More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:42:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Townies and NPCs can generate with Glasses/Facial Hair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townies and NPCs can generate with Glasses/Facial Hair  (Read 54328 times)
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Townies and NPCs can generate with Glasses/Facial Hair
« on: 2008 March 15, 22:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I editted the flags for glasses and facial hair so that Townies and NPCs will generate with them. (Sims will also generate with them in Create-a-Sim and body shop. No big deal, though, right?)
One package does this for all base-game glasses, the other does this for all base-game facial hair.

That's about all there is to it. I noticed that it makes male Sims generate with facial hair really often- maybe even half of the time- so if you don't want that, then you might want to consider not installing the facial hair version.

Installation:
If you stick this in your Downloads folder, then all of the glasses/facial hair will display the Custom Content star, and it will become possible to delete them.
If you want to avoid that, just install it into the Program Files\EA Games\[latest Sims 2 EP installed]\TSData\Res\Catalog folder.
Then they can still show up on newly generated townies, but they'll also still appear as normal Maxis content.

I hope you enjoy it- this is something I've wanted in my own game for a long, long time. Cheesy

« Last Edit: 2008 December 20, 09:04:23 by Mirablu » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Townies and NPCs can generate with Glasses/Facial Hair
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 15, 22:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds interesting and I'll definately try it in my game - but what is the glasses creation ratio?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 15, 23:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hit "Random Sim" for adult male Sims in Body Shop about 100 times, and I got about 9 glasses-wearing Sims. So, I'd say it looks to be about 1/10th of the time for Glasses. Maybe a little less (9/100, if we're going by my first 100 tries- but that's too small of a test sample, isn't it?)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 15, 23:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is much appreciated. I think there has been a total of two sims that wore glasses in any of my hoods ever. Same with facial hair.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 16, 06:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try this out too-might be a while before I get new townies though.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 17, 04:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great. Finally, my neighbourhood townie pool will NOT be full of men who very oddly have no facial hair. There's a high probability you'd meet somebody with a moustache or beard, or even SEE one of them, in reality.
Also, there's a VERY low chance that every sim has perfect eyesight or use contact lenses. So, glasses are essential (and my sims who randomly have the 'glasses are hawt' chemistry interaction will finally be able to meet their dream person)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 17, 10:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the random button in bodyshop with both these mods.  Glasses seem to be about 1 in 10, but I'm pretty sure every single male generates with some form or other of facial hair.  That's a bit too much.
I'll keep the glasses mod and let the beardy one go.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 17, 21:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that the amount of males who have really noticable facial hair in my testing has been around 25% of the time. Anyways, since I have a sim who'll have a barber shop (yes, a salon. Laugh it up!), I'll be fine with the amount of people who would have the facial hair.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 18, 08:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think noticeable is the key word there.  The sideburns, light goatee and light stubbles aren't easy to spot from a distance.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 18, 22:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removed the facial hair part. The tour guides in vacation lots should NOT have that moustache.
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 19, 15:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

probably completely dumb question, but I like this idea, and I hate breaking my game, so I will ask anyway...

you said to install in Program Files\EA Games\[latest Sims 2 EP installed]\TSData\Catalog

that is not an existing folder for me, the TSData folders have Control, Res, and Sys folders, are we supposed to create it or is it supposed to go somewhere beyond? TSData\Res\Catalog has more folders... bins, scripts, patterns & a few more...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 19, 16:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you going through My Documents or through Program Files?

Two different ball games there.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 19, 16:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the first post said program files, so that's where I went.
If it's supposed to be My Documents that would explain my confusion.
*edit* no, actually it wouldn't. My question stands.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 19, 16:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put it in C:>program files>EA>TS2FT>TSData>Res>Catalog and it works fine.  Thanks for this new shiney, Mirablu.  Smiley
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 22, 14:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

meh, I hate fudging with the program files if I don't have to (mostly as it makes re-installing back-ups a total bitch)
I plunked it into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Catalog and it seem to run fine, w/o making the said items deletable so unless I am informed it's a really bad idea for whatever reason, there they will stay.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 November 25, 01:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...as long as someone else has already indulged in Necromancy here (bringing this thread, which was posted during a time I wasn't Simming and thus missed it, to my attention), did anyone ever look into whether it might be possible to also edit the probabilities?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 12, 16:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the file name says Default Replacement - will the Glasses file clash with default replacement glasses which I already have?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 12, 17:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both with no problems, Gwenke. (I assume you are talking about the Phaenoh glasses mod?)

funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 13, 20:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious and looked through my phonebook of the Sim who has the business perk of knowing everyone, and I have townies with glasses and such naturally.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 15, 06:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was curious and looked through my phonebook of the Sim who has the business perk of knowing everyone, and I have townies with glasses and such naturally.

A bunch of downtownies come with beards, glasses and makeup, 'cause they're generated from full pre-made sim templates. Some of Maxis' pre-made NPCs in the Maxis neighbourhoods also have them. However, normal randomly generated townies and NPCs won't have these things unless you use this hack.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 15, 22:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I don't have a Downtown associated with that neighborhood. I only have my university and vacation destinations. No downtown, no shopping district.
Gwenke
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 16, 22:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both with no problems, Gwenke. (I assume you are talking about the Phaenoh glasses mod?)

Thank you. Yes, I was.
And just today I generated a SIm with glasses in CAS. Really helps to have more glasses in the hood, like when I am too lazy to go to my accessories and waddle through the millions of earrings/bracelets/whatnot which are not yet updated for BV.
Now, thinking about it... maybe it would be possible to have a similar mod for all accessories?
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 19, 03:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Wardrobe Wrangler to townify all my accessories.  That seems to work fine, Gwenke, although it's rather tedious to fix everything.
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 December 20, 09:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll edit that folder path in the OP. My mistake, sorry about that.

Yes, I use the Phaenoh glasses mod too. That was my impetus to make this hack, in fact! There's no reason for the two hacks to conflict.
This shouldn't conflict with any hacks unless they also alter the categories, etc. for the game's accessories/facial hair. It would conflict with, say, a facial hair/accessory hider- but not a facial hair/accessory texture replacement.
I don't know of a way to fix all accessories save for doing it in the Wardrobe Wrangler/by hand. The game has the flag property set of accessories/etc. set to 08 by default, which (to my knowledge) means "visible in the catalog, but not selectable by the random character generators". This hack just changes that to 00.
So, making all accessories selectable with one single hack (and, for that matter, altering the probabilities of generation) would probably require changing the character generator codebits, and be more trouble than it was worth- and beyond the limits of my knowledge. Using the wardrobe wrangler would be the best plan.

With my latest EP being Seasons, my game wasn't generating townies/NPCs with glasses and such. Maybe they added that in a later expansion? Otherwise, I'm not sure how that happened (but I would really love to know!) For accuracy's sake, the EPs I had installed when I last tested townie generation were NL, OfB, Seasons, and perhaps Uni.

Removed the facial hair part. The tour guides in vacation lots should NOT have that moustache.
But giving townies that ridiculous moustache-- that's half of the fun! Cheesy
(To be honest, I sometimes skip the facial hair hack in my game for that very reason. I don't blame you. But maybe I could make a version that cuts out the random selection of the more ridiculous facial hair? The twirlier moustaches and poofier beards.)

And if someone with AL, Bon Voyage and/or any of the stuff packs that contain facial hair or glasses could send me the Skins.package file located in Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 [EP or SP name]\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins, I would appreciate it-- I would like to update this to include the expansion packs, and those are the files I'm lacking. </begging>
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 December 20, 09:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One BV and one AL.

I have UNI, NL, OFB, GLS, FFS, PETS, SEAS, CELEB, TSS, BV, K&B, FT, IKEA, AL. If there's any others you want skins from that I have, let me know.

* skins.rar (128.48 KB - downloaded 572 times.)

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: