More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:38:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Did FT kill CAS tooltips?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did FT kill CAS tooltips?  (Read 5256 times)
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Did FT kill CAS tooltips?
« on: 2008 March 21, 14:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure when this started, since I don't normally pay close attention, but recently I don't have CAS tooltips (the little pop-up that says the creator's name or whatever). I even tested by making an outfit in BodyShop, giving it a tooltip, and sticking it in game... no dice. Is this a FT thing or what?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Did FT kill CAS tooltips?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 21, 15:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the testing cheats turned on?  I thought those only popped up when testing cheats were enabled before you went into CAS (and maybe only when you had them enabled in your userstartup file).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
FuzzySham
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 21, 16:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's happening for me, too. No tooltips at all in CAS. I really think FreeTime killed them.  Angry
Jsalemi, I think the OP is talking about the "normal" tooltips you get every time you hover over the pics in CAS, not the special ones (like filenames and age groups and whatnot).
I know that my post doesn't really help, but I wanted to second that the tooltips don't show up... 
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 21, 17:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, free time killed tooltips on clothing in CAS.

just like Bon Voyage eliminated our ability to delete make-up/earrings/glasses/etc. in CAS

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 21, 18:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can say Bon Voyage to your ability to delete those ugly glasses, and you'll waste all your Free Time trying to figure out who made that outfit!  Cheesy What's next?!

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 21, 18:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered several maxis items last night that will not allow me to delete custom recolors like bedspreads and such.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 22, 10:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... well, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one. You've got to wonder how, after 7 EPs, they managed to fuck up something that hasn't changed since the base game. "Gee, we haven't touched that in years. Let's break it!" Sigh.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 01, 03:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it's broken, maybe someone can fix it?  You could try asking around.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 01, 07:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I discovered several maxis items last night that will not allow me to delete custom recolors like bedspreads and such.

You have tried to delete by first placing the object and using the colour change tool, right?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 01, 17:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have tried to delete by first placing the object and using the colour change tool, right?

Yeah, regardless what I do, I don't get the option to delete the recolors on some of them. With the bedspreads, it doesn't matter to much because there are other beds that do still have the trashcan next to them.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 01, 17:11:53 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: