More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:15:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV clothes without the gay backpacks?  (Read 26498 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 12, 17:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You boys ought to just get a man bag, like Joey.

Smart, stylish and practical!

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 12, 17:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, you sound like my husband (although more in-your-face than he ever is). When we travel Spouse carries a cheap wallet with fake credit cards (the crap that comes in the mail, but looks real at first glance) a dollar for window dressing over a reasonable fold of toy-store play money...and an indelible dye capsule. Real wallet is in an inside, zipped pocket.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 12, 18:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You boys ought to just get a man bag, like Joey.

Smart, stylish and practical!

... or they could make friends with someone who uses a handbag. Mr Kofi always makes fun of me for needing a handbag, claiming that he can fit anything he needs to survive in his pockets, and that only weaklings can't. Then he asks me to carry his stuff in my handbag.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 12, 18:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... or they could make friends with someone who uses a handbag. Mr Kofi always makes fun of me for needing a handbag, claiming that he can fit anything he needs to survive in his pockets, and that only weaklings can't. Then he asks me to carry his stuff in my handbag.

Yeah, my husband does that too Roll Eyes

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 12, 20:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my perverted neck of the woods such a device is known, more than somewhat misleadingly, as a bum-bag.
Fanny-pack here. Otherwise known as a big neon sign saying "I'm a dork and live in my mother's basement. I touched a boobie once."
==========================================================================
Hmm. Why isn't it okay for a man to wear a fanny pack? They're very practical, especially for travelling. I'm not male, nor do I own a fanny pack, but I wouldn't scream "DORK!" at a man wearing one. They're not haute couture, but if men aren't allowed to carry a purse, they
have to make do sometimes.  Wink
I wonder what Stacy and Clinton from "What Not To Wear" would have to say about this...  Cheesy

Oh, women look stupid with them as well. Women, however, generally carry purses and a fanny pack is not needed. A lot of men have this complex about carrying anything purselike. The invention of messenger bags has helped to curtail the fanny-pack craze.

As for me, my money is hidden in three different places, none of which are my purse. Well...I do have a couple bucks in the purse, but that's so that just in case I do ever get mugged, I have something to hand over. An old friend of mine's uncle was shot and killed by a mugger when he had nothing to give him.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 12, 22:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have a couple bucks in the purse, but that's so that just in case I do ever get mugged, I have something to hand over. An old friend of mine's uncle was shot and killed by a mugger when he had nothing to give him.

I am familiar with this concept.  In Nairobi in the 1990s (probably still) there was a recommended amount to carry in a wallet for muggers to find, should you be unfortunate enough to meet one.  As crime was rising in the city, meeting a mugger was a reasonable probability, and muggers who found foreigners without some money were likely to kill or injure the offending victim.

The rule was, don't carry with you what you would not be able to lose without hardship, and don't carry less than X amount.  Chance of being mugged decreased if one went in company with 3-4 others.  If you went in a car to certain areas, chance of mugging decreased almost to zero, but there was an exponential rise in the likelihood of carjacking.

Tribulatio proxima est
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 13, 20:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Why isn't it okay for a man to wear a fanny pack? They're very practical, especially for travelling.
Well, you might want to bear in mind that in England a fanny is not your backside but a woman's 'undercarriage'.  I know that is a minimal consideration for most Americans (and quite right too) but every time this type of discussion comes up you must realise that all the English posters are indulging in fits of mad childish giggles.   

I'm not male, nor do I own a fanny pack.

See, there you go, from my point of view you most certainly do.  For me, that statement is an oxymoron. 

I wonder what Stacy and Clinton from "What Not To Wear" would have to say about this...  Cheesy
Oh, we have that programme - are your presenters as bad as ours, I wonder?  Silly trollopes.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 13, 20:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm indulging in fits of childish giggles? I didn't realise that.

Also, a fanny-pack is not the same thing as a fanny Tongue

On a related note, I do miss the old days of Sims 1, when every Townie was named Randy. Oh, the laughs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 14, 02:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, women look stupid with them as well. Women, however, generally carry purses and a fanny pack is not needed. A lot of men have this complex about carrying anything purselike. The invention of messenger bags has helped to curtail the fanny-pack craze.
I don't need a purse. You should see how much I carry in just my coat.

As for me, my money is hidden in three different places, none of which are my purse. Well...I do have a couple bucks in the purse, but that's so that just in case I do ever get mugged, I have something to hand over. An old friend of mine's uncle was shot and killed by a mugger when he had nothing to give him.
The only thing I hand out is death. You should always wear body armor! Millions for defense, not a penny for tribute!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 14, 05:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep my personal effects stashed all over my body. I carry my wallet in my hand (tis a big wallet), have my keys and iPod in my pocket and I stash any large notes in my bra. How many muggers have attempted to steal out of a woman's bra? Anyone who attempts it gets a kick in balls and a broken nose.

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 14, 06:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried a google search for "BV clothes without gay backpacks" but surprisingly got no results

I wonder why you got no results?  Roll Eyes
fucking idiot

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 14, 09:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Why isn't it okay for a man to wear a fanny pack? They're very practical, especially for travelling.
Well, you might want to bear in mind that in England a fanny is not your backside but a woman's 'undercarriage'.  I know that is a minimal consideration for most Americans (and quite right too) but every time this type of discussion comes up you must realise that all the English posters are indulging in fits of mad childish giggles.   

It was only a few months ago that I found out fanny just means backside in America, and that was only because I happened to see some Scottish woman talking about how it made her giggle on Jonathon Ross' show. Although personally it doesn't make me giggle because I'm too busy cringing. The word fanny reminds me too much of being nine years old and all the boys in my class thinking it was the most hilarious word ever and trying to force this poor girl to show them her's at lunchtimes. Mind you, unless I'm misremembering we refer to them as bum bags, which seem equally daft. I haven't seen anyone but my friend's dad wearing one since about 1995 though.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 17, 15:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, getting back on topic- has anyone made a backpackless version?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 17, 15:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, getting back on topic- has anyone made a backpackless version?

My impression was no, since there is better looking CC clothing of similar style out there, and, as Emma pointed out, "if you remove the backpacks, the teeshirts have a funny 'pinched' look around the waist", which makes a backpackless version look even more dorky.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 17, 15:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bumbags are really stupid...they just don't look right.
Where I am in the world (GB) everyone under 18 uses "gay" to describe something they don't like. Except me. I don't like it. It makes you sound homophobic. I cringe every time I hear the Year 12s call something gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 17, 18:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say "gay" for "lame" to myself. That usage has nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality to me. But I know it can be misconstrued, so I don't use it in public.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 17, 18:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try not to say gay, but it's pretty hypocritical of me, since I have no problem calling someone a "cocksucker" or a "cuntlicker" when I'm pissed at them, which is pretty much the same thing but more explicit.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 17, 18:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Jelenedra is the new gay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 17, 19:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr Eevilcat and I still collapse into fits of the giggles when we hear anyone mention a fanny pack. We also laugh lots at some of the product names in Ikea.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 17, 22:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't really found much similar looking clothing. I'd also like to see some backpackless outfits, minus the rude adjectives. I have no idea why they didn't think to make them an accessory instead of clothing. I'd very much like the hiker type clothes with the backpack as a separate item.

Kuronue: not necessarily!

vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 17, 22:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr Eevilcat and I still collapse into fits of the giggles when we hear anyone mention a fanny pack. We also laugh lots at some of the product names in Ikea.

Ever seen the sheepskin rug called Forskin? (not sure how to do the little dots over the "O".)  Cheesy
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 April 17, 23:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why they didn't think to make them an accessory instead of clothing.
Because 'accessories' are a community invention. As far as EAxis are concerned, they're glasses and/or jewellery.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 April 18, 00:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kuronue: not necessarily!

True, calling a man a cuntlicker doesn't imply that he's gay, but I usually go for cocksucker for males.

INFP or something
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 April 18, 08:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've nothing against homosexuals nor does my sister (she calls herself a fag-hag, whatever that is), but we say 'fruity' instead of 'gay'. Like, green pants and pink shirts. Or the backpacks. That's fruitalicious.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 April 18, 14:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't mind the hiking clothes with backpacks.  I just don't like them as everyday wear in the main 'hood.  On holiday, they are fine.  It seems silly to wear them in the hotel restaurant, but then, you may not want them wearing hiking clothes there either.  I generally don't get fussed about it - the backpack just becomes an amusing part of dining-out-wear.  Mind you, I don't think I have ever dressed any of my playables in the hiking clothes.

Please note: Dress code is in effect.  Gentlemen must wear backpacks for dinner.  No swimwear is permitted in the dining room.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: