More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:28:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV clothes without the gay backpacks?  (Read 26480 times)
Winklesim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
« on: 2008 April 11, 02:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

G'day all,

I was just wondering if anyone had attempted to make the BV outfits minus the backpacks? Some of them aren't too hideous, but i just refuse to have my sims wandering around wearing backpacks that pass through the backs of chairs/beds etc...

I tried a google search for "BV clothes without gay backpacks" but suprisingly got no results   Roll Eyes

Ta, Winklesim.

Wake me up when I'm rich and famous!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 11, 02:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try searching for "BV clothes without Jelenedra backpacks"?

Not that it would have been any more successful ...

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 11, 03:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are backpacks gay? I wasn't aware that they had any sexual preference. Mine swing every which way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 11, 03:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine stay straight and narrow?
leaths
Corpulent Cretin

Groovy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 11, 03:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine must be bi. I'm always having to switch shoulders.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 11, 10:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps what you need is a frontpack?
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 11, 10:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't trust a frontpack not to grope me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 11, 10:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering if anyone had attempted to make the BV outfits minus the backpacks? Some of them aren't too hideous, but i just refuse to have my sims wandering around wearing backpacks that pass through the backs of chairs/beds etc...
That would appear to be a negative. Actually, there's nothing special about the backpack outfits once you remove the backpacks. There's probably plenty of stuff that looks just like it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 11, 10:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you remove the backpacks, the teeshirts have a funny 'pinched' look around the waist.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 11, 11:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you remove the backpacks, the teeshirts have a funny 'pinched' look around the waist.

Well yeah, but any mesh-modder trimming away the back-packery would be expected to tidy up the mesh after the butchery surgery alterations.

Perhaps what you need is a frontpack?

In my perverted neck of the woods such a device is known, more than somewhat misleadingly, as a bum-bag.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 11, 14:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the point of wearing a backpack belt without the actual backpack.  Anyhow, the backpack is like a beacon in my game.  It screams "I am a townie and my mother dressed me in Maxiswear!"

This helps avoid confusion.

[edited for spelling]
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 14:34:22 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 11, 14:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my perverted neck of the woods such a device is known, more than somewhat misleadingly, as a bum-bag.
Fanny-pack here. Otherwise known as a big neon sign saying "I'm a dork and live in my mother's basement. I touched a boobie once."

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 12, 02:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried a google search for "BV clothes without gay backpacks" but suprisingly got no results   Roll Eyes

You're an idiot.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 12, 02:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To support: I really, really hate it when people use the word 'gay' to describe something they dislike. It's an attempt to remove any responsibility of the complainer to actually identify what their problem is. So I agree rather strongly with Invisigoth: you are a fucking idiot.

Now, had you asked how to simply remove the backpacks on their own without that stupid negative adjective, I may have tried to see if I could hunt any down. As such, you can continue on your merry way doing as you please.
* Aggie bitchslaps Winklesims with a sexuality-indeterminate trout

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 12, 02:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't you know anything? Jelenedra is the new gay now. What you meant is this:

I tried a google search for "BV clothes without Jelenedra backpacks" but suprisingly got no results   Roll Eyes

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 12, 03:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you meant is this:

I tried a google search for "BV clothes without Jelenedra backpacks" but suprisingly got no results   Roll Eyes

In which case, the use of the word "suprisingly" [sic] becomes the most incoherent part of the sentence, in addition to being misspelled.

Tribulatio proxima est
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 12, 05:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's wrong with "stupid backpack" or "ugly backpack"? Why do you have to associate gay people with anything you find stupid? It makes YOU look like a stupid, uneducated, homophobic bigot.

Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 12, 05:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fanny-pack here. Otherwise known as a big neon sign saying "I'm a dork and live in my mother's basement. I touched a boobie once."
==========================================================================
Hmm. Why isn't it okay for a man to wear a fanny pack? They're very practical, especially for travelling. I'm not male, nor do I own a fanny pack, but I wouldn't scream "DORK!" at a man wearing one. They're not haute couture, but if men aren't allowed to carry a purse, they
have to make do sometimes.  Wink
I wonder what Stacy and Clinton from "What Not To Wear" would have to say about this...  Cheesy
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 12, 14:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fanny packs - had one when I was 8 6. I burned it. I would never make my spawn wear one.
Moronic OP - all I'll say is you've dug yourself a mighty big hole. Have fun, wanker.

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 12, 14:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My choices of accessories are somewhat on the practical side.  I sometimes wear a "fanny pack" if I am out with my camera.  It allows me to keep hands free and have a place to store an extra lens, and some other gear without the inconvenience of rummaging through a backpack or shoulder-slung camera bag (which is sometimes too bulky).

It's a bugger if you're trying to get a pic of a deer, or other easily spooked animal and you have to make lots of extra movements to get the telephoto out.  It sort of advertises the situation to the deer, who, like the Masaii or Amish, do not particularly like their picture taken.  (Admittedly, they don't tend to stick a spear in you if you do take a picture, which I understand the Masaii might do).

But I digress.

Point is, if you use a backpack or fanny pack because it is the most practical choice, then fashion be damned.

Tribulatio proxima est
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 12, 15:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fanny packs are also good for teachers on a field trip who are trying to hold the slobbery, mucous-smeared hands of six children at a time.  It is quick and easy to extract bandaids, camera, bleach, cheerios, or handcuffs from the fanny pack.  Of course, teachers are normally at the forefront of fashionable dress, so this usage can either be seen as an abberation, or an endorsement of the ironic fashion-forwardness of the fanny pack. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 12, 16:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My nana keeps all her stuff in hers-house keys, purse etc, then zips her coat up over it. Stops muggers, although I'm sure my nan would deck them if they messed with her! She is fearsome.

xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 12, 16:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that (fanny pack under jacket) when I was travelling alone in China.  Not that Chinese people were more likely to mug me than the New Yorkers back home, but I would be more screwed to be stranded in a foreign country where I don't speak the language, so I took more precautions. 

Although gay guys are no more (perhaps less) inclined to wear backpacks than straight ones, I think there are more and more bags being produced these days on a continuum from rugged briefcase to messenger bag to outright purse, giving gay (and straight) men more options in carrying whatever they feel suits them. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 12, 17:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to leave a decoy wallet in an easily accessible location, with a proximity trigger. Once the decoy wallet has been moved more than 100 yards from the real deal, BOOM. Someone's missing a hand now.

xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 12, 17:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...And that's what happened to end my first career as a pick-pocketing moppet of a street urchin.
Please chalk up any typing errors to my use of a prosthetic hook. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: