More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:26:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A mod to let sims go to work while visibly pregnant
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A mod to let sims go to work while visibly pregnant  (Read 13325 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
A mod to let sims go to work while visibly pregnant
« on: 2008 April 12, 11:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's slightly irritating that the sims have to stay home from work as soon as they start showing pregnancy. In the real world, at least in Finland, women don't go on maternity leave until a month before the due date. I would like the sims to at least have the option of going to work during the second, and perhaps the third trimester as well. I don't know if there are certain limitations for this to happen (if, say, the time of birth comes up while the sim is at work). This would be a welcome change for some of the working mothers in my game. (On one occasion a sim on the second trimester went to work by accident, when she moved from the first to the second trimester when the car pool had already arrived, and it didn't seem to create any problems.)

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: A mod to let sims go to work while visibly pregnant
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 12, 11:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pregnant sim in her third trimester went to work just yesterday. She came home, caught a few zz's and then gave birth. You have to direct them to go to work though by clicking 'go to work' on the car. No carpool will show.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 12, 11:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, thanks for the tip, I didn't know. Not all my pregnant sims have cars, especially now that they can walk to other lots, but I guess that'll have to change.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 12, 11:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problem sending pregnant Sims to work by car up until the second trimester. In the third trimester, sometimes Sims refuse to go to work, insisting that they should stay home while pregnant. I guess it's because the birth would take place during the work hour.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 12, 16:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I did not know this either.  And here simEmma was sitting around at home, going out dancing with townies, bowling, and having fun when she should have been WORKING!

Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 12, 16:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I did not know this either.  And here simEmma was sitting around at home, going out dancing with townies, bowling, and having fun when she should have been WORKING!

Grin

Grin

Sim-Emma just wants to have fun!

awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 14, 20:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game has two checks that control whether a pregnant sim can leave home.  One check occurs during the do I work today checks and places a sim on maternity leave when they start showing.  The other occurs all the time and checks to see if the sim is within a certain ammount of time of giving birth and won't let the sim leave the lot in this case.

Either or both of these checks can be modified.  I have modified them for the Seasonal Aging mod I am working on currently and could easily pop out a standalone mod for altering either of those behaviors.   Changing when the sim is put on maternity leave is probably the only alteration you would want to do.  That could easily be changed to put them on leave when they enter the third trimester (25 hours before birth since a sim is pregnant for 75 hours total in the default behaviors assigned by EAxis)

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 14, 20:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Grin

Sim-Emma just wants to have fun!

Actually, simEmma is an unemployed mother of two now.  New Baby Boy for Emma!  Name please.
Then Emma can start a flower or toy business, or become an oceanographer or something.

Tribulatio proxima est
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 14, 21:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, simEmma is an unemployed mother of two now.  New Baby Boy for Emma!  Name please.
Then Emma can start a flower or toy business, or become an oceanographer or something.

I vote for Gus. A strong male name.  Emma's son, Gus.  Grin
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 14, 21:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh jolrei, you're really putting our sims through the ringer.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 14, 22:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh jolrei, you're really putting our sims through the ringer.

A busy sim is a happy sim.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 15, 05:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for Gus. A strong male name.  Emma's son, Gus.  Grin

That sounds good-Gus it is!

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 15, 15:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maternity leave is for AFTER the baby is born.  :p Most employers make you use vacation time if you leave before the birth. At least... everywhere I have worked did that to their preggo employees.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 15, 17:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd take it out of your vacation time, period. This sort of nonsense is exactly the kind of reason why I'd be inclined to hire men instead. I will accept your spay/neuter papers as an acceptable substitute. When they institute this sort of thing for men, I will not hire anyone without appropriate papers. Until then, the present mess simply encourages a men and old crones-only policy: People who are unlikely to soup and try to leave me footing the bill for this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 15, 17:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They sort of have instituted this for men...FMLA. Not quite as versatile as maternity leave, but a man can take a week off under FMLA for a new baby.
« Last Edit: 2008 April 15, 21:00:15 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 15, 17:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lovely. Well, spay/neuter papers only, then. Damn Soupers, always trying to come up with new ways to steal my money.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 15, 18:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Finland, the actual paid maternity leave starts about a month before the due date. If you have to stay home earlier than that due to problems with the pregnancy, I believe it's the same as being on sick leave. And dads can have some paternity leave (after the baby is born).

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 15, 18:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Canada, the unemployment insurance system provides 15 weeks of maternity benefits and 35 weeks of parental benefits.  The parental benefits can be split between the two parents.  This provides approximately 60% of the person's salary and job protection (employer can't fire you for souping).  Works as leave without pay, so the employer does not pay the benefits.

This is not, however, available for self-employed people.

Tribulatio proxima est
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 15, 22:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Pescado: unfortunately, family leave applies to adoption as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: