More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:37:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Frankenversions of twojeffs and FFS hacks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Frankenversions of twojeffs and FFS hacks  (Read 24507 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Frankenversions of twojeffs and FFS hacks
« on: 2007 April 02, 05:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here are my franken versions for Seasons.

Dorm Gender Controller
The dorm gender controller probably should work as far back as NL.
The dorm controller hack completely replaces noundeaddormies (since it merges them together).
(see reply #4 below)

School Bus Dialog Hack
The school bus dialog hack is probably only for seasons.
The school bus hack does not entirely replace nofrat.  If you want the nofrat changes for the regular work car pool stuff, you still need that hack (from the Director's Cut).

No Finals at Night
No Finals at Night with Vampire sim handling.  Here is a great description by KittKitt (cuz I'm too lazy to write me own Tongue)

It makes regular sims have finals in the day and vampire sims have finals at night if they were originally scheduled otherwise.  It will even continue to push them up if needed, say if a sim was normal and the final was originally at night but then was pushed to 8:00 am, if you then make that sim a vampire before the 5 hour mark, it will shove the final up to 8:00 PM, and from what I can see there's no limit to how long you could continue this loop.  Very cool.   Grin

This should theoretically work... probably for NL or OFB and later?

Ste

ETA: edited for clarity

* School bus - bring friend dialog plus nofraternization.zip (19.63 KB - downloaded 736 times.)
* No Finals at Night plus Vampire YAs.zip (41.57 KB - downloaded 810 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 02, 17:03:29 by syberspunk » Logged

V
Senator

View Profile
Re: Frankenversions of twojeffs school bus dialog and dorm gender controller hacks
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 09, 00:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the old school bus-bring friend thingy works fine for Seasons, right?

I don't want no fraternization. I like the fraternizing. I had an unexpected 3 bolt couple thanks to a Mad Scientist coming home with a Lab Assistant (whatever the first up from Test Subject is)

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Frankenversions of twojeffs school bus dialog and dorm gender controller hacks
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 09, 09:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember if I complained to twojeffs about it, and I haven't tested this enough to know if it carries over, but in the original school buss hack, I had an annoyance with teens who came home from school in their own car; parked it in the garage and then ambled across the lot to stand by the mailbox for a second before walking all the way back to the study (next to the garage) to put their homework on the desk.
Just had to mention it while I remember.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 09, 14:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But the old school bus-bring friend thingy works fine for Seasons, right?

Well, if by "old" you mean the one twojeffs made for Seasons, then yes.  If by "old" you mean the previous version for Pets, I don't know.  I saw that twojeffs has a Seasons version.  So I just took his and frankenified it with the nofrat portion that applies to school.  If you don't want nofrat, then you only need to use the one made by twojeffs.  Just make sure you use the correct version for your game.

I don't want no fraternization. I like the fraternizing. I had an unexpected 3 bolt couple thanks to a Mad Scientist coming home with a Lab Assistant (whatever the first up from Test Subject is)

Actually, this frankenversion of twojeffs' school bus hack only deals with school.  It won't affect the work car pool.  I purposefully did it this way since there may be people who only want nofrat between schools.  And if you still wanted nofrat for work car pools, then you would still need to get that hack separately.

Just had to mention it while I remember.

Hrm.  I don't know anything about that.  It would probably be best to mention that to twojeffs, as I had no part in "designing" this hack in the first place.  I simply took his original hack and added or changed a couple of lines, so it does the same checks as nofrat (basically making sure that kids are in the same type of school: public or private).  If it is a bug, hopefully twojeffs can fix it.  Then I'll just frankenify the updated version.  Less work for me.  Cheesy

Ste

syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
Re: Frankenversions of twojeffs and FFS hacks
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 02, 17:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to add frankenversions of twojeffs randomized dormie gender controller.

Ste

« Last Edit: 2007 September 05, 01:50:24 by syberspunk » Logged

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 05, 00:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to add frankenversions of twojeffs randomized dormie gender controller.

Something is askew -- I tried this, and had not one, not two, but THREE zombie dormies show up in the dorm from the selector.  I'm using the middle one (not NL, not uni-only).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 05, 01:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is askew -- I tried this, and had not one, not two, but THREE zombie dormies show up in the dorm from the selector.  I'm using the middle one (not NL, not uni-only).

doh!  Thanks for letting me know joe. Cheesy  The first time around I just did a quick slapdash of a job.  I looked at the code again and I realized twojeffs added a whole bunch of new lines I didn't notice.  Silly me. Tongue  It looks like he added a second search, so I added the vamp and zombie checks there too.  Hopefully it will be fixed this time around.  Please let me know.  I don't have enough zombie dormies to actually test it out, and I don't have any vamped dormies at all.

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 05, 13:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll check it out as soon as I have another teen go to Uni (may be a few days)  I only have a bunch because I was playing with JMP's zombie apocalypse for a while, so a few dormies got zombified. And I think all of them showed up at that dorm. Smiley

ETA: Well, I can report partial success -- I had a dormie kick the bucket in an existing dorm, and the replacement wasn't a zombie. Smiley I'll keep an eye on replacements, since I have about 4 or 5 Uni students left to play in this session.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 06, 13:58:22 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 23, 03:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste,

Any plans to update the school bus dialog for FT? TJ had to modify it to handle the new hobby chance cards that kids/teens now get that makes them drag a classmate home (3/8/08 version).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 02, 19:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure.  I'll have to check out his changes and compare.  I've just been so busy doing other things, and this weekend is kinda hectic.  But I'll most likely update.  Smiley

Ste

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 14, 03:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity, when does the No Finals At Night kick in with the altered finals time? Does it only work if the mod is installed when Uni sims pass into their next semester?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: