More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:16:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sorry for the delay!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sorry for the delay!  (Read 28294 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sorry for the delay!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 29, 10:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Trepie - they are gorgeous! The mom and the toddler...Smiley.

I am used to Pollination Technician, and Johnny, from Strangetown, and only once I played Pascal, only to see what kind of Alien baby he will have. I didn't like the results at all - she was like Pollination, lol.
And I don't like Johnny at all, although he has human eyes. His skin is terrible!

With your aliens I could compromise! Did you make them, or Gloam? (I didn't download the Vamp lady, but she is very beautiful!).

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 29, 11:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I killed a nanny because she annoyed me.

Who hasn't? Wink

You could always then add the lovely decorative object pictured below from Bootsbrisket

But that nanny was the only sim I killed on purpose and didn't bring back.

I had a zombie nanny once. Brought her back that way then moved her back nto the npc household. She was interesting, seemed like she got more work done than when she was alive too lol. She was slow as hell though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 29, 12:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I think that's the funniest picture I've seen yet.   Cheesy  I love the smustle too.  And Gali, you have to be the sweetest, kindest person I know.   Smiley

Brynne, your pics crack me up.  Next time I'm going your way I'll PM you and maybe buy you lunch or something.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 29, 16:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like fun, Chris! I may have a sim-bender hangover, though. Usually do. Just warning that I may be a little "spacey".  Wink
Seriously, do let me know when you come to hotlanta next!
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 29, 16:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for the skins. I've so been looking forward to this.  Smiley

And Brynne, I loved the pictures, though I have to say I love Motoki's dead nanny pic a little bit more.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 29, 19:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Trepie - they are gorgeous! The mom and the toddler...Smiley.

I am used to Pollination Technician, and Johnny, from Strangetown, and only once I played Pascal, only to see what kind of Alien baby he will have. I didn't like the results at all - she was like Pollination, lol.
And I don't like Johnny at all, although he has human eyes. His skin is terrible!

With your aliens I could compromise! Did you make them, or Gloam? (I didn't download the Vamp lady, but she is very beautiful!).

The mother there is actually Stella Terrano.  A premade maxis sim in the student bin for La Fiesta Tech.  Her facial structure is rather human for being an alien though, which is why I like her rather than those flat faced Polination kids.   Cheesy

Lola and Chloe Singles are also rather human looking for being aliens.  But in my experience they always produce human children when you pair them up with a human.  Stella has always made alien children no matter who I paired her up with.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 29, 19:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to upload the Laverwinkle Alien Skintone as a .rar... Now we just need to wait for angelfire to finish the job (it doesn't automatically update when you publish something new it seems). Keep a look out for that .rar file link.. Hopefully it won't take too long to show up.

Has anyone been able to get the alien Laverwinkle skin yet I keep getting the corrupted zip file that was uploaded first.I wonder how long it takes for the files to be replaced.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 29, 20:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to upload the Laverwinkle Alien Skintone as a .rar... Now we just need to wait for angelfire to finish the job (it doesn't automatically update when you publish something new it seems). Keep a look out for that .rar file link.. Hopefully it won't take too long to show up.

Has anyone been able to get the alien Laverwinkle skin yet I keep getting the corrupted zip file that was uploaded first.I wonder how long it takes for the files to be replaced.

I got it!! Just needed to change zip for rar in the shortcut: http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/virtualdaydream/DylanTK_DefaultAlienLaverwinkle.rar

INTJ
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 29, 20:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it!! Just needed to change zip for rar in the shortcut: http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/virtualdaydream/DylanTK_DefaultAlienLaverwinkle.rar

Bravo! I have no clue why the link hasn't updated yet.. Damn Angelfire. Apparently it's uploaded, just not updated.  Roll Eyes

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 29, 20:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to the fix as well. I keep getting a 404 error. Thank you for the ones that work though, they are awesome. You really did a wonderful job! Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 29, 20:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to the fix as well. I keep getting a 404 error. Thank you for the ones that work though, they are awesome. Youreally did a wonderful job! Smiley

Just enter http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/virtualdaydream/DylanTK_DefaultAlienLaverwinkle.rar into your website-broswer-window-thing (what the heck is it really called?) instead of clicking on the link. Angelfire doesn't allow direct linking, but if you put it in manually, you'll get right to it.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 29, 20:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thank you! I should have said I got the error when I clicked on your link at the site, but this solved the issue. Can't wait to try it out! Grin

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 29, 20:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you soooo much! That worked prefectly.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 29, 23:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. It worked for me as well. Love the skins. Going to go play now.  Smiley

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 30, 08:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just enter http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/virtualdaydream/DylanTK_DefaultAlienLaverwinkle.rar into your website-broswer-window-thing (what the heck is it really called?)

Address bar. Wink

Thanks for making the effort to get these up. I'm fond of my green aliens, but that lavender is so pretty I don't think I can resist. It looks like the features of your default replacement Pollination Tech are better than the one I currently have, too.

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 30, 19:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just enter http://www.angelfire.com/ego2/virtualdaydream/DylanTK_DefaultAlienLaverwinkle.rar into your website-broswer-window-thing (what the heck is it really called?)

Address bar. Wink

Thanks for making the effort to get these up. I'm fond of my green aliens, but that lavender is so pretty I don't think I can resist. It looks like the features of your default replacement Pollination Tech are better than the one I currently have, too.

Address Bar! *smacks forehead* I couldn't remember that for the life of me, so thanks. Thanks for the compliments too of course.  Cheesy

I have no clue why Angelfire hasn't updated that link yet.. I checked and rechecked my design to make sure I hadn't forgotten to change the link. Not so, it's undoubtedly their mistake.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 30, 19:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...I've always called it the website-broswer-window-thing, myself... Wink
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 30, 20:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gloam, just curious/nosy, but how old are you?
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 30, 20:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gloam, just curious/nosy, but how old are you?

Old enough to have sex, but not old enough to drink.  Wink

I'm 20.

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 31, 04:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just checked the alien skintone in my game.

Beautiful!!!

Thank you very much, GM!

INTJ
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 31, 20:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally just managed to download this (had to poke Angelfire a bit with a pointy stick).  And I think this calls for a before and after pic!

I'm loving the skintone.  But is there a way to get the regular black eyes back?  I went and took the defaultalieneyes file out of the downloads folder.  But when I went back into the lot she and the other aliens in the family still had the violent swirly eyes.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 31, 21:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm loving the skintone.  But is there a way to get the regular black eyes back?  I went and took the defaultalieneyes file out of the downloads folder.  But when I went back into the lot she and the other aliens in the family still had the violent swirly eyes.

Say what!?  Shocked  If it's truly out, it's absolutely impossible for them to have it anymore, since the file does not 'exist'... Where did you move it to? Considering the nature of it, the game might be reading it even though it's not in the downloads folder (I don't know, just a guess)... Did you just look at their toolbar profile pics? Because those will remain the same until you change their appearance, swirly eyes and all. The sims themselves should be changed right away. I'll investigate on my own right away.

Update: Ok, I just moved the alien eye replacement to my desktop and loaded up the game... Chloe and Lola have the original black alien eyes. Hate to say this, but you're missing something in your purge process. If it's not out of your Sims2 folder completely, try that.. That's the only thing I can think of... Well, that and simple human error... it happens to the best of us. Make sure you don't have a duplicate somehow lingering around in your downloads folder, or in any other folder within the Sims2 folder. I really don't think the Sims 2 can load something like that if it's not either in SavedSims or Downloads, but I guess you never know! Please let me know how things work out. By the way, your alien chick is hot.  Wink
« Last Edit: 2005 October 31, 21:52:57 by GloamingMerle » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 31, 23:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my alien sim, before and after.  I did plastic surgery on her because I didn't like her huge eyes.  They didn't look right with the normal eyes, and I never cared for the black alien eyes anyway, so I gave her a whole new face with pointy ears too, LOL.  Here she is.  Which do you think is prettier?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 31, 23:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. They both look like real aliens to me!
Seriously, these skins look great. I may start having to play with vamps and aliens, now.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 31, 23:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always hated the green skins they put on the aliens.  I thought it was so ugly and just flat and dimensionless.  I didn't like playing them.  I have been using Sleepycat's default alien replacement skins, which are nice, but I love this color.  I think I might play aliens more now with these skins!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: