More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:54:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Piano sound cuts out - is there a fix for this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Piano sound cuts out - is there a fix for this?  (Read 5158 times)
LonesomeDove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Piano sound cuts out - is there a fix for this?
« on: 2008 March 18, 18:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please direct me to the fix if there is one... I've done searches on every variation of the problem I can think of and nothing viable comes up.

Here's what's happening: When my Sims play the piano for tips, the sound will work for a very brief time and then it's gone, just the Sim banging away on the keys in utter silence. Other Sims who join on drums, bass and/or guitar, the sound is fine. Just no piano.

I also have a problem on community lots where the wall speakers will have no sound coming out. And on some lots, I have sound coming out of the speakers on one floor and nothing from speakers on a different floor!

Also, nobuskers isn't working for me. I've got a Sims University lot going where I've had a piano, drums and bass and even with the nobuskers fix, not only do the playable Sims keep plopping down that stupid tip jar, but visitors walk in and do it, too! My Sims are pissing away their much-needed Simoleons giving huge tips to townies that aren't even supposed to be there!

Help!
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Piano sound cuts out - is there a fix for this?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 18, 19:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem more with the violin than the piano.
LonesomeDove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 18, 19:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the violin -- I don't have and don't plan to get Freetime. But I have all other EPs up to and including BV, and I've installed all the patches available.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 18, 19:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the University lot residential or community? Is there a party or other event going on at the same time? I have sound issues with the stereos sometimes but I haven't noticed anything with the pianos.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
LonesomeDove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 18, 19:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is happening in any lot... dorms, community, residential.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 18, 22:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I know no any fix for this.Instrument Sounds mess is linked to poor multichannel ingame audio engine.When some of instruments sound started,some of other sounds may be blocked.This constantly happening with shower sounds too(two sounds of working showers in the same time totally block each other).
Obviously EAxis don't have much money for top-level audio engineer consultations. Smiley
LonesomeDove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 19, 16:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you're saying that this is related to a problem with the game software itself?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 19, 17:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you're saying that this is related to a problem with the game software itself?

Well, as a point of comparison: I haven't upgraded yet (still just Uni and NL,) and I have the same problem all the time. I tend to let them turn on the TV and the stereo and keep them on all the time (to prevent napping outside of bed,) and I've noticed occasional silent piano-playing, or the stereo going silent when they take a shower.

The game just doesn't play multiple sounds well.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 19, 20:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes,exactly what I mean.
LonesomeDove
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 20, 01:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well (sigh...) I guess if that's the case then that's that. Thanks to those of you who answered me.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: