More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:14:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game crashes whenever I click on misc->baby/children and decorative->curtains
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game crashes whenever I click on misc->baby/children and decorative->curtains  (Read 3298 times)
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Game crashes whenever I click on misc->baby/children and decorative->curtains
« on: 2008 April 04, 11:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a new laptop, very exciting stuff. It has windows Vista, not very exciting. My old laptop has XP. I thought I'd put my sims 2 on the Vista laptop, but instead of putting my sims 2 folder on here, I'd just put the downloads folder in. I really wanted to start fresh, so I figured it'd be fine.

So I was going through buy mode, went to the deco->curtains and the game crashed. I removed every curtain I could find and it still crashes. I went to Parsimonious to redownload some objects they have and ended up going download crazy (but they're all nice, neat and organized and I'm working on putting them in collections). Then when I played my game, I went under misc->kids stuff and the game crashed. When I click on "curtains" or "children" the game automatically crashes, I don't get any errors (only Vista saying "this application has issues and crashed".

Now I had this problem with the Wardrobe and End Table sections of buy mode (both let me get to the second page of their 'gallery of stuff' then crashed). When I went and removed all the wardrobe (dressers) and random end tables (I left the Parsimonious ones in) it stopped crapping out on me. I tried running in debug mode but as I figured it didn't help any.

Has anybody else heard of a similar problem and know how to fix it? I'd really rather not go through and place each object in my downloads folder one at a time. That would take too long and knowing my luck, I'd still have the same issue.

Also, random Vista question: Whenever I close IE it always acts like it's an error and restarts it on me. I use Firefox usually, but some things just won't comply.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 08, 18:17:03 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Game crashes whenever I click on misc->baby/children and decorative->curtains
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 04, 13:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try taking out Simaddict's Tiki match stuff. Something (or several somethings) she/he has made in that set crashed my game to desktop.

mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Game crashes whenever I click on misc->baby/children and decorative->curtain
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 04, 14:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try taking out Simaddict's Tiki match stuff. Something (or several somethings) she/he has made in that set crashed my game to desktop.

I agree, I had the same issue whenever I tried to click on the children teddy icon it would crash I took out the tiki match and it stopped crashing...

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Game crashes whenever I click on misc->baby/children and decorative->curtain
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 04, 19:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you acquired those sets from the booty, there was something flaky going on, but the same sets from the original source were fine.  I had the same crashing problems, and then waited an age to finally get my mitts on the originals for testing. 

If you still want those sets, try the booty again.  I can't tell if those sets were updated (the booty needs a better system for indicating fixed files really, really badly), but I forwarded everything I had to the fine pirates there.
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 05, 13:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you acquired those sets from the booty, there was something flaky going on, but the same sets from the original source were fine.  I had the same crashing problems, and then waited an age to finally get my mitts on the originals for testing. 

If you still want those sets, try the booty again.  I can't tell if those sets were updated (the booty needs a better system for indicating fixed files really, really badly), but I forwarded everything I had to the fine pirates there.

I probably did. Thanks for letting me know, I just removed them as I found some great Tikki related things from Parsimonious.

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: