More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:37:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - No Longer Available
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - No Longer Available  (Read 57745 times)
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted For Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime)
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 02, 14:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes is fun but more that is useful, before the update i use two computers the original for ft stuff and the monique`s for monique stuff now again only use one.

i dont use all features someone i think are like cheating, i use the private school, Pescado make fiirst the "privateschoolfixes" but i like more the moniquè`s start paying $300 and if grades are high pay only $100. The bank stuff is great too, i use in minor way work in home

well i dont say more my english Ħs very limited and i dont found words for say i want say, i am a lurker for long time and almost no post for this.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted For Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime)
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 02, 14:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, edespino. Thanks for your comments. Smiley

What did you do with the "write novel" option?

Monique's Cheap Computer's original version of Write Novel wasn't using the new features FT brought to Write Novel. Hers didn't bring up the options to choose the plot elements and book cover for the new novel, and when the novel was finished, the option to name the book and complete the book description wasn't coming up. So the original Write Novel option was replaced with the new FT Write Novel option to allow people to choose plot elements and bookcovers for their new books on top of naming and describing them.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - New Version Available
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 02, 23:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaavik, thanks to you for updating this. Your update keeps the features I actually used from Monique's computer and missed terribly when it wasn't supported by her anymore. I haven't played with everything on it yet, but I'm glad to see my bill notification is back!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 03, 02:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaavik, thanks to you for updating this. Your update keeps the features I actually used from Monique's computer and missed terribly when it wasn't supported by her anymore. I haven't played with everything on it yet, but I'm glad to see my bill notification is back!

Thank you. I liked most of the features on her computer and actually used most of them for a variety of things like having my lazy sims make other sims write stories for them and so on. Wink

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 03, 12:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks you soooo much for updating this. This is one of the must have's for my game.  Kiss  Grin
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 04, 02:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for updating this, Chaavik. I also appreciate it. Any chances that you'll also be updating the Sunair light computer and/or Little Sister versions? This one can be a little large for some decor, that's all. Anyway, thanks either way and thanks once again for this much-needed update.  Grin

Lily

I can only please one person per day.
Today just isn't your day.
Tomorrow's not looking so good, either.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 04, 04:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Chaavik.
One of MATY(Jsalemi ) noticed missing pie menu option under Real Estate/Sell Owned Lot.
I've checked Monique's original BV version and this pie menu option and string is not exist.So,this option was missed by Monique.
Since your version  is BV based I think that you missed it too.Obviously you need to check it.
Good luck.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 04, 04:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Chaavik.
One of MATY(Jsalemi ) noticed missing pie menu option under Real Estate/Sell Owned Lot.
I've checked Monique's original BV version and this pie menu option and string is not exist.So,this option was missed by Monique.
Since your version  is BV based I think that you missed it too.Obviously you need to check it.
Good luck.

Okay, thank you, Alexx. I will load my game up and check that out. Be back to post anything I find with this new issue.

**Confirmed**

The issue will be addressed in a minor fix tomorrow (or later today since it is after midnight for me). Thank you, Alexx!
« Last Edit: 2008 April 04, 06:02:14 by Chaavik » Logged

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 04, 06:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for updating this, Chaavik. I also appreciate it. Any chances that you'll also be updating the Sunair light computer and/or Little Sister versions? This one can be a little large for some decor, that's all. Anyway, thanks either way and thanks once again for this much-needed update.  Grin

I'm still thinking about whether to update that one or not. Honestly, I am not going to update the Sunair Light version because that computer is someone else's creation that Monique worked on. I don't know where the original Sunair Light computer was uploaded to. And whether the original creator is still around or not to give permission for his/her work to be re-distributed.

But I definitely will think about updating that one.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 04, 07:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki made a laptop at one point, I wonder if that could be adapted? Or maybe it's too old now.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 04, 15:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still thinking about whether to update that one or not. Honestly, I am not going to update the Sunair Light version because that computer is someone else's creation that Monique worked on. I don't know where the original Sunair Light computer was uploaded to. And whether the original creator is still around or not to give permission for his/her work to be re-distributed.

But I definitely will think about updating that one.

Thanks for responding to my inquiry, Chaavik. I appreciate it. I'm glad that you are considering updating to a less bulky computer. It would be so easy if EAxis had at least created a laptop or something else that isn't so damned bulky. I will be grateful for any less-cumbersome computer being converted to the your version of Monique's computer. However, if you do decide to do the Sunair system, it can be found here: http://sunairsims.enorth.com.cn/, you can find it in the "Theme" section, on page 2. The site is a bloody nuisance to navigate, to say the least but I know she can be contacted at TSR as she is a featured artist there. Anyway, thanks once again for the work you put into this. Smiley

Lily

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 04, 18:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki made a laptop at one point, I wonder if that could be adapted? Or maybe it's too old now.

I did recall seeing a laptop like that somewhere and used it for awhile until I bought Seasons, and I promptly forgot where I got it from. Probably a bit too old to be used. Alot of these great Sims 2 sites have gone under, so many good stuff have either been lost or moved and/or discontinued.

Lily White, I will try working on the laptop-wannabe later and see how it works in FreeTime. I didn't like working with laptops because something funky can always happen with that object.

About the Sunair Light version, I did state I wouldn't update it, but if people want it, I will try to see if I can do that one. If not, I will comment something about this version. Just not sure if the original creator will like having her computer re-distributed elsewhere.

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - New Fixed/Final Version Available
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 05, 11:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Chaavik for your work
Can we hope for the  Little sister update?
And for the teen style stuff computer?

I am working on the Little Sister (Expensive Computer) version, but I am not sure when I will release it, Damon. Keep an eye out for this one. And no, I'm only updating Monique's Cheap and Expensive Computer versions.

I am looking into this Sunair Light version, but I won't get around to doing anything with that one until I finish working on the Expensive Computer version.

I'm sorry about not planning anything with the Teen Style computer although it looked cool.

By the way, thank you for the link, Lily Whyte!

Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - New Fixed/Final Version Availa
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 05, 12:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, thank you for the link, Lily Whyte!
You are very welcome, Chaavik. Smiley Thanks so much for starting work on the expensive computer. It is appreciated as all your work on this hack has been. Cheesy

Lily

userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - New Fixed/Final Version Availa
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 29, 23:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the good work & updating this. Have a problem & a question. Can't purchase the love potion or cologne from the shop online Gypsy. It keeps canceling out,I did manage to get a cologne purchase once,no love potion yet.I've used a conflict utility to check compatibility with other hacks in my downloads folder,nothing shows up as a problem.

I've patched my game with the latest patch that was released & removed because of installations issues by EA,installed fine for me though.

Now the question..do loans or deposits accumulate interest in your bank online?
                                                                                                                  Thanks
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 29, 23:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now the question..do loans or deposits accumulate interest in your bank online?
                                                                                                                  Thanks
Yes and yes.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Updated Monique's Cheap Computer (FreeTime) - New Fixed/Final Version Available
« Reply #41 on: 2008 May 16, 17:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Chaavik, great work. I missed and now read "Fixed (3-29-08):Removed the autonomy from studying badges on both home and business lots. Visitors (unless they're employees directed to study badges by your Sim managers) should not autonomously study badges on both types of lots." I actually like the autonomy for studying badges, residents and visitors (Vocational education comes in mind). Better yet, it will be great if it can be set on and off, much like Monique's Write Article, day/night on/off. Can it be done? Please please..... Tongue

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 May 21, 14:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a little FYI, in case anyone else had this problem with Novel Writing on your updated version of Monique's updated computer, or Alexx's for that matter (I tested both versions).

I had left in Pescado's novelprogress.package, because, ya know, I'm a dork, and it seems to conflict with both yours and Alexx's updated Monique computers when it came to novel writing.  Actually, it conflicted with Novel Writing on any computer in FT, hacked or not, but some folks may think that the problem lies with your computers, when it doesn't (at least, I did, at first, until I saw it happened on all computers in the game).  The novel progress hack is not in the FT Director's Cut, which is why I'm a dork, for not just replacing my Director's Cut folder.  Anyways, when I had the novelprogress.package in, whenever a Sim would write a novel, I wouldn't get the choices for storyline and cover, nor would the novel be delivered to their residence, and it took about 5 minutes real time (I guess that's about an hour Sim time?) to write.  When I took it out, the Novel Writing happened as it's meant to in FT.

And thank you for updating this, to both you and Alexx.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 May 21, 15:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Altered, novelprogress.package is discontinued, by Pescado's official words. So take it out.

altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 May 21, 23:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, yeah Lion...already covered that in my post.  Not in Director's Cut usually means "discontinued".  It's why I admitted being a dork, for leaving it in.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 May 22, 09:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autonomy and FreeTime didn't mix too well!  Grin

The reason why all of the versions for FreeTime (Cheap, Expensive, Laptop and Sunair Light) is because the Sims acted like they -have- to be on or by the computer all the time when there is another Sim using the computer. They threw hissy fits every time. It was time to stomp this silly behavior. So, autonomy was removed for sanity reasons. BUT I allowed only employees to study almost autonomously if they're told by their managers to go study a badge on the business lot. They're the only type of visitors allowed to interact with computers on those lots.

I saw no sense in allowing visitors to use computers on home and dorm lots. They stopped by to visit with my Sims, didn't they? And dorm lots typically have more than five Sims at a given time, so one computer and more than five Sims is a bad idea. Didn't need visitors jostling the dorm residents to use the computer.

Sorry for the lack of response here in a long while. I came round to check up on the thread and realize that there were new posts. Smiley

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 May 22, 15:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the lack of autonomy. I actually changed the catalog description to $1 cost as I didn't want them inflating property value for my 'hood's 10%/season property taxes, plus everyone needs a comp to transfer money to the mayor and take out loans. I completely hide the computer on my poorer lots (putting it in the foundation) but on the ones that could normally afford a computer, I'll keep it up for convenience and donate $1000 for what the normal cost of having a computer is.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 May 22, 16:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use autonomous writing articles for two reasons/scenarios. One is, I like my sims to gain skills on their own, even back in the days when I played Maxis careers. To me, it is like they "want" to learn the skills. Some sims will learn those skills and advance on their career, others are just "lazy" and stay on low level jobs. They can learn autonomously cooking, cleaning, creativity, body, and mechanical (very rarely when they would fix appliances on their own, do they still do that?) with objects, but there is no way for them to learn charisma, autonomously.  I also collected autonomous career reward objects (first by Squinge, and then by AncientHighway at Inteen) to prepare for appropriate businesses for the future.  I have neighborhood "colleges" where teens and YAs (if I manage to make them) come in and "study" skills, in addition to right classes. Now since the badges are added, I want to open vocational schools so that sims (they would be visitors, or "pupils" by way of Inge's student token) will come to study badges to prepare for their future employment.

The other is a news agency that I run. It is a home business (or owned community business, either way), when employees (reporters) arrive, they would be drawn to the computers that are set to be autonomous for writing articles (day on only) to write for the owner. I also open a separate "front office" where visitors are allowed to enter. they would sometimes be drawn to those computers to write too (not all the time, which is perfect). I take it that they have written stories and sold to the newspaper. The money generated by finished articles are added to the owner's fund, and I would have the owner mail half of that amount to the visitor-writers to be their payoff. Or sometimes I do it with the owner buying a sculpture of that amount and "give gifts" to the visitor-writers if he is around.

Anyway, maybe I can tweak the TTAB for autonomy. Is that how you do it, Chaavik? And are those write articles on/off options still in?

Sims acted like they -have- to be on or by the computer all the time when there is another Sim using the computer. They threw hissy fits every time.

Doesn't twojeffs have a fix for this in "computerfixes"? It does not help?

plus everyone needs a comp to transfer money to the mayor and take out loans.

I do these completely with the money order and monique's payer bills (at least for now because there is no computer for my hood, yet). My sims can only borrow money from other sims who have money. So no taking out loans from monique's computer (that comes from nowhere). And by the way, monique's payer bills loan function does not accrue interests every day, which I expected. It only adds the interest one time, when you borrow it. I need to find a way to fix this. Probably need to use monique's computer after all.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2008 May 22, 17:16:33 by Lion » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 May 22, 17:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do these completely with the money order and monique's payer bills (at least for now where there is no computer for my hood, yet). My sims can only borrow money from other sims who have money. So no taking out loans from monique's computer (that comes from nowhere). And by the way, monique's payer bills loan function does not accrue interests every day, which I expected. It only adds the interest one time, when you borrow it. I need to find a way to fix this. Need to use monique's computer after all.  Roll Eyes
I don't mind that the money comes from nowhere. It's going to be paid back, afterall. In my 'hood, everyone has access to a mainland bank for loans, but not for deposits. The bank won't provide that level of service for a function that doesn't gain them money. Not until a bank branch is built on the island, which could be never with my randomization scheme, do the riffraff get interest on their earnings. Only the mayor can have a savings account, and that is only used for community funds. Tax payments are too fluid to do an automatic payment for. Most of the households are around the $3k/season mark, but one is around $8k/season and a couple are around $5k/season. But if they remodel in the middle of a rotation, their taxes are going to change. My sims get a few breaks...land is free (kaching), so they can buy whatever size lot they want wherever they want and don't have to worry about the cost, though as things are filling up they are restricted by what's open. They don't have to pay property taxes until the end of the first full season they've lived in their home. Sims who moved in on the first day or second day of the season do really well from the beginning, while those who move in on the fifth day are going to get hit before they have too many promotions (if they do get multiple promotions, I roll for career level).

My full-service massage parlor lot is a good example of keeping sims down and what they shouldn't be doing yet...it's a 2x2 lot where the house and biz takes up almost every available square (excepting a small walkway). Two stories, extravagantly decorated, and valued at a property value of a bit over 62k. Bonnie has the ticket massage & tickle biz going 24/7 at a rate of $20/hr and level 10. Shelbie is some low-level in the Adventure career and her husband Julius is a Senior Officer in the military. Four kids amongst the three of them are in private school, paying about $200-$300/day each. Property taxes are $6,200/season as the house is done being decorated. Mortgage is finally paid off, but they are bleeding money. Pretty soon, Bonnie's going to have to turn the whoring up and the kids are going to all have to get teen jobs.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 May 22, 18:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the tax, I plan to have, when a community council type of self-governing organization forms in my jungle hood. Right now they are doing relatively fine each on their own, although the production center boss does act like a "mayor"  Roll Eyes. She hires (used to hire) all the seven other survivors to dig, build (crafting benches), sew, and grow vegies. No new lots are opened or built, or furnitures bought, unless there are enough building materials (crafts) available. The treasure boxes that are digged up are the source for currency, which are channelled to everyone through wages.

Anyhow, in the past that I comtemplated and did implement the taxation system, I found it hard to gorge the family value if a business is involved. The business grows in value very quickly when it obtains stars (which is not really what the owner would have gotten back when the business is liquidated because the new owner will not enjoy the same draw, although in the game, they do). I also planned for different taxation rates for residence and business. But again, owning businesses complicates things. When I used the payer bills to pay tax, I set it for weekly, and changed the payment amount based on the family (and business value if applicable) value at the midnight of the tax day (payer bills are paid at 3 am). So my question for you Zazazu is, what's your system?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: