More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:06:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  WarmthFixes really Borks the vacation lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WarmthFixes really Borks the vacation lots  (Read 3060 times)
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
WarmthFixes really Borks the vacation lots
« on: 2008 April 08, 01:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Warmthfixes is really messing with the outdoor temps with that RTBN (Carry Bag - Start) it is trying to run.  Here is a good example, using the debug tool and do an Info - temperature stats here is the result:

Is Outdoors (rt1/rt7/Lua): 1/1/1
Is Greenhouse (rt6?):0

Here is an Object Error uploaded.  All other lots are okay only Vacation Lots' temperature controllers get borked.  This is a fresh install of the game.

Maybe there needs to be a test for the object D216EE01 done before the RTBN is run?

That behave Get in Temp 0 - Stack Object warmths Delta 2 node 7 with the RTBN (Carry Bag - Start) doesn't work correctly on Vacation lots, more specifically a hotel beach lot.
I would suggest others to check using the debug tool.  Until then I'm either removing this Warmthfixes or get rid of this bad RTBN.

Thanks,

Pcgeekri

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2008 April 08, 03:33:31 by pcgeekri » Logged
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: WarmthFixes really Borks the vacation lots
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 08, 03:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the BUY been tested on hotel lots?  Now it's giving crappy GUID errors.  On this same lot.

Example uploaded.  Another RTBN not running correctly on a Hotel Lot (CT - Keep Uniform).  And why is that running when the sim isn't in the bathroom?  Very strange....

Is this lot borked?  Or is there something special about hotel lots?

Thanks,

Pcgeekri

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2008 April 08, 03:47:16 by pcgeekri » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 08, 05:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not awesome enough to understand modding, but I can't help feeling that this (and the other 3 related threads you've started recently) are related to an issue I had and reported here.

In my case the sims I had problems with looked as if they were wearing "everyday" wear, however the game didn't realise they were wearing "everyday" wear.  I had these errors only on my first rotation through the neighbourhood.  Resetting through multiple errors until I could place a wardrobe next to the sim and order it to change into "everyday" worked to fix the problem for that sim, and once all borkened sims in the family were fixed, there were no further problems for that household.  Since then I've had a couple of rotations through the neighbourhood, and not had a repeat of these errors.  (Although I haven't had any vacations in that neighbourhood yet).

From my totally unawesome perspective (so I could be completely wrong here), I don't think warmthfixes or BUY is the cause of the game not recognising that the sims are in "everyday" wear.  I suspect this is an EAxis glitch.  Since the game isn't recognising that these borkened sims are in "everyday" wear, any mod that tries to determine what type of outfit the sim is in (such as warmthfixes or BUY) is going to error.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 08, 17:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your input.  With the clean install the BUY and Warmthfixes which both use RTBNs ( Means "Run Tree By Name") work great in all neighborhoods except Bon Voyage.  This is very, very advanced modding.  To get one to run correctly every little syntax has to be correct, the stacked object, any operands, switch back to the original Stacked Object and then continue back in the original mod that did the RTBN.  And then the testing for each neighborhood.  It took me an entire day to get my first one to work.

They both do a check on each sim to see if there is a particular clothing they are wearing or may have available in their "luggage".  In the case of the Warmthfix if they are wearing a particular outfit, the warmth controller is supposed to bump up their temp but in a vacation lot this RTBN gets borked.  Same for the Bathroom Uses You, does a check for an outfit in their luggage and does an RTBN to see if this special outfit needs to be kept.  In case of the B.U.Y. for some reason it thinks that whatever a vacationer townie has in their luggage is special and this borks the RTBN for the BUY.

Take care,

Pcgeekri

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: