More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:08:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Holy Palm Trees, Batman!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holy Palm Trees, Batman!  (Read 6320 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Holy Palm Trees, Batman!
« on: 2008 March 08, 19:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Augh. I forgot how stupid this was. Today I kind of borked one of my older neighborhoods, so I extracted the sims and went to make a new one. I had the cleaned up Pleasantview template so that it wouldn't be flooded with Townies, and I let the game make it. It made trees everywhere, and they are all these stupid palm trees. Every single one. I really don't want to have to delete all of them. Is there anyway to make the game generate a neighborhood without putting any trees? That would be great.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: Holy Palm Trees, Batman!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 09, 00:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, Simsbaby, say hello to Josh from me.
I dunno how to fix that - are those game default palms? - but the picture really amused me.
Unfortunally you will get the hood decor that is coded to appear at the hood, I dunno if is possible to hexedit the hood to make it disappear and in game the only solution is remove all of them manually.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 09, 07:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks like the Bluewater Template.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 09, 15:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey. Smiley
Yeah, it's Bluewater. I kind of fixed it, in a roundabout way. I imported the Bluewater.sc4 file into SimCity, then I deleted all the trees. After generating the neighborhood again there were no trees.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 09, 23:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yay! Cheesy

I remember you fixed Bluewater for me ages ago, that's how I knew which terrain it was. Have you used the neighbourhood terrain cheat yet? Pretty nifty.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 10, 16:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't really installed Freetime yet. Too many hacks to update and I don't really care for it much after trying it on another computer. Maybe when it's patched. Sad

CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 10, 22:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had that happen, as well.

I started a blank neighborhood with the Desiderata terrain as the base, then used Bluewater for a custom downtown. Upon loading Bluewater for the first time, it was covered in wall-to-wall pine trees and stumps. I easily deleted 1,000 stumps and 5,000 individual little pine trees. Stupid terrain didn't even have the decency to make them less-time-consuming clumps. After the manual deletion, however, neither the trees nor stumps have come back. I've used Bluewater as a sub-hood before, and never had this happen until after installing FT. As in your snapshot, the game populated the terrain with decorations that weren't even in OFB, so I'm highly inclined to blame the bork on FT. Every other time I've used a Maxis terrain in any capacity, it's stripped of the decorations from the pre-made hoods.

The part that made me the maddest was that if I hadn't edited my camera sweep to .90 from the default .35, I never would've found half of those damn decorations. They went all the way to the terrain borders.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 11, 07:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first installed Downtown I used the 'Aridia' template to make a custom downtown. Those bright pink trees were everywhere! Sodding things. I haven't tried using that template again.

Just a little question...are all the trees spawned if you use either the Bluewater 'concrete' or 'desert' terrains? If not, it might be worth creating them as either one of those and changing the neighbourhood terrain to 'temperate' manually.

marvine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 11, 08:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen before BV with the Bluewater Village template, with the "dirt" terrain as well; I didn't try the other terrain types. On every attempt it came clustered with one kind of trees, not as fun as the palm trees though.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 11, 09:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tree type seems to be randomly assigned to a new hood. I've taken to create a new hood, look what trees had been generated and delete the hood agian if I don't like the flora. It's tedious, but not as tedious as deleting all trees manually.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 30, 09:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tree type seems to be randomly assigned to a new hood. I've taken to create a new hood, look what trees had been generated and delete the hood agian if I don't like the flora. It's tedious, but not as tedious as deleting all trees manually.

CTNutmegger http://modthesims2.com/member.php?u=19221 have a neat trick on how to remove all the neighborhood decorations at once.

In C: \Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\CANHObjects rename the catcanhobjects.bundle.package to catcanhobjects.bundle.off

(With EP´s installed, you should also rename the catcanhobjects.bundle.package in those folders; C: \Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 University, C: \Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife etc etc)

Start the game and load your hood ... the decorations should now be gone. Exit the game and rename the catcanhobjects.bundle.off back to catcanhobjects.bundle.package

All credits goes to CTNutmegger ... I´m just the messenger  Smiley

Rose
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: