More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:56:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why won't they shower?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why won't they shower?  (Read 18538 times)
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Why won't they shower?
« on: 2008 March 22, 06:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried doing a bunch of searches, but if this has been addressed I can't find it. So, here goes.

I've been trying to build a health club.  I'm thinking about having my Athletic Sim buy it and run it as a post-retirement business, but it's just a regular community lot for now. I put in a pool, some exercise machines, etc.

It all works pretty well except none of the visiting Sims will use the showers.  They work out until they go into Hygiene failure and then sprint off the lot.  I've tried calling them off the equipment before they hit failure, and they just wander around stinking.  I started out with the communal shower set up from University.  Then, in case they didn't like that, I put in separate rooms with the top end shower stall.  Nothing.

I know the showers work because a playable will use them when told to do so.  I can't recall if a playable ever used them autonomously.

I'm running on the OFB engine with NL and Uni installed.

Anybody know why the filthy little things won't hit the showers?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Why won't they shower?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 22, 07:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. I have same setup (except for OFB,) and I built a gym on a regular community lot once, but I don't recall ever seeing townies shower autonomously. I'm not even sure I've seen dormies shower in Maxis-built Uni gyms, only in dorms, and only if it's their dorm. Maybe they just won't.

I have one custom-built Uni dorm for my current neighborhood, so I'll check that out tomorrow and let you know if I can duplicate that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 22, 07:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's due to the way showering works. EAxis didn't want sims to autonomously go around showering at other people's houses, so visiting sims are disallowed in most specific cases from using the shower. If you make them selectable, you'll never see it, because the process of making them selectable short-circuits that part of the test. So basically, they will exercise until they become stinky, then leave.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 22, 07:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And even using BUY wont fix that?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 22, 08:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack called public plumbing that lets townie sims shower on community lots, I picked it up of MTS2.

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 22, 09:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's due to the way showering works. EAxis didn't want sims to autonomously go around showering at other people's houses, so visiting sims are disallowed in most specific cases from using the shower.

You'd think they'd vary the rules between residential and community lots for that sort of thing.  Of course, you'd think they'd do a lot of stuff they don't.

I know I've seen Sims visiting a residential lot hop in their hosts' showers once or twice. It's definitely not the norm, though.
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 22, 09:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack called public plumbing that lets townie sims shower on community lots, I picked it up of MTS2.

I'll have to check that out, thanks!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 22, 09:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beware the non-awesome!

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 22, 09:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've seen Sims visiting a residential lot hop in their hosts' showers once or twice. It's definitely not the norm, though.
They're allowed to do it if they think they've been invited to stay. This bit can be persistent or randomly get stuckset, but no, it's definitely not normal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 22, 10:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beware the non-awesome!
I've been using the public plumbing since Seasons, never had any conflicts with my other hacks or any issues. I'm very careful with my hacks.

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 22, 10:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had visitors shower on community lots, but you need a low enough bladder motive to lure them into a BUY controlled bathroom, as they won't decide to shower as a stand-alone action. That's why I have espresso bars on most of my comm lots, and no restaurant.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 22, 14:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, townies shower quite happily when they need to, on community lots.  I have OFBShowerBath.package by Squinge.  Not sure if that's what is making the difference or not, I had almost forgotten I had it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 22, 14:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's due to the way showering works. EAxis didn't want sims to autonomously go around showering at other people's houses, so visiting sims are disallowed in most specific cases from using the shower. If you make them selectable, you'll never see it, because the process of making them selectable short-circuits that part of the test. So basically, they will exercise until they become stinky, then leave.
Yeah, I remembered this was the case even for Sims 1, after I logged off for the evening. Arrrgh!

The "hack" involved is editing the object to make it usable by visitors. I use to do this to showers and beds in the old game, but I don't think I've ever done it in Sims 2. It's pretty simple, no BHAV editing involved, so public plumbing hacks from MTS2 should be pretty safe. It'd be pretty hard to screw up setting one constant.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 22, 16:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use dizzy's Bath Shower for Visitors hack, which allows visitors to take a shower/bath. It's similar to Squinge's hack, but it's still actively supported by dizzy.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 22, 16:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The main thing that puts me off downloading from Dizzy is that he tends to be quite cryptic and often I am not entirely sure what I'm getting or what I'm meant to do with it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 22, 16:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, townies shower quite happily when they need to, on community lots.  I have OFBShowerBath.package by Squinge.  Not sure if that's what is making the difference or not, I had almost forgotten I had it.

I saw somebody saying that OFBShowerBath.package is not good for FT (maybe in the abandoned hacks thread?), so I took it out. It's working for your FT game, Inge? Then I will put it back in. Although dizzy's might be better because he has done updating.

The main thing that puts me off downloading from Dizzy is that he tends to be quite cryptic and often I am not entirely sure what I'm getting or what I'm meant to do with it.

He has a readme or document wrapped among all the files in the .rar, if you missed that.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 22, 16:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I get Inge's point. What she means is that Dizzy likes to be mysterious, so his documentation insinuates that there is something more to his works than he is telling, but then refuses to say what it is. This is somewhat more vexing than documentation that is simply incomplete and I also consider this to be a major turn-off in considering what to install. At least with incomplete documentation, you figure the creator just skipped over the entire "documentation" thing and the undocumented features are thus generally a good, or at least benign, thing. Documented undocumented features, on the other hand, are just CREEPY. They go, "Yeah, there's a feature in there, but we're not telling you what it is."

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 22, 17:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw somebody saying that OFBShowerBath.package is not good for FT (maybe in the abandoned hacks thread?), so I took it out. It's working for your FT game, Inge? Then I will put it back in. Although dizzy's might be better because he has done updating.

I don't remember specifically doing so, but I tend to run unsupported hacks against a hackdiff list to see if anything has (or is meant to have) changed.  I suppose it looked clean to me.

He has a readme or document wrapped among all the files in the .rar, if you missed that.

Does he?  Even so (and this goes for Pescado too lol) I would like to have some idea of what's going on *before* go to the hassle of downloading and unrarring something Smiley

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 22, 17:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm completely confused.  I thought I had Squinges mod, but I have looked all over my downloads and can't find it or any other mod that enables community showering--but my Sims shower.  I have Squinges Morehygiene Communal Shower(all my community showers are of that type) I wonder if it also enables that type of shower on a Community lot.  If it doesn't then I'm a little scared to think that something is hiding in my downloads folder.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 22, 18:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use dizzy's Bath Shower for Visitors hack, which allows visitors to take a shower/bath. It's similar to Squinge's hack, but it's still actively supported by dizzy.
Thanks. Since he flounced I haven't kept up with him, and I was near adding snapdragons (which I avoid like the plague) to Dylan's Gym as he couldn't really get star levels with how quickly the townies petered out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 22, 19:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any idea who made this? I've been hunting, but apparently my google-fu has failed.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 22, 22:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it, but I don't think it is specifically to allow townies to shower autonomously on community lots. It might be a side-effect though.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 22, 23:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found it, but I don't think it is specifically to allow townies to shower autonomously on community lots. It might be a side-effect though.

Ugh, that's no good. I *want* sims to fuss over other people being in the bathroom.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 23, 02:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And even using BUY wont fix that?

Using BUY and BRY will fix that, when running an owned business.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3068/03222008223858uu9.jpg

In this setup, the bathroom consists of three rooms, a toilet room  (marked by floor dividers,  with one BUY for each stall), a Shower Room (with one BUY for each shower) , and a main room  that's accessible from each, with no BRYs, but nothing else to attract a customer either.

I think noadhd interferes with this a bit, as customers under its influence don't seem to want to engage in undesirable behaviors like getting off the exercise machines and hitting the showers before motive drain forces them off-lot.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 23, 05:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact I think noadhd can cause customers to DIE. I had 3 ghosts on a venue lot before I deleted all the exercise machines. The ghosts were amusing though.

I could not understand why customers would use the toilets and not the showers, when I had placed adequate supplies of both as well as BUY.

More F than you
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: