More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:29:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-10-10)  (Read 524308 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-22)
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 22, 21:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get thyself to MTS2, and download the Clean Installer.  Let it scan your Downloads directory, sort on the MD5 number, and duplicate files will be highlighted in pink.  Just delete the one with the older install date, and you good to go.

And while you're at it, use the CI to put your stuff in subdirectories, and ALWAYS use it to install downloaded lots, to keep old or unwanted crap out of your game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-22
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 23, 01:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I very stupidly downloaded and installed some of those objects as bundles, that had to be put somewhere in the gamefiles. I think I got those files from the peasantry as well.

You downloaded this version by Argon:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6075.0.html

Stupid me just canīt remember wherever I put those files and they must be overriding yours I put in the Download folder, as my GLS TV does not display the FT options.

C:\-Path to Sims 2-\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

AFAIR, all 3 GLS objects were integrated into one file called GLS.bundle.package in Argon's version. I made a separate package for each object, as some people only want functional objects without more decoratives to clutter up catalog.

Argon's "bundled" version is not really different from mine. In fact, I followed Argon's example in my version, integrating separate MMAT files into the main 3D file as well. You can use Argon's version in Downloads folder just like any other cc. He only suggested the above path so that official EAxis downloads aren't packaged into lots, resulting in bloated Sims2Packs. Plus you can avoid annoying custom star in thumbnails. I'm doing the same thing with my version in my game, putting all my preorder and official downloads in a subfolder under this path:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 [Your Latest Expansion Pack]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

(or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not installed in C:\Program Files)

It's really great if you can remember the location you put the files. I hate custom star in official downloads, which should have been included in the game itself if greedy EAxis didn't cut them into separate promos.

Get thyself to MTS2, and download the Clean Installer.  Let it scan your Downloads directory, sort on the MD5 number, and duplicate files will be highlighted in pink.  Just delete the one with the older install date, and you good to go.

Clean Installer will not be of help in this case, as OP put the files not in Downloads folder but in game files folder.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 02:40:31 by Lord Darcy » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-22)
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 23, 01:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point -- I forgot about that, because I stopped doing it since I keep my downloads folder synced between my desktop and laptop, and kept missing stuff if I put it in the game folders.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-23
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 23, 12:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-04-23: Added all 4 new preorders for Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff in the main post.
RubberDucky and DirectorsChair are included in FT set.

abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-23
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 23, 16:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for pointing me to the right path. My Downloads folder is nicely organised and maintained, but I just put a note with my backups, that I had installed the bundles in the gamefiles and forgot to write down where exactly.

It was a nice idea to reduce the amount of cc, but I guess I wonīt do that anymore, as it is a hassle to update things this way. At least with my bad memory concerning where I actually put files.
Alawren
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-23)
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 24, 01:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to add my thanks for doing this. I've downloaded the bonus items elsewhere but really like the fact these can be recolored and don't have that annoying star. Now to delete those and install these instead!
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 24, 08:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you be doing the 3 outfits from the double deluxe pre-order bonus and the jukebox from the deluxe?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 24, 11:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will you be doing the 3 outfits from the double deluxe pre-order bonus and the jukebox from the deluxe?

Geez, I didn't even know Double Deluxe preorders were up in Exclusives! Have some patience.

Havelock already posted a recolourable version of Deluxe preorder Jukebox in Peasantry, along with several recolors. Search for jukebox in Peasantry.

Garnet Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-04-23)
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 26, 00:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done any of this for the exchange Eaxis items? I know they're kind of boring, but they seem to be in the same vein.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 May 01, 12:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish people would shut up about the thank yous-  I'm watching this thread for updates, and don't like getting e-mails just to come here to see some idiot not using the sheep button.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-02
« Reply #35 on: 2008 May 01, 17:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-05-02: Added all 3 Double Deluxe preorders + 100 Million Sold Download outfit in the first post. Also added link to Deluxe preorder Jukebox updated by Havelock.

Has anyone done any of this for the exchange Eaxis items? I know they're kind of boring, but they seem to be in the same vein.

Argon removed useless duplicate resources from some of Exchange objects.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6075.0.html
Note that they're from 2006, so some objects may be outdated, like Teddy Bear or SpaceChair. And they're not recolorable. Exchange skins are not included.

4 of 5 Exchange topiaries were updated to Seasons by Havelock.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9997.0.html

great work and Thank you  Grin

While I appreciate your thanks, this forum is neither InSim nor MTS2. "Thanks" posts without any meaningful feedback are highly annoying for other people who watch this thread for my update. Just pressing Thanks button is enough. When in Rome, do as Romans do.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 02, 14:21:44 by Lord Darcy » Logged

shastakiss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-02
« Reply #36 on: 2008 May 02, 05:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Celebrations blue gown might require that sp now

and *ahem* thank you for all of this *runs*

"Serpentine, Shel! Serpentine!"

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 May 02, 14:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Celebrations blue gown might require that sp now

No. Unlike Baby Blue Tuxedo, I didn't remove the gown mesh from preorder package. The blue gown mesh is slightly different from the wedding ball gown mesh included in Celebration. It will work standalone without Celebration pack.

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-04
« Reply #38 on: 2008 May 04, 05:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-05-04: Added all 3 Happy Holiday Stuff preorders.

« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 03:53:58 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-04)
« Reply #39 on: 2008 May 04, 14:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all your work, I have a possibly stupid question to make though. Grin

How do I make the custom content asterisk disappear from objects? Do I put the files in the Bins folder of the latest EP or something like that? Or isn't it possible at all?

Dive in!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-04
« Reply #40 on: 2008 May 04, 15:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I make the custom content asterisk disappear from objects? Do I put the files in the Bins folder of the latest EP or something like that?

Yes. Unlike skins, objects always bear Star of Shame when they are placed in Downloads. Same goes for hacks containing OBJD of Maxis objects. To avoid custom star, objects and hacks containing OBJD (like nohumble) should go here.

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 [Your Latest Expansion Pack]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins *

(or the corresponding folder on your system if your game is not installed in C:\Program Files)

I made several subfolders in Bins and put all preorder objects/hacks to there.

* This location may not work for SP objects later than Celebration for pre-FT games, or even for unpatched FT.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 08, 02:44:42 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-04)
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 04, 15:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was hoping to hear, it was pretty annoying to have those show with the star as if they weren't official or something. Thanks again! Smiley

Dive in!
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-14
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 14, 12:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-05-14: Added all 3 Finland Coke Exclusive items in the second post. (Fridge, Pinball Machine and Tee)

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-18
« Reply #43 on: 2008 May 17, 17:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2008-05-18: Added Denmark Faxe Kondi downloads in the second post. (Exercise Machine recolor and Tracksuit)

Updated previously released skins to remove more duplicate textures. Skin file sizes were reduced by about 40%.

You can get all files in ONE big RAR in the first post. (Except for Deluxe Preorder updated by Havelock)

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-18)
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 04, 11:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

would you make IKEA bonuses too ?? please  Smiley
i have all in my game, but the dresser and the dining chair are not working in game. The dining chair work as living chair and the dresser has not some funktionality.
 Embarrassed

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Decustomized and Updated Maxis Official Objects/Clothing (Updated 2008-05-18)
« Reply #45 on: 2008 July 04, 14:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

would you make IKEA bonuses too ?? please  Smiley
I almost finished cleaning up IKEA preorders. Will upload them shortly.

i have all in my game, but the dresser and the dining chair are not working in game. The dining chair work as living chair and the dresser has not some funktionality.
The b0rked dresser issue is discussed here. You can get functional (yet unfinished) version from that thread.
As for preorder dining chair, it works fine in my game. It snaps into the table/desk without problem. Are you sure you don't have something blocking dining chair?

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 July 04, 14:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim cannot sit  on from one site. One site is ok, another no. Then the chair snap into the desk, the shadow left on the old place. Maybe is it only in my game.
Can you look at this and big thanks.
Yours version of the dresser is perfect. Slots  Kiss. It would be fine to have the orginal bigger one too. But with the slots and groundshadow darker.
The strind table has also to light shadow.
One more thanks.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 17:11:48 by Heli » Logged
Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2008 July 04, 15:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim cannot sit  on from one site. One site is ok, anather no. Then the chair snap into the desk, the shadow left on the old place. Maybe is it only in my game.

Confirmed the problem with immobile groundshadow. Not sure if I'm able to fix it though, as I've never seen such a thing before.

In my game, Sims can sit on and get out of the Nominell chair from both sides. Which desk/table are you using, and where did you put the desk in the room? Screenshot needed.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 04, 16:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim cannot sit  on from one site. One site is ok, anather no. Then the chair snap into the desk, the shadow left on the old place. Maybe is it only in my game.

Confirmed the problem with immobile groundshadow. Not sure if I'm able to fix it though, as I've never seen such a thing before.

In my game, Sims can sit on and get out of the Nominell chair from both sides. Which desk/table are you using, and where did you put the desk in the room? Screenshot needed.

The immobile Shadow could be caused if the Chair has one GMDC for the Chair and another for the Shadow. Some Barstools and one of the wooden Basegame Diningchairs have the same Issue.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 July 04, 17:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, is the Free Time desk, the sim can not sit on the chair. With the desk from Base Game work ok.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 19:48:03 by Heli » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: