More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:53:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies  (Read 23112 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Strangehood Genealogy and other anomalies
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 10, 19:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they changed that in NL so they could pretend there's more than one PT and your alien children could marry. I believe they unlinked him, but am often w... wr.... wr.... er, mistaken Wink

You may well be right, haven't played Strangetown since NL, it's not my favourite hood to play, so I just haven't got around to it.

Olive is a serial killer.  At least that's what my friend said when I showed him her memories list.  What's strange is that Lyla Grunt is dead and buried in her back yard as well, but the Grunts have no memory of her dying.

Trepie, I think you may be right, but it's odd that even a furious sim can't actually injure their enemy in a fight!  So how on earth do they kill them?  It's whoever is playing the hood who actually brings about the death by such things as failing to provide pool ladders!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 10, 19:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have some descriptions of the relations going there, something that will arise my interest in this hood?

Well, there were about three different fights at the wedding I had for Kent Capp and Bianca Monty.  That was fun.  And Phonehack's Call Enemies function can be put to pretty good use there as well.

I've heard most of the premades there have DNA screwups like those in Strangetown.  But I haven't seen anything too marring yet.  Kent and Bianca are skintones 1 and 3 respectively.  And they've had three kids so far:  First one is skintone 1, second one is skintone 2, and third is skintone 3.

What's really strange is some of the memories of some of the premades there.  Bianca has a green memory of one of the old Capp women dying.  And this is without the Evil Version of the No Corrupted Death Memory...

As for the new avatar.  I made it last night when I got one of those "One in a Million" camera shots.  GunMod's camera hack is a wonderful thing for those close-up shots.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 10, 20:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow!!! This sim is just beautiful!!!
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 29, 12:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you notice how old this thread is? Didn't necromancy man make you think posting here was dumb?

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 29, 12:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the Nervouses is a stub created by bad EAxis file hacking. It appears in various memories, but has been shredded in-game. The only real way to fix it without destroying information is to manually repoint the memories to the "true" Nervous before deleting the dupe.

Also, necromancy is bad, m'kay?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 29, 12:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as long as it's been necro'ed... Roll Eyes

I don't understand why people find it so weird that the Grunts have no memory of Lyla dying. I know that in-game they should, but realistically - they broke up, she left, they didn't know where she went and haven't heard from her since. Happens all the time. It's actually more realistic, IMO, than, 'This person who I haven't had contact with in years is dead! Waaahh/Wahey! Wait, how do I know that?'

And besides, it's providing a nice lot of fodder for my game. Sooner or later, one of the boys is going to see that gravestone... or the ghost... *rubs hands*
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 29, 22:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 29, 22:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem.
<snip JM's quote...which Mocbo thought referred to a "bad EAxis hack>

Did I have this hack in my last game install or not. Either way, how can I retrigger/recreate it?
I know of the following files/instances of data for Nervous: n002_user 00004( Person)  and n002_User00016( Ghost)...both in the Main Sims 2 Folder. Both are also in the My Documents folder, which the game loads from and automatically saves everything. Are there other files/instances?

Where is this "bad EAxis hack" and do the files disappear? Why has the hack survived in my Game? Is this hack a bug or feature?

I think these files/instances of Nervous are connected to the Main Character File of Nervous. That's the key.
I've noticed that Nervous (the sim, not the instances of data wandering around) reacts a bit more realistically than other sims. He acts/thinks for himself after a while, without being controlled by the player. He also has different emotions and (memories?). I think his character is specially programmed.
It malkes Selfstanding Actions over a long Time, without an Order from the Player.

Wiithout this bad EAxis hack, Nervous would behave the same as other sims, but with it, he's a little different.

EAxis has implemented a Real Story here. The story of the human experimentation is fictional...but the the Beakers are his real parents psychologically. His birth mother is likely a murderess, but couldn't legally keep her (their?) child (Nervous), so he was removed and (taken to an orphanage??) which he ran away from...and ran to the Beakers...bad people who mistreated him.

In the Real World this could have happened; there's a possibility that Will Wright knew someone that this had happened to.

All the other stories in Strangetown and in the whole game are uninstersting  because of the aliens an so on (aliens are fictional), but the story of Nervous could really have happened.

Greetings

Moc

To which I can only say.....

1) JM didn't mean a bad hack messed up your game. He meant the real game is messed up.
2) Nervous isn't real!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 29, 22:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he means to say that Nervous' story is the most plausible of them all. Which is true, considering the bizarre things that happen in Sims 2.

He also seems to believe that Nervous is programmed differently somehow. That said, I recall that the 'fairy' characters in Veronaville used to move really fast. Was that a special code or did my eyes deceive me?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 29, 23:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either your eyes deceived me, or you got hit by this odd bug I get every once in awhile. I have sims who will run everywhere for days, especially right after turning into a child. It doesn't happen very much.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 29, 23:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't speak for the fairies, but I've just got done on a Strangetown rotation. Nervous:

1. Rolled no wants whatsoever with regards Olive Specter, with whom he has recently been reunited (and by 'recently' I of course mean 'on this very day, on another lot');
2. Peed himself while standing in a bathroom;
3. Showed a marked preference for the bin over the fridge;
4. Showed a marked preference for Loki's bed over his own.

Specially programmed? Perhaps, but only if he's secretly a nanny.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 30, 03:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These File is in Connection with the Main Character File of Nervous i think
Thats the Speciality..
The Sim ( Nervous) reacts a bit more real as other Sims, i have noticed.
It malkes Selfstanding Actions over a long Time, without an Order from the Player.
Then special Emotion Phases and Mimiks a have noticed..
It is special programmed  i think.
Wiithout this File or Hack the Nervous do nearly the Same as other Sim..  but here a little more different.

Selfstanding actions without orders - that sounds like free will. Do you usually play with free will off? Maybe it's turned on on this lot and off on others you're playing. also he's in aspiration failure usually IIRC, if you play avoiding fears you'll not see the aspiration failure animations, that could be the "special emotion phases".

INFP or something
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 30, 18:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nervous was always deleted when I first started playing because I can't stand sloppy Sims or grotesque ones either.  Now that I can fixed it, it amuses me when I visit him for the first time and he has maxed out neatness(due to Olive's macro encourage) and you can't stop him from raiding the fridge.  You have to let him do it or it will pile up for days.  I have to give them plastic surgery or I can't play them. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 30, 19:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Nervous married Stella the alien -- they have, umm, 'interesting' kids.  Actually their girl looks like Stella, so she's not bad, but the two boys got more of Nervous' looks.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 30, 20:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

children taken by the social worker have no memories of their former lives, and family.  All ties were broken.  I don't think nervous was taken by the social worker as he knows who his mum is.  Maybe his brother/sister was taken by the social worker?  An interesting theory that he may have been adopted, as he has no father in his family tree.

May all your fears & worries come true.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 30, 21:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you check him in SimPe, I believe it turns out that he's the son of the Grim Reaper and Olive.  Probably explains why his genetics are so borked.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 01, 08:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nervous has no family or genetic connection to Grimmie, but Olive's only memory of woohoo is with him, and shortly after that Nervous was born. EAxis just set up that clever little thing in her memories. Nervous is supposed to be adopted by the Beakers, but like always, EAxis doesn't play by the rules. He wasn't adopted through ingame measures, he was just put there.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 01, 12:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's only because Grimmie doesn't have any genetics. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print