More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:04:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  paused relacionships????
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: paused relacionships????  (Read 5877 times)
erikam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
paused relacionships????
« on: 2008 April 05, 15:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello i dont speak much inglish, so here is my cuestion... Huh
where i can find some mod or something, that can pause the relacionship or the LTR STR . this way my sims never crush or fall in love unless i take off the pause. i have no randon crush, no instand love, romance mod ACR everything and my sims keep falling in love or crush with averybody. even in a casual interacion...  please help
this can be a request?
thanks to everybody that work in this amazing mod that make the game more realistics and fun
thanks  thanks

Erika Grin
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: paused relacionships????
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 05, 16:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do this with debug mode and a little bit of patience. Just keep pulling the relationship bars back down to a reasonable level.

If they're falling in love while doing ACR casual interactions, though, that's either a bug with ACR - in which case you should alert Twojeffs - or a hack conflict. More likely the latter.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 05, 16:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she means she has no ACR, either.

According to the guide for the original game, sims are not supposed to initiate romantic interactions unless you had them do a romantic interaction before. However, it has happened in my game, without me knowingly having any romantic type interactions between the sims in question.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 05, 17:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Cheer up" is the one that screwed me up--who knew it was a "romantic" interaction? (Not me, certainly, at the time!) Sim sobbing pitifully, I have his buddy cheer him up...and the next thing I know I see big red hearts and triple bolts, and I'm sitting there thinking, "WTF?" Up until that point the cheerer up-er had been strictly heterosexual, and I'd always thought gender preference was set by repeated interaction.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 05, 18:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Cheer up" is the one that screwed me up--who knew it was a "romantic" interaction? (Not me, certainly, at the time!) Sim sobbing pitifully, I have his buddy cheer him up...and the next thing I know I see big red hearts and triple bolts, and I'm sitting there thinking, "WTF?" Up until that point the cheerer up-er had been strictly heterosexual, and I'd always thought gender preference was set by repeated interaction.
It is, but that's a two-way street.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 06, 00:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she means she has no ACR, either.
I read it as, 'I have "no random crush", "no instant loves", romance mod, ACR, everything...'. I think she's saying she has all of them, and it still isn't working.

Actually, I think I might follow her now. During my whizz around a slightly boring sub-hood, I noticed a few instances of loves and crushes coming a bit quicker than they possibly should have done.

ACR's working fine for me, though.

According to the guide for the original game, sims are not supposed to initiate romantic interactions unless you had them do a romantic interaction before. However, it has happened in my game, without me knowingly having any romantic type interactions between the sims in question.
Does that perhaps simply mean the requisite one interaction with anyone in order to set gender preference? I thought it was one romantic action with anyone, not one romantic action with That Sim Over There in particular.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 06, 03:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it still? I thought this was fixed in some edition of norandomcrush, unless EAxis fixed it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 06, 03:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

T
Is it still? I thought this was fixed in some edition of norandomcrush, unless EAxis fixed it.

That was a while (and a couple of EPs) ago, so it might have been fixed--DKNS. Thing is, I don't suppose it was all that random...they were best friends (IIRC they had something close to a 100/100 relationship). I just never thought cheering someone up was a romantic gesture. I mean the vanilla game does not support mercy fucks.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 06, 08:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just never thought cheering someone up was a romantic gesture.

It does make a bit of sense in RL.  If someone of the opposite (or preferred) gender puts their arm around you while crying and already emotionally vulnerable, that's a pretty good time to develop a crush.  In my book, it ought to be one-sided though.
In the game, the whole thing is too simple for that to work.

Edit: Horrid spelling.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 06, 13:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think I might follow her now. During my whizz around a slightly boring sub-hood, I noticed a few instances of loves and crushes coming a bit quicker than they possibly should have done.

I have noinstantloves, norandomcrush, romancemod and ACR and I've noticed this too. Since installing FT sims that previously indulged in romantic interactions without even getting a crush are suddenly getting instant crush and love hearts after just a single romantic interaction.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 07, 03:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

T

That was a while (and a couple of EPs) ago, so it might have been fixed--DKNS. Thing is, I don't suppose it was all that random...they were best friends (IIRC they had something close to a 100/100 relationship). I just never thought cheering someone up was a romantic gesture. I mean the vanilla game does not support mercy fucks.

No, but it probably should. Anyway, you'd be surprised what's a romantic gesture.  "Play/Throw Food" is also a romantic gesture.

PB

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 07, 03:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wha? You don't regularly throw food at your love interests? Your dating life must be really boring.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
erikam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 08, 15:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello again.. well thank to everybody and thank to Charamei. i do what you said but is boring thats right.  i still would like something just to paused, something that manteind the LTR and the STR  in 56 56 or some like that.
and yes i have all that mods, and always, ( not just after FT ) this happends

thanks Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: