More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:46:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pirate Ghost
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pirate Ghost  (Read 8064 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Pirate Ghost
« on: 2008 April 07, 04:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else think that Captain Dregg was done the way ghosts SHOULD have been done throughout the game? Every time my sims go to the beach I start wondering how hard it would be to use some of his BHAVs as a model to alter the "normal" ghosts...and then I get very (prudently) scared. But it would be so cool to have ghosts with limited interactivity and who actually have individuality. Mean ghosts might be exactly like all ghosts are now, but I'd love having (for example) a grandma ghost whose lifetime want was six grandchildren whose repetitive action was to go around tucking in her numerous descendants (even when they, themselves, were elders) or one who died maxed in music and dance enthusiasm who plays the piano.

Does anyone have any idea how feasible this would be?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Pirate Ghost
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 07, 06:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't ghost supposed to have this sort of behaviour anyway? I've only really had one ghost kept on a playable's lot-and this was waaaaay back with just TS2 installed. The 'grandma ghost' ate food that was placed out, tucked in the children and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom! Has anything changed much since then?

Haley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 07, 06:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you, croiduire. I wish my ghosts would do something...creative. I have thus gotten so bored and tired of regular ghosts, I simply delete all their gravestones/urns so I have none. All they do is go around scaring toddlers and waking people up. So yeah, Captain Dregg FTW.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 07, 06:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't ghost supposed to have this sort of behaviour anyway? I've only really had one ghost kept on a playable's lot-and this was waaaaay back with just TS2 installed. The 'grandma ghost' ate food that was placed out, tucked in the children and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom! Has anything changed much since then?

Um...oh, yeah. In fact, yours is the only ghost I've ever heard of who did that. All mine do is jump out at the living and make them pee their pants.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 07, 07:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have neat ghosts who clean bathrooms, but that's not very excitng.
Mostly they just hover around, cheering at their bed, and scaring people.

Ghosts who died violent deaths do more interesting things, like taunting the cow plant, raiding the fridge and generally complaining, but my playables rarely suffer those fates.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 07, 07:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because they're angry.

What you need to do is figure out what is making the ghost angry and change that, so they are calm again and will do spooky but non-hostile things. If you kicked or moved their grave/urn, to my knowledge, they will never calm down. You will also have problems if they can't find their bed or if another sim is sleeping in it, or if their spouse remarries, or if their family moves out and strangers move in.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 07, 07:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My happy ghost might have something to do with the fact she died of old age while in platinum mood. She was also a really nice and neat sim while alive.

I had ghost Komei on a lot for one sim night-he was an evil ghost! Made his kids scared and pee themselves and broke all the lamps! I deleted his tombstone once the sun came up. I don't think he was happy because his wife had moved her lover in and they had bought a new bed.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 07, 09:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ghosts who died prematurely act out their deaths, which is amusing. When I started playing, I created a family and killed them off to try out all the different kinds of ghosts. Neat ghosts do clean, ghosts who drowned run baths of water and make a mess, and stereos and TVs also get switched on by angry ghosts. My favourite is the ghosts on beach lots, who swim in the sea, but I would like it if there could be more interactions than just scaring.

More F than you
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 10, 01:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All they do is go around scaring toddlers and waking people up.
I've never seen a ghost scare a toddler. Ever.

They usually have the "See a Ghost" fear, but I've never seen it fullfilled.

Am I missing out? Do they shit their diapers or anything charming like that?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 10, 02:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's pretty much the same as an adult but without the puddle. The constant whining & crying makes you wish you had a smite option useable on the purelie creatures.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 10, 02:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had ghosts wake up sleeping toddlers by playing the xylophone or if they're awake, they'll get a thought bubble of the ghost who passes by but I've never seen a toddler scared by a ghost before.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 10, 02:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they have to be idle for it to happen or something?

My toddlers are rarely idle. Pretty much never actually.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 10, 15:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think that they messed up Cap'n Dregg. You should NOT be able to call a ghost!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 10, 17:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think that they messed up Cap'n Dregg. You should NOT be able to call a ghost!

It's an interesting point.  If anyone could actually prove the existence of ghosts, and could test the market for people who currently use ad hoc methods like ouija boards and seances to contact them, the development of reliable inter-existential communications technology might be a new line for Bell.

"Reach out and let your hand slip through someone."

Tribulatio proxima est
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 11, 21:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had ghost in a long time because I had a huge problem with my ghost scaring sims to death. I lost at least three that way. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I'd love to play around with ghosts again.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 11, 21:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's Ghost Hack gives you the option of having individual ghosts scare only Knowledge Sims or no one at all.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 11, 21:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had ghost in a long time because I had a huge problem with my ghost scaring sims to death. I lost at least three that way. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Yes; take better care of your sims.  If their needs weren't so low they wouldn't die.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 12, 01:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had ghost in a long time because I had a huge problem with my ghost scaring sims to death. I lost at least three that way. Is there a way to prevent that from happening? I'd love to play around with ghosts again.

Try the ghostbuster from the objects directory.

It's a sign that it is purchased with aspiration points.  Place it in the rooms you don't want your ghosts to go to, and they will be zapped back to their graves/urns when they enter the room.  Note that they will instantly emerge from their graves again, but will usually not try to return to the room they just got zapped from.  If the graves/urns are in a room (such as a mausoleum) and the sign is in the same room, the ghosts will be zapped back into their graves immediately.  The main exception to this is if you have moved their gravestone - they will come out for one haunting at the spot they died/moved the grave from.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 12, 07:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the ghostbusters sign in bedrooms to keep ghosts from waking sims up from their beauty sleep.  It might be an idea to put one in rooms where sims are especially voulnerable to death by fright, like a gym (or anywhere else their stats might go into red).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: