More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 10:23:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  FT Patch Error?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT Patch Error?  (Read 12697 times)
Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: FT Patch Error?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 21, 22:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little to the side of topic, but this seemed an okay place to ask: are these installation problems I keep hearing about (the patch worked fine for me) why EAxis took down the patch? I didn't know, but i saw a comment that the FT patch was withdrawn, and sure enough, it's not on the main site. It was never on the launcher-thingy either. I'm a bit worried, as I did install the patch. Is it going to bork my game?
If there's already a thread for this, please link me. I tried a search, but my search terms turned out nothing and I couldn't think of better ones.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 22, 01:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If when you installed it nothing bad happened and it's working okay, I don't think it will mess up. I just installed the patch two days ago, no problems.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 22, 16:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little to the side of topic, but this seemed an okay place to ask: are these installation problems I keep hearing about (the patch worked fine for me) why EAxis took down the patch? I didn't know, but i saw a comment that the FT patch was withdrawn, and sure enough, it's not on the main site. It was never on the launcher-thingy either. I'm a bit worried, as I did install the patch. Is it going to bork my game?
If there's already a thread for this, please link me. I tried a search, but my search terms turned out nothing and I couldn't think of better ones.

It was discussed in the Podium (EA admits bork-up, or something like that). Basically, if you never made custom clothes with the sewing machine, the patch works fine.  If you made custom clothes, some idiot EAxis programmer wrote the routine to store the custom clothes in a game system file, and the patch barfs when it tries to update that file and finds it changed.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: