More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:23:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  LTW meter stuck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: LTW meter stuck  (Read 4134 times)
Catbat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
LTW meter stuck
« on: 2008 April 07, 20:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and Googled first, I swear!

Has anyone else encountered a stuck LTW meter?  No matter how many of their wants I fulfilled, the meter will not rise.  It's stuck about halfway.  I know it was working before because I have maxed it out with a couple of Sims.  Any ideas?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Re: LTW meter stuck
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 07, 21:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! How great is that! As soon as you find out, please let me know.I will so install whatever borked that ridiculous feature of perpetual lame-inanity! That's awesome! (OK, obviously NOT awesome...probably tight pants, but supercool nonetheless...)

Um...is that the ONLY problem? I'd rather not destroy my game...

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Catbat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 07, 23:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!  I am a winner!  Grin

The only other problem/weirdness that I've seen is that the college progress bar doesn't fill out correctly (as if the Sim didn't gain the necessary skills), but I see that's a common, not important issue. 

If you truely want to have a game as fantastic as mine  Roll Eyes, the hacks I have are the Pes's Director's cut (minus antigardenlag), Squinge's prego stuff, ACR and a talk faster to plants hack form MTS2
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 08, 17:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The REGULAR aspiration wantmeter, or the Lifetime Aspiration Meter? If the regular meter, the one that has existed since the original game, does not rise when wants are filled, your game is very  broken, because the want-system is hardcoded. If the LTA meter doesn't rise, this is normal. Filling wants does not directly raise LTA, LTA gains or lowers over time based on the status of the regular aspiration meter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Catbat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 08, 20:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, I figured my game would be beyond craptastic if the original meter was borked.  I am refering to the one that FT added.  It seemed to stop filling up all together  after I moved a pair of Sims to college.  It dosen't seem as though it's really that big of a deal anyway...I was just asking to see if it was a sign of a bigger problem.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 08, 22:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, just a sign of the game not being particularly broken in this one area.

Although, this does give me an idea. Awesome people, how difficult would it be to make an object - rather like the static energy sculpture - to keep certain Sims on a lot perma-red? On an individual basis, I mean?

Simple enough for a first hacking project? I wouldn't mind giving that a go Cheesy
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 09, 03:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, I figured my game would be beyond craptastic if the original meter was borked.  I am refering to the one that FT added.  It seemed to stop filling up all together  after I moved a pair of Sims to college.  It dosen't seem as though it's really that big of a deal anyway...I was just asking to see if it was a sign of a bigger problem.

The adjustments to the LTA meter are much smaller while at uni, to compensate for the extended time period there.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 09, 15:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adjustments to the LTA meter are much smaller while at uni, to compensate for the extended time period there.

Where are these values located? I'd like to make it so the acquisition rate for toddlers and children is zero and use the uni values for all other age groups.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 09, 15:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are these values located? I'd like to make it so the acquisition rate for toddlers and children is zero and use the uni values for all other age groups.
At present, no one knows.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: