More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:29:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Wants to see the ghost of penguin?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wants to see the ghost of penguin?!  (Read 13685 times)
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Wants to see the ghost of penguin?!
« on: 2008 April 06, 01:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

Bug? Tight pants?

Bizarre!
Larxene
Blathering Buffoon

For great justice!

View Profile
Re: Wants to see the ghost of penguin?!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 06, 07:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if that's a glitch or just plain awesome.

~~ Larxene
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 06, 08:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill reported the same, ages ago. According to J.M. it's rather harmless. Link

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 06, 16:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, well that is good to know. I can't believe I didn't see it earlier, then.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 06, 19:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha!  One of my sims mysteriously satisfied the want to meet someone new.  I knew that there had been no strangers on the lot, but she was autonomously mopping up a puddle.  Her memories showed that she had met the NPC-penguin by mopping up its pee puddle! Cheesy  While much hilarity ensued, I did wonder if she'd have to meet with her unfortunate demise soon for spreading dangerous gossip.  Thanks, she's spared for now.  Grin
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 06, 23:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, poor penguin. Is he really that annoying? I've only seen him once in a test hood right after I installed Seasons (back when it first came out), but my main hood has the same configuration of seasons as yours does and it's finally rolling into winter so maybe I'll see him soon enough.

Actually on secret hobby lots it appears to be winter already, even when it's autumn in the actual hood, because EAxis set the default season rotation to summer, autum, winter, spring and the game seems to use this on secret lots. Since it's autumn (my third season) in the main hood this defaults to winter (the default third season) on secret hobby lots. Very annoying!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 07, 03:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, your sim and notovny have a lot in common.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 12, 23:27:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, wait...the penguin pees?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 13, 03:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That house scares me.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 13, 04:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, wait...the penguin pees?

Yup, although I haven't seen it happen often.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 13, 06:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Well, ain't it just like sims to get in a murderous rage over some bird droppings.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 13, 21:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Well, ain't it just like sims to get in a murderous rage over some bird droppings.

Well, neat sims get into a murderous rage over ANY puddle, including ones made by their (sloppy) loves-of-their-lives in the shower.  Hence Pescado's 'nopuddlerage' hack, which nerfs that silly nonsense.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 14, 03:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the penguin show up in my game in fall recently.  Huh Well, at least he's not peeing in my yard (or stuck standing on the exit spot).  Smiley
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 14, 13:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The penguin will show up pretty much any time if you leave a fish laying around where it can get at it (usually).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 14, 13:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.....or if you get your sim to build a snowman.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 14, 13:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea -- I can take or leave the penguin coming around, but I am amused by it having a very animated conversation with a snowman.  And the fact that nothing stops the penguin from getting TO the snowman, even if it's in the back yard and the penguin has to trek through a locked gate and two locked doors to go through the house to get to it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 15, 17:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does seem everyone has different experiences with the game. I have the penguin showing up regularly on lots no matter what the season. Sims seem to have frequent alien abductions when using the higher price telescope, (so many that I no longer use that telescope), and I have 2 different werewolves, glowing eyes, show up nightly on lots. There shouldn't be 2 werewolves in one neighborhood, but Lucky and Rascal are both werewolves that constantly nag at the backyard locked gate. This has been happening since playing one particular neighborhood.

Originally, these were amusing. Now, tired of cleaning up penguin puddles, tired of werewolves nagging, and tired of aborting alien pregnancies using, yes, the "Kitten Killer".

....silently closing my eyes and groaning ....
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 15, 20:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game spawns 3 LotPs (werewolves) if you don't use a clean template, if i remember rightly, so that's normal.

INFP or something
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 15, 22:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's unusual is that two werewolves are showing up regularly. A second werewolf is sometimes called to a lot, but it's uncommon. Normally, it shouldn't happen nightly. On the other hand, maybe the dogs just like your Sims.

As for the abductions, maybe an abduction hack crept into your game? Or maybe it's just sadorandom.
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 15, 23:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and I have 2 different werewolves, glowing eyes, show up nightly on lots. There shouldn't be 2 werewolves in one neighborhood, but Lucky and Rascal are both werewolves that constantly nag at the backyard locked gate.

There's a mod by Squinge called "summonwolf" that does this. When I had it installed the pace leaders used to show up every other night or so, one earlier than the other by about an hour, but they'd both be there at the same time. It was kinda funny 'cause they didn't really like each other, either. I had never had a werewolf before when I installed that, but now I have and I'm over it. I didn't even realize I wasn't being harassed by Stinky and Sweets nightly until I read you post and thought "Hmm, that sounds familiar". Maybe you should check to see if you have a hack like this?
selty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 16, 12:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait...YOUR SIM WANTS THE PENGUIN TO DIE!?
How cruel.

Balls of STEEL.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 16, 17:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The penguin will show up pretty much any time if you leave a fish laying around where it can get at it (usually).

Or even where it can't get at them. If I have mounted fish on my Sims' walls the penguin will come indoors and actually fly slightly to try and reach them. Very cute the first time I saw it.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 April 16, 17:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was cute the first couple of times too but then the penguin became a permanent fixture on my lot, banging the gate shut at all hours of the day so I banned him. My Sims just moved to a new home and put the fish in the basement that is only accessible by elevator - I might allow him back just to see if he can ride down to talk to them.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 April 19, 01:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game spawns 3 LotPs (werewolves) if you don't use a clean template, if i remember rightly, so that's normal.

Yes, true, but I thought only 1 was active and the other 2 spares, I have 2 that alternate in gameplay. This is first Neighborhood that this has happened in.

...and I have 2 different werewolves, glowing eyes, show up nightly on lots. There shouldn't be 2 werewolves in one neighborhood, but Lucky and Rascal are both werewolves that constantly nag at the backyard locked gate.

There's a mod by Squinge called "summonwolf" that does this. When I had it installed the pace leaders used to show up every other night or so, one earlier than the other by about an hour, but they'd both be there at the same time. It was kinda funny 'cause they didn't really like each other, either. I had never had a werewolf before when I installed that, but now I have and I'm over it. I didn't even realize I wasn't being harassed by Stinky and Sweets nightly until I read you post and thought "Hmm, that sounds familiar". Maybe you should check to see if you have a hack like this?

That's the funny thing, I could understand it if there was a mod/hack in use, but there isn't and it is only happening on one Neighborhood.  Doesn't happen on the 4 others that I have. Just at Crescent Island.

What's unusual is that two werewolves are showing up regularly. A second werewolf is sometimes called to a lot, but it's uncommon. Normally, it shouldn't happen nightly. On the other hand, maybe the dogs just like your Sims.

As for the abductions, maybe an abduction hack crept into your game? Or maybe it's just sadorandom.

Well, if they like my Sims, I wish those dogs would stop it. I have my houses pretty much locked up with gates to back yard, so visitors of any kind can't just walk in. The werewolves dogs and other strays (thank you JM for the stop respawning strays) just come to the gate and want to get in. While the werewolf barks, it has the thought balloon of the gate with a red "x" over it. Maybe it has something to do with my getting fed up with them and deleting them with the moveobjects, and some they need to return regularly. I don't have an abduction hack, but I do know that the large telescope does increase alien abduction ability. It has never happened with the smaller, cheaper telescope, so I use that. Seemed to be more alien abductions on the beach lots than regular lots. I just noticed that with Crescent Island, the game runs differently...or maybe just some random stuff.

I can understand the penguin freguent visits as the fishing pond is near the veggie garden which is right by the fence and gate. The little bugger just keeps coming by, stopping, leaving pee, and keeps going.

Maybe all this happens because my Sims are 24 hrs Sims, I never let them sleep. I just keep using "maxmotives" to refresh their needs, wanting to excelerate gameplay. Gosh, just realized, I've really abused this game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 April 19, 02:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe all this happens because my Sims are 24 hrs Sims, I never let them sleep. I just keep using "maxmotives" to refresh their needs, wanting to excelerate gameplay. Gosh, just realized, I've really abused this game.
Pssh. Cheater. You don't need maxmotives to make them never sleep, and it doesn't really accelerate gameplay to do so.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: