More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A harvest conflict, and what does the shopping cart do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A harvest conflict, and what does the shopping cart do?  (Read 12123 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
A harvest conflict, and what does the shopping cart do?
« on: 2008 April 08, 18:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can't harvest bland tomatos (and possibly other vegies, or even fruits too). They harvest, and the produce doesn't go to their inventory. No error logs are generated. Mouthwatering kinds can be harvested fine. I narrowed down to Pescado's fishandharvestfix and Simwardrobe's Employee Gardening Controller (http://www.simwardrobe.com/, under object and business facilitator.) Leave each of the two mods in alone, and they harvest fine. But put in together, they can't. Not residents, not employees, nobody.

Both mods are up to date. And I need both  Cry

A side question. What does the new shopping cart that came with FT do?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: A harvest conflict, and what does the shopping cart do?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 08, 19:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it not truly said by St. Mick Jagger, "you can't always get what you want".  Both hacks may be up to date for FT, but may still conflict with each other.  Run Hack Conflict Detection Utility or take one of them out to test whether this is indeed your problem.

Shopping cart?  What shopping cart?
* jolrei goes to look for it.

Tribulatio proxima est
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 08, 20:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the shopping cart icon in the control panel with the other inventory icons? I have no idea. I've never seen any items in it.

ISTP
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 08, 20:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both hacks may be up to date for FT, but may still conflict with each other.  Run Hack Conflict Detection Utility or take one of them out to test whether this is indeed your problem.

That's exactly what I found out. Each one alone, no problem. Both in, problem. They are in conflict in the scan, but I have been using them together with no problem, up until Free Time. I have found that sometimes it is ok to have conflicting mods in the game because they each add something to the other that I really need. Like in this case. I need fish and produce go to the right inventory (Pescado's), but I also need Simwardrobes' one to get employees autonomously fertilize and plant, on top of Pescado's farming functionalities.

Do you mean the shopping cart icon in the control panel with the other inventory icons? I have no idea. I've never seen any items in it.

Yes.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 08, 20:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what I found out. Each one alone, no problem. Both in, problem. They are in conflict in the scan, but I have been using them together with no problem, up until Free Time. I have found that sometimes it is ok to have conflicting mods in the game because they each add something to the other that I really need. Like in this case. I need fish and produce go to the right inventory (Pescado's), but I also need Simwardrobes' one to get employees autonomously fertilize and plant, on top of Pescado's farming functionalities.

So, unless someone (presumeably Pescado) is willing to make his mod compatible with the Simwardrobe one (I'm not putting money on it), you are faced with the opportunity to redefine what you mean by "need".

I provide you with a simple choice:
1) do you need this conflict making it impossible for sims to properly harvest things?  OR

[SHRUBBERY]

2) Do you need one of of these hacks more than the other?

For shrubbery reference, see the Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy official radio scripts, or indeed, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Knights who say "Ni").

Tribulatio proxima est
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 08, 20:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The shopping cart got added with Open For Business.  If you visit a business lot as a customer, your purchases are supposed to go in there until you actually pay for them.

I seem to remember it didn't work right, but I haven't visited a player-business lot in any capacity in a long, long time.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 08, 21:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes it's possible to get conflicting hacks to work together by making them load in the right order. Before giving up on one totally, you might see if it works better to load them in the opposite order of whatever you're doing now.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 08, 21:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) Do you need one of of these hacks more than the other?

Equally bad  Grin Of course I wish Pescado would notice this and, if it is something he can do, do something about it. Because after all, his mod is working on its own right. So is the other one.

Or, maybe someone with the knowledge can shed some light on how to resolve this. Why only bland ones, not mouthwatering ones? Is there something simple to change to make them work? (I messed around to achieve some simple tasks, for example, I made his community skilling to allow playables to gain skills after knowing that he wouldn't do it.)

Buchignani
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 08, 21:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, waddamin. Isn't that as intended with Pescado's mod because bland produce is worthless?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 08, 21:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes it's possible to get conflicting hacks to work together by making them load in the right order. Before giving up on one totally, you might see if it works better to load them in the opposite order of whatever you're doing now.

Thank you, I'll look into it. I just saw this at a modder's download page: "P. S. If you have CBOY_nudist mod you should put this mod into the folder \Sims\FreeTime\TSData\Res\Overrides so the game will read both BHAVs without conflict. " Is this safe and recommended?

Oh, waddamin. Isn't that as intended with Pescado's mod because bland produce is worthless?

Cheesy He can be THAT picky? No, they harvest fine with just his mod in.

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 08, 22:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine Pescado's suggestion would be to remove Paladin's "Employee Garden Controller" and use Pescado's "Business Runs You"  instead. Couple with gpsign.package (in the /test directory),  and the floor dividers, and it should be able to do almost everything that the Employee Garden Controller did, and more.

Having not personally run an employeed plantation, I imagine that this will result in the employees overwatering produce into Mouthwatering quality before harvesting, if the garden plants aren't Thriving already, and nobody on the lot has a Gold Badge.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 08, 22:07:42 by notovny » Logged

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 08, 22:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine Pescado's suggestion would be to remove Paladin's "Employee Garden Controller" and use Pescado's "Business Runs You"  instead. Couple with gpsign.package (in the /test directory),  and the floor dividers, and it should be able to do almost everything that the Employee Garden Controller did, and more.

I use BRY, can't live without it. What does "gpsign" do? I contemplated but never figured out what it could be. Can employees autonomously fertilize and plant? That's mainly what I need from Paladin's.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 08, 22:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gpsign = garden plant sign
You put the object near some garden plots, then border the plots (including the sign) with a low fence or room divider.  Employees or anyone else designated to be farmer will then be sent to fertilise and re-plant with whatever plant you've designated for that area.  If you have compost, it will be detected and used first.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 08, 22:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Goodies! That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you guys! Thank you very much.

Now that I'm at the test site, might as well ask here what all the others are about. Is "gpaccessoryeventfix.package" also related to garden plants? And "juicebadgefix.package", "footslotfix", "dancepositioner"? What specifics does "moarfight" change to fightclub? Anywhere are these documented or discussed?
« Last Edit: 2008 April 08, 22:45:35 by Lion » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 08, 22:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"juicebadgefix.package"

Juicebadgefix enables Sims to gain badge points for FT badges (sewing and pottery) by drinking Orangeade.
Discussed here.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 09, 00:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado showed dancepositioner off in an old episode of Awesomeland. Basically, you can use it to reserve tiles for dancing and then direct groups in mass to use them and switch dances as wanted.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 09, 00:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Goodies! That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you guys! Thank you very much.

Now that I'm at the test site, might as well ask here what all the others are about. Is "gpaccessoryeventfix.package" also related to garden plants? And "juicebadgefix.package", "footslotfix", "dancepositioner"? What specifics does "moarfight" change to fightclub? Anywhere are these documented or discussed?

Dancepositioner gives you an invisible-in-live-mode floor tile that anchors Sims for group dances.  Not just the regular "Goofy Dance", but (With NL) the Smustle, and (With BV, and having learned them)  The Slap Dance, The Hula, and Tai Chi.

So rather than  having a bunch of Sims all  tucked in a disorganized corner and sticking their feet through the chests of other Sims,  you can set up decent, even spacing like in this night club:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2816/03152008175929gx6.jpg

Or the Tai Chi class at Body By Blue, my owned Gym:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4761/03222008222039yr7.jpg

However, it doesn't intrinsically save the type of dance; if you want a particular dance to go on, you have to stick a Conrollable Sim in there, and get him to initiate the dance.  Otherwise, the resulting dance will be determined by who gets there first, and what dances that Sim knows.  You can change the dance on the fly if there's a controllable Sim on one of the squares, though.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 09, 06:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notovny, that Tai-Chi class looks awesome!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 09, 06:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I'm at the test site, might as well ask here what all the others are about. Is "gpaccessoryeventfix.package" also related to garden plants?

It prevents som maxis errors related to gardening tools.  It doesn't change game behaviour.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: A harvest conflict-Solved! And what does the shopping cart do?
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 09, 10:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very well, dancepositioner sounds like something I have been dying for  Grin. Notovny, really awesome pictures. Reminds me of "Thrill".

Now I report back: Conflict solved!  Cheesy I changed folder names so that Paladin's is loaded before Pescado's, and blands are harvested correctly. //happy dances.....

Pescado's garden sign is a very handy tool. (Surprise!) More awesome than Paladin's because it takes much less set-up. Though both seem to have the same problem of "harvest" having a very low priority. With Paladin's, sim would do everything else before they finally come to harvest, even "tend" the harvestable ones (how stupid is that?). In a brief test with Pescado's gardensign, they fertilize and plant empty lots first before they harvest. Do not know whether they tend and then harvest if there are weeds (because I don't have weeds currently). Hope I'm not the only one who thinks it is natural to harvest first (so that more seeds can be planted at the earliest possible time).
« Last Edit: 2008 April 09, 11:04:26 by Lion » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 09, 11:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can't harvest bland tomatos (and possibly other vegies, or even fruits too). They harvest, and the produce doesn't go to their inventory. No error logs are generated. Mouthwatering kinds can be harvested fine. I narrowed down to Pescado's fishandharvestfix and Simwardrobe's Employee Gardening Controller (http://www.simwardrobe.com/, under object and business facilitator.) Leave each of the two mods in alone, and they harvest fine. But put in together, they can't. Not residents, not employees, nobody.
What is this "employee gardening controller" nonsense? This is non-Awesome and we do not support it here. Employee farming works fine in my game without the non-Awesome. You *ARE* using BRY, yes? Otherwise it's a miracle employees can do anything but wander about cluelessly and piss themselves.

Now I report back: Conflict solved!  Cheesy I changed folder names so that Paladin's is loaded before Pescado's, and blands are harvested correctly. //happy dances.....
If one of them has to load "first", then there is an unresolveable conflict between the two and you cannot use them together, because they are not meant to function that way and you have basically crippled the employee harvesting function and made it return erroneous results.

In a brief test with Pescado's gardensign, they fertilize and plant empty lots first before they harvest.
This is correct behavior, because if there is an empty plot and a plant awaiting harvest, then neither plot is productive. If you harvest first, then you now have TWO unproductive plots. If you plant first, the planted plot is restored to productivity immediately.

And I stil lhave no idea why you're using both, the two functions are intrinsically incompatible. One is also non-awesome, so we don't support it here.

With Paladin's, sim would do everything else before they finally come to harvest, even "tend" the harvestable ones (how stupid is that?).
Very. That was an early prototype behavior that was eliminated because, like you said, it was stupid. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 09, 12:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kudo to the awesomeness. I used both because I did not know about "gpsign" then. If you have included a readme or something in the test folder, I would have dismissed Paladin's long ago!  Roll Eyes Thanks, now I'm at peace.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: