More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:17:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What is NREF (Name Reference) and CREG (Content Registry) in object files?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What is NREF (Name Reference) and CREG (Content Registry) in object files?  (Read 2405 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
What is NREF (Name Reference) and CREG (Content Registry) in object files?
« on: 2008 March 29, 08:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While browsing through preorder objects in SimPE, I noticed that official EAxis objects have CREG (Content Registry), which does not exist in custom objects. Instead, they are missing NREF (Name Reference), which can always be found in custom objects cloned by SimPE.

What are the functions of NREF and CREG then? CREG looks like an unnecessary resource. Can I delete CREG safely from EAxian objects?

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: What is NREF (Name Reference) and CREG (Content Registry) in object files?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 29, 08:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've deleted NREF from my work at random and that doesn't seem to make any difference either.  The few people who have attempted to explain to me what it's for have spouted random meaningless gobbledygook at me (well at least that's how it sounds to me)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What is NREF (Name Reference) and CREG (Content Registry) in object files?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 29, 08:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, NREF appears in Error logs as "in XXXX" when a BHAV stack passes through. Other than that, its functionality is unknown.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: