More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:33:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  rich sims not rich...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: rich sims not rich...  (Read 6286 times)
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
rich sims not rich...
« on: 2008 March 28, 18:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am assuming that I have a hack that does more than advertised (or I noticed)

I have a sim who wanted to marry a rich sim, so I had her ask her current boyfriend (garden club, old guy) how much money he had and he came up with the $$$ sign, which I took to mean there was a good shot he'd fufill the want, yet he ended up having only $1 which I know I had seen before, but hadn't thought anything of it really, I just thought it was a broke townie...

I have pretty thorough lists of what each hack I have installed does, and none of them say it does that... and most don't have anything to do with the money. The only hacks I have that directly affect the money come from here (or maybe TwoJeffs) and I know that there are a bunch here that make the game harder by reducing money in various ways... Does anyone know which it is/might be?
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: rich sims not rich...
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 28, 19:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there some problem with NPC's where if you marry or move them in some other way they don't actually come with the money they're supposed to have and instead only have 1 simoleon? I'm sure I heard about this ages ago, I also think I might have read somewhere that the amount they were supposed to come with was 2000 simoleons, although how this relates to what shows up when you ask a sim how rich he or she is I've no idea as I've never bothered to use this option.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 28, 22:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One way to find out for certain how many simoleons a townie or npc has is to use testingcheatsenabled ,and then shift click to spawn the tombstone of L&D and make the prospective sim selectable.
While The sim is selectable it will state how many simoleons are in the sims family or household.

The problem with townies and downtownies is that the households are huge, thus the division of simoleons when one joins another household tends to be really skimpy.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 28, 22:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that townies each had their own seperate funds account. Depending on what "Tier" they are in determines the amount of money they bring in when they get married.

Townies have bottomless pockets, that why they make good business customers. They never run out of money. You could dazzle-sell absurdly priced items to the Slob multiple times and they'll still be able to afford it.

Sooo... quit making things up.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 28, 22:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a bug where a townie from a different sub-hood moving in effectively lost everything? I seem to remember coming across something like this a long, long time ago when Malcolm Landgraab moved across to my Strangetown. It might be the same thing causing your problem.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 29, 20:42:09 by eevilcat » Logged

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 28, 22:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that ages ago when I was playing the legacy challenge I married someone (Can't remember if it was an NPC or townie) and the popup said they had brough $1000, but they brought nothing. This would have been a vanilla game with no EPs except for uni.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 28, 23:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks.

I am not so concerned with this guy's money, but I was concerned that it might be an issue with all move-ins/marriages.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 29, 00:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that townies each had their own seperate funds account. Depending on what "Tier" they are in determines the amount of money they bring in when they get married.

Townies have bottomless pockets, that why they make good business customers. They never run out of money. You could dazzle-sell absurdly priced items to the Slob multiple times and they'll still be able to afford it.

I was not making anything up, but rather using the experience I have had with my game. Perhaps it might behoove you to remember that each individual has different quirks in their games and gaming style.
Secondly, I do not give a rat's ass what type of customers townies make since I do not put my Sims in business for themselves, nor do my Sims have home based business's.
The next time you decide to call me or anyone else a liar you would do well to remember that no one plays the game the same way and consequently how much or how little a Sim brings into a household through marriage or move in does differ.

EAxis intended for gameplay to be unique for each person, I am quite certain your style of play has little or no resemblance to my style of play.
My sims wouldn't be caught dead with tattoo's,your sim on the other hand has a tattoo.Need I say more about individual preferences and style? Roll Eyes

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 29, 10:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't there a bug where a townie from a different sub-hood moving in effectively lost everything? I seem to remember coming across something like this a long, long time ago when Malcoim Landgraab moved across to my Strangetown. It might be the same thing causing your problem.
I had the same when I moved Daniel Pleasant in with his lover in my custom downtown hood. Daniel brought only the cash (§258), though he'd kicked out Mary-Sue and sent the twins to college first. I had to sell all the crap and knock down the house to get the money. Now all that's left on the former Pleasant lot is a newspaper Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 29, 12:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's known that townies and NPCs lie when asked the money question if the relationship score between them and the asking Sim is not high enough. Just another useless attempt at making the game more like real life.

ISTP
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 29, 15:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they lie??? odd... but their relationship was maxed out... I just know that the last time I had a sim marry a townie they came with stuff and $ and I didn't have anything in the game as I hadn't grabbed the new versions for the FT yet. I think I will play a house I don't care about and do some tests with things the way I like just to make sure it's the NPC thing and not something I can fix by taking out something.

Thanks for pointing me in a direction that sounds helpful.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 29, 19:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was not making anything up, but rather using the experience I have had with my game. Perhaps it might behoove you to remember that each individual has different quirks in their games and gaming style.
Secondly, I do not give a rat's ass what type of customers townies make since I do not put my Sims in business for themselves, nor do my Sims have home based business's.
The next time you decide to call me or anyone else a liar you would do well to remember that no one plays the game the same way and consequently how much or how little a Sim brings into a household through marriage or move in does differ.

EAxis intended for gameplay to be unique for each person, I am quite certain your style of play has little or no resemblance to my style of play.
My sims wouldn't be caught dead with tattoo's,your sim on the other hand has a tattoo.Need I say more about individual preferences and style? Roll Eyes

Hah, funnily enough, I never play my sim with my tattoo either. I just made the sim that way since I have one. MOAR accurate and whatnot.

Also, I find it hard to believe that different playing style affects how the game figures out how much to give the townie when they move in with playables. It makes NO sense to claim that. The game has set amounts for how much they give each townie "tier." They don't split the "townie funds" because there is NONE.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 30, 09:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's known that townies and NPCs lie when asked the money question if the relationship score between them and the asking Sim is not high enough.
"It's known" as a fact or as in "it's known that sims with high logic skill are more likely to be abducted"?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: