More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:04:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Family won't age
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family won't age  (Read 4207 times)
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Family won't age
« on: 2008 March 29, 22:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. So I finally decided to play the Grunt family, only to find out that they won't age. I've tried turning aging on and off, still nothing. I moved them to another lot, and nothing. I keep getting these messages at 6 about how the father will grow up/turn to elder in one day, which is just not the case (he is 15 days from elderhood). After I used the InSimenator to grow his sons up, I get the same message about them. Other families appear to be fine and aging normally.

I'm not sure if I ever put aging off in this family, either, as it's been a while since I played them.

ETA: Moved the oldest son out and in with some other sims. They're aging normally, he's still not.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 29, 23:17:34 by Jadis » Logged

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Family won't age
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 29, 23:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have inteen spawn his biological clock and that should fix the false growing up messages (I don't know about the daily aging).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Jadis
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 29, 23:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! That got rid of the messages, and they're aging normally now, it seems (the father is now 14 days from elderhood). Thank you!

Tests say I'm INFP. I feel that ISFP describes what I act like more accurately than INFP, though. But both descriptions are pretty covering, so take your pick, or combine them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 30, 05:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had this problem with the Grunts, but then, I don't have Inteen, so it may be that it's an Inteen problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 30, 06:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it it's a combination of inteen and bad genetics (ie EA left them incomplete).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 30, 10:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a single sim in Strangetown who isn't borked?  Last time I played Strangetown I spent hours in SimPE putting right as much as I could, but I'm pretty sure I missed a whole lot of stuff.  You end up with double vision after a while.....

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 30, 10:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 30, 11:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We know!  And some of us care about the kittens!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 30, 11:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a single sim in Strangetown who isn't borked?  Last time I played Strangetown I spent hours in SimPE putting right as much as I could, but I'm pretty sure I missed a whole lot of stuff.  You end up with double vision after a while.....

Why do all that work, when there's a fixed version here in Peasantry? 

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 30, 14:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I didn't have this PC up and running and was playing on my laptop while I saved up for it, and I didn't bother for ages with the internet since I had to turn just about everything off in msconfig in order to play, and just couldn't be bothered to keep enabling everything and then disabling everything yet again!  And I only started playing Strangetown after the laptop decided Veronaville was getting too big to handle.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: