able to fix the lot by resetting just the in-world objects while the household is off lot and just letting the now-visible fires burn, or let the fireman come and extinguish them before the sims come home.
Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 18, 17:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did what jolrei suggested by downloading new houses, moving my families in, and deleted the old lots. I believe it worked, considering I haven't had a single fire in 2 days of play. Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 18, 18:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did what jolrei suggested by downloading new houses, moving my families in, and deleted the old lots. I believe it worked, considering I haven't had a single fire in 2 days of play. Smiley

Yeah, sometimes lots just seem to go funny.  I had one once where any time a sim tried to do anything with plumbing (take shower, use the terlet, or enter hot tub) they would error and become unplayable.  I knew it wasn't the sim because the sim behaved normally on community lots.  I moved the family to a new house and everything was fine.  Had to bulldoze the old lot, which was too bad because it was a nice tudor house I had built and had forgotten to backup.  Heigh ho.  Easy come, easy go.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: