More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:00:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Errors in Controller - Temperature Receptivity.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Errors in Controller - Temperature Receptivity.  (Read 2753 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Errors in Controller - Temperature Receptivity.
« on: 2008 March 24, 04:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This appears to be part of the same problem I posted about the other day here.

I'm playing the merged neighbourhood (PV + shopping districts Strangetown, Veronaville, Bluewater, Riverblossom and Desiderata) posted by Hysterical Paroxysm, as stated in my previous post.

When loading a lot I haven't played previously (although it doesn't happen with every lot, nor does it happen with every sim on the lots where it does happen), I get a repeated error on the Controller - Temperature Receptivity.  If I reset the multiple errors I can get into the lot.  The errors continue, until I can pause the game, place a wardrobe close to the sim who is erroring and tell them to change into everyday (even though they look like they are wearing everyday).  Several more errors to be reset while the sim takes two steps to the wardrobe and finally manages to change, and the problem is resolved for the lot in question.  As an example, I just got 90 of these errors while loading a lot that I'd just placed Ajay Loner in, starting during the loading screen and continuing up until the time I could change him into everyday.

Once in the lot I can easily tell which sim is erroring and needs to change, by placing a BUY toilet paper and the macrotastics box.  If I mouse over the macrotastics box while the erroring sim is selected, I'll get a crappy GUID error.  If there's no error when I mouse over the macrotastics box, then the currently selected sim is not the one who needs to change clothes.

Part of my problem is that I stuffed up several lots, before I read another thread here that changing their clothes solves the problem.  On those lots, when they were loading, I clicked "delete" after the error kept recurring during the loading screen.  I note that sims on those lots now have their temperature set permanently at 40, and their temperature doesn't drop (although the lot debugger is saying it should be dropping).

So I have a few questions:
- what is causing this error?  How can I prevent it from occurring in the future lots?
- I note that the other person with a similar problem (as mentioned in my previous post) was playing a merged hood they had made themselves.  Is this a glitch specific to merged hoods?
- How can I replace the temperature controller (or whatever it was I deleted) on the lots where it is missing?  Will it replace itself if I move the family out, edit the lot in build mode, and then move the family back in?  Or should I just move them to another lot?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2008 March 24, 04:12:16 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: