More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:59:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This is why EAxis sims should never breed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This is why EAxis sims should never breed  (Read 15487 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
This is why EAxis sims should never breed
« on: 2008 March 23, 04:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an almost completely non-Maxis 'hood. The only exceptions are my uni students, who I figured I didn't really care about as I barely see them. Bad decision. Daphne decided, uncharacteristically, that she wanted to play the first kiss/date game, so I let her and just did it with the guy who glowed the most on scope. What did I care? She's Knowledge and shy. She won't want to get married. She's destined for the probe. Not so much. She rolls the want to get engaged to him. Gah. Under the rules I'm playing under, a sim only gets engaged/married if they roll the want, and if they do roll the want it's a must-fulfill. But before this has stopped at engagement, so I figure it's possible she won't ever roll the want to get married. Wrong again.

Fine. We have our parents:

Daphne is the pretty alien, obviously. Not my best-looking sim currently, but she doesn't exactly make you want to gag, unlike her choice of mate. They get it on. There are chimes. There is a birth...a double birth, in this lovely tiny barn they already share with four cats. As toddlers the children (an alien and a human) look pretty normal. Normal, that is, until I peeked at the end result. Drumroll please....

I know, it could have been worse. However, I would suggest, for your own sanity, that if you have this particular EAxis sim, you do not let him breed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: This is why EAxis sims should never breed
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 23, 04:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that kind of thing is why I am no good with setting up those sorts of rules - I cannot stick to them.  I would have taken one look at him and arranged a tragic fire, or 'random' satellite drop. 
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 23, 04:15:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen that guy before, but I don't see what's wrong with the spawn. Those sims have character. I wish my sims looks half as neat as the guy on the left. The weirdest thing that happened to my sims genetically is that one sim had such thin cheeks that her teeth stuck out the side of her face all day.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 23, 04:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen that guy before, but I don't see what's wrong with the spawn. Those sims have character. I wish my sims looks half as neat as the guy on the left. The weirdest thing that happened to my sims genetically is that one sim had such thin cheeks that her teeth stuck out the side of her face all day.

Yes, I know! I took one look at the male spawn and thought he was adorable, in that warm, big brother bear sort of way.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 23, 04:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I don't like killing sims, but I would definitely arrange for an appointment with the Plastic Surgery machine.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 23, 04:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see much wrong with the female, although I would change her hair to something that stays away from her eyebrows.  The male is a little weird looking, admittedly, but that gives him character.  Faizah would probably use that male as her new default PT if he was born in her game, she likes "unusual" noses on her sims and updates her PT when a sim with a more "unusual" nose is born into her game.

I have no objection to distinctive looking sims in my game, I prefer them to sims who look like they could grace the cover of a fashion magazine.  They feel more "real" to me than the perfect looking sims.

The ugliest sims I ever had born in game - apart from Nervous Subject's offspring, which was to be expected - were twins born to Jodie Larson and Malcolm Landgraab.  The twins (a girl and a boy) were both ugly in different ways.  If you don't want fug in your game, never ever let those two pre-mades breed with each other.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 23, 05:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the girl's genetics, she has scowly eyebrows Pescado would be proud of! I see what you mean about the boy's nose though-slightly on the large size Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 23, 05:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evelyn (the girl) doesn't bother me too much. I'll probably tweak the eyebrows just a bit with the plastic surgery machine, because in certain facial expressions her eyes kind of crinkle in the middle. The scowl was due to a stinky cat situation. Elan (the boy)...I dunno. I actually think it's the chin/mouth combo that bothers me about him. I do not understand where that mouth came from. I have face blend limits off. My only guess is that it's from his alien great-grandpa, but that seems a stretch. His nose is bad, but really only from the side. Selective camera angles.

As for the hubby, Keith...I suspect he'll meet with an accident soon.  Lips sealed If anything, the house (bottom floor about 10x10, top floor 6x6) is just too full and four sims to one bathroom isn't a good ratio. I have enough drama with the cats without adding in public peeing. I just need to keep him around at least until the twins are children as Daphne works (rolled to fulfill a career-oriented LTW) and I don't like using the nanny. These are the 2nd and 3rd children of the 5th generation, and so far I've only used a nanny for one day.

But yes, I'm a pretty-sim snob. 1st child of the 5th generation is so cute I take about ten pictures of him a day. He has a bit of a long forehead, but bangs hide it well. Huge green eyes, dusky skin, pouty mouth, and pointy ears from his alien side.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 23, 06:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Evelyn looks fine to me. Elan on the other hand, does have a rather disproportionate nose.

I don't play my hoods where every sim has to be pretty, but if I think two sims will produce ugly spwan, than I just don't let them breed. Once I let two sims, who I thought were extrememly good looking, breed and their first and only spawn turned out looking like a blonde, anorexic ape. Needless to say, she got married and her and her husband adopted.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 23, 15:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Face template replacements FTW.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 23, 15:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue

another BAD combination is nervous subject and loki beaker.  (yeah, i know that in real life two guys would never have genetic spawn with each other, but i'm twisted that way).

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 23, 15:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, really -- I haven't seen those fugly EAxis defaut faces in like, forever.  Ever since I started using face replacements.  Hmm, yours, in fact.  Grin

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 23, 16:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience is face template replacements do not affect uni characters, nor Downtownies. No?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 23, 16:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't affect *any* characters that were created before they're installed, but once they're in, with a clean/empty template, it's easy to spawn a batch of dormies, downtownies, etc., that can still have a range of facial structures and looks without being subjected to those poor two-ton-jaw buggers whose spawn would be guaranteed to be saddled with faces that are just ridiculously out of proportion.

I've been so much happier with my game since I started using a set of templates I made a couple months ago. They're far from perfect, but on the whole they're *proportionate* to each other, which means that even if I don't love a certain sim's look, they're not going to be automatically out of the running just because I don't want to subject 4 generations of sim-spawn to Benjamin Long's nose or whatever.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 23, 16:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've made over that particular dormie too.  I have a shop on campus called "The Ugly Stick" with a plastic surgery machine, mirrors, and a townie maker gun (for new clothes) and I've pretty much taken care of all the EAxis uglies at this point.  And then I make the surgery genetic so they don't pass on fugliness to their spawn.  I don't want them all looking pretty or anything, I just don't want them to be freaks.

Your girl's not bad looking, save for those eyebrows. 

Do you always age them up right away to take a peek at what they'll look like?  I never thought about doing that, but I guess if they turned out looking like a train-wreck, you could quit without saving and let the birth play again and get a different kid.  Interesting.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 23, 16:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience is face template replacements do not affect uni characters, nor Downtownies. No?

No, they don't affect existing characters, UNLESS you do some type of facial surgery on them, using the face surgery station (comes with the acting career, I think, and also spawnable), or something like Insim to alter them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 23, 18:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are correct. I'm the face template queen. I have five sets that I switch around every generation. Doesn't affect downtownies (which I don't have...Vista View is actually a shopping district) or the automatic Uni students. I usually don't worry about the Uni students as I don't see them much (only about half my sims go to college, some drop out, depending on what I roll for them). Needless to say, nodormieregen is getting added to my cocktail.
Do you always age them up right away to take a peek at what they'll look like?  I never thought about doing that, but I guess if they turned out looking like a train-wreck, you could quit without saving and let the birth play again and get a different kid.  Interesting.
I try not to, but usually I do. I save after the birth, though, and don't age and peek until they are toddlers, so I'm stuck with what I have. I do save before births, so just in case she would have spawned quadruplets (which really, really would not have worked in this house) I could replay and get a lower number.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 23, 18:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My downtownies seem to generate from some kind of template that no one has been able to help me find and stompinate, but townies and dormies generate using face templates just fine in my game.  For the record: there are no character files anywhere in any of my game folders.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 23, 19:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do save before births, so just in case she would have spawned quadruplets (which really, really would not have worked in this house) I could replay and get a lower number.

Zazazu, the new TJ director cut lets you select "random", "maxis original", or "pick a number" at birth.  Wink

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 23, 19:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unique is one thing. Freakishly inhuman is another. You would never see a nose like that on an actual person unless they'd been in some sort of horrible accident. It doesn't seem to fit on his face.

aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 23, 21:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue
another BAD combination is nervous subject and loki beaker.  (yeah, i know that in real life two guys would never have genetic spawn with each other, but i'm twisted that way).

oh, give me hope. circe and nervous are both pregnant from loki. i guess it was rather unfortunate for me that nervous and loki had better chemistry than circe and loki. oh well, gives them character.  Cheesy

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 23, 22:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do save before births, so just in case she would have spawned quadruplets (which really, really would not have worked in this house) I could replay and get a lower number.

Zazazu, the new TJ director cut lets you select "random", "maxis original", or "pick a number" at birth.  Wink
Trips/quads has always allowed that, unless you use the Random Only option, which is what I prefer.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 24, 09:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue

oh, give me hope. circe and nervous are both pregnant from loki. i guess it was rather unfortunate for me that nervous and loki had better chemistry than circe and loki. oh well, gives them character.  Cheesy

Nervous and Circe had a child in my game and she isn't exactly beautiful. She inherited Nervous' eyes, although if I remember correctly they are not dominant. But if you kept Loki in his original state (I changed his brows), the child would not have much of an alternative, the weirdest outcome I could imagine would be Loki's brows with Nervous' eyes.

I have to admit that I would have never let the above dormie breed with anyone. It is one of the ugliest face templates in the entire game and I think the son was lucky not to inherit the mouth of his father, his profile is bad enough. You don't have to follow any folly of your sims, especially since Daphne could have rolled a want to get engaged to somebody else only days later, shy knowledge sim or not.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 24, 14:52:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do, though. It's my own rule set, which keeps things different (combination of rolling for things and watching for certain wants). I had hoped that, since the founder was knowledge and never wanted to do any romantic actions, and since the 2nd gen was Pleasure twins, one of which wanted to get engaged but never rolled the want to marry and the other of which just wanted to stay in the hot tub all day until she was thoroughly pruney, that she wouldn't want to be married and that she'd fall to the probe. The other two kids of the generation were Family (that's a given for marriage) and Fortune (50/50, but he found a 3-bolter and it was assured from there). I'm losing my alien genes slowly. I was at 80% alien up until Gen 4 started growing into adults. Now I'm at 50%.

Anyways, my issue is not so much that she chose to breed, or even really her choice of partner. Curve balls are what I want, and she did give me one alien child. My issue is that his genetics were inevitable. A check in SimPE verifies that basically every facial feature with him is marked as dominant, and the only thing that kept the kids from being his clones is that Daphne has quite a few dominants herself.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 27, 21:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't look that bad to me, actually. Especially for the father who sired them. Sure, the son has a freakish nose, but the rest isn't THAT bad. Same with the girl. She's actually pretty, IMO.

I guess I'm getting more forgiving of unique genetics from my sims. I'm still a bit concerned about weird genetics, but.. feh. I've seen some really interesting looking sims come out of unexpected unions.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: