More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 17:02:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why won't they shower?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why won't they shower?  (Read 18580 times)
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Why won't they shower?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 23, 06:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BUY I know although I don't have it installed.  What's BRY?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 23, 06:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using BUY and BRY will fix that, when running an owned business.

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3068/03222008223858uu9.jpg

In this setup, the bathroom consists of three rooms, a toilet room  (marked by floor dividers,  with one BUY for each stall), a Shower Room (with one BUY for each shower) , and a main room  that's accessible from each, with no BRYs, but nothing else to attract a customer either.

I think noadhd interferes with this a bit, as customers under its influence don't seem to want to engage in undesirable behaviors like getting off the exercise machines and hitting the showers before motive drain forces them off-lot.

Just to confirm: the customers *do* use the showers at least on occasion? Or is it just employees?

On a related note: since I'm still pre-OFB, I'm using No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies... and I'm conflicted. Dormies seem to be stupider than any other kind of non-playable and won't take care of basic needs even when they can, which can lead to amusement, but can also get old after a while. I keep having dormies starve to death when there's a fully-functioning cafeteria worker on the lot. First time, I had no idea why the dormie died. Fortunately, I was playing a sim who was destined to have all her fears fulfilled at the end of college, and one of her fears was to see that dormie come back as a zombie... and that sim was a member of the SS that has the Reaper phone.

Just now, a new Uni and new dorm witnessed another death. No salvation for this one: my playable has Knowledge Aspiration and didn't feel like meeting anyone new, so they didn't even know each other. Downside -- or maybe not -- was: I think my sim decided to autonomously kick the tombstone when she came back from class. Didn't catch her doing it, it happened too quick... but the ghost showed up. This is how I figured out hunger was to blame; she went right for the mini-fridge and microwave. The fridge was well-stocked, but she must have still been pissed about the tomb-kicking, because she went after one of the other dormies she hated. Scared him twice, but he didn't die.

I think I'll keep the dorm haunted, but I may have to remove the hack. My playable doesn't really care about the dormies, anyway, so deaths just kind of get in the way.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 23, 06:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In this setup, the bathroom consists of three rooms, a toilet room  (marked by floor dividers,  with one BUY for each stall), a Shower Room (with one BUY for each shower) , and a main room  that's accessible from each, with no BRYs, but nothing else to attract a customer either.

I think noadhd interferes with this a bit, as customers under its influence don't seem to want to engage in undesirable behaviors like getting off the exercise machines and hitting the showers before motive drain forces them off-lot.

Just to confirm: the customers *do* use the showers at least on occasion? Or is it just employees?

On a related note: since I'm still pre-OFB, I'm using No Uni Invulnerability For Dormies... and I'm conflicted. Dormies seem to be stupider than any other kind of non-playable and won't take care of basic needs even when they can, which can lead to amusement, but can also get old after a while. I keep having dormies starve to death when there's a fully-functioning cafeteria worker on the lot. First time, I had no idea why the dormie died. Fortunately, I was playing a sim who was destined to have all her fears fulfilled at the end of college, and one of her fears was to see that dormie come back as a zombie... and that sim was a member of the SS that has the Reaper phone.

Just now, a new Uni and new dorm witnessed another death. No salvation for this one: my playable has Knowledge Aspiration and didn't feel like meeting anyone new, so they didn't even know each other. Downside -- or maybe not -- was: I think my sim decided to autonomously kick the tombstone when she came back from class. Didn't catch her doing it, it happened too quick... but the ghost showed up. This is how I figured out hunger was to blame; she went right for the mini-fridge and microwave. The fridge was well-stocked, but she must have still been pissed about the tomb-kicking, because she went after one of the other dormies she hated. Scared him twice, but he didn't die.

I think I'll keep the dorm haunted, but I may have to remove the hack. My playable doesn't really care about the dormies, anyway, so deaths just kind of get in the way.

If you use no uni protect, then you need to supply beds for your dormies as they can't use the ones that are behind dorm doors.  If you don't supply available beds they get into a situation where they are too tired to do anything - including eating (causing death by starvation).  They'll also pass out at the portals when they come back from visiting campus, so that your sims are unable to use the blocked portal.  The second issue can be dealt with by putting speakers outside, so that the noise wakes them up immediately.  The first issue is the one causing the deaths - one solution is to move all the myne doors so that they open onto an empty room, leaving the bedrooms & beds available for the dormies to use.  Make sure you lock your playable's door if you use this, so they don't try to sleep in your playable's bed.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 23, 06:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already got the playable door locked, because I noticed the bed nazi wasn't kicking people out of my room. But it didn't occur to me that the dormies wouldn't be able to use their own beds. For that matter, I thought they were supposed to recharge when they go to their room, whether they really use a bed or not? That's what the thread suggested...

Ah, well, I should have known there was some reason why people were doing the tiny bedless room with multiple doors trick.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 23, 06:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already got the playable door locked, because I noticed the bed nazi wasn't kicking people out of my room. But it didn't occur to me that the dormies wouldn't be able to use their own beds. For that matter, I thought they were supposed to recharge when they go to their room, whether they really use a bed or not? That's what the thread suggested...

That's normal game behaviour, and that is one of the things nouniprotect modifies.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 23, 08:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains a few odd things at my dorms... Bhaaaa you, I never would have thought it worked like that.

*Wanders off to edit a dorm*

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 23, 08:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, no-uni-protect doesn't modify this behavior. It's just that dormies never seemed to recharge, period, when returning to their rooms, whereas with super-protect-mode, they simply never needed to do anything. Except play your instruments. For hours.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
letitia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 23, 09:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

while we're still talking about showering...my sims won't take a shower together in the same room by using communal shower...is there problem with the shower in FT or there's some hack problem? i'm only using BUY for toilet-related hack...I saw the picture and I assume they can take a bath side by side in the same room? why do my sims keep shooing other people while i'm using communal shower? Sad
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 23, 10:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why do my sims keep shooing other people while i'm using communal shower? Sad
I asked about that problem in the BUY thread, and J.M. told me that sims of different age classes don't shower together. Look here for further details (post #538).

Showering on community lots might be personality related. I had townies shower without BUY, but only some. Others preferred to walk around in their stink clouds, and at least three of these notorious polluters have very few to no neat points.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 23, 16:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. The Sim in the picture is a customer.

Having reasked Pescado, it's neither BRY nor BUY that's letting my customers shower. It's the Customer Selector, that's flipping the bit that makes  things more showerable.  I did experience customers showering before this, but it was far, far rarer.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 23, 18:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? What do you have the lot type set as? I have the customer selector and BRY as well (no BUY, though) and a very similar bathroom setup, but my customers don't shower.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 23, 18:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? What do you have the lot type set as? I have the customer selector and BRY as well (no BUY, though) and a very similar bathroom setup, but my customers don't shower.

Just to clarify, is your set-up also a gym, or something else that will lower the customers' hygiene?
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 23, 19:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently, it's set as generic, but in the past, it's been set as entertainment.  I'm not using any aother hacks that  affect bathroom behavior.

If I had to guess without seeing your screenshots, I'd say the salient difference between our setups is the  use of floor dividers.

My bathroom has three rooms:

The toilet room, with two BUY units. (The floor dividers make this a separate room).
The Shower Room, with two BUY units.
The main room, with no BUY units.

Guessing as your setup, you've probably got two rooms, an outer toilet room, and an inner shower room that you can only enter by going through the toilet room.

[Complete and utter speculation based on what I wound up doing to make my bathrooms work properly after the Customer Selector was rejiggered to set the bathable bit follows.]

If this is the case, when a Sim who has to shower but not use the toilet  enters the bathroom,  the outer Toilet  room  BUY will sieze the sim, realize that he doesn't need to pee, and throw him out of the  Outer Toilet Room to a room that Does Not Contain a BUY... i.e., out of the bathroom.  Since the only way the Sim can get to the showers is through the Toilet Room, all further attempts to use the showers are thwarted by the Toilet Room's BUY until at such time that he needs to use the toilet. And if you've dropped snapdragons all over the place, this will likely never happen before some other motive drain (Energy) kicks the sim off lot.

In my setup, by giving the toilets their own separate room, and the shower its own separate room,  but both having direct access to an un-BUY-ed outer room,  Sims can, if neccessary, proceed directly to the shower room without being affected by the toilet BUYs.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: