More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:35:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Best way to completely nuke unwanted babies?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Best way to completely nuke unwanted babies?  (Read 10180 times)
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Best way to completely nuke unwanted babies?
« on: 2008 March 15, 21:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was testing something that required multiple births, and instead of using a crap testing family, I used my family of three cute redheaded sisters... and like an idiot, when I quit, I saved instead of quitting without saving like I meant to...

So now my cute redheads have six squalling infants, all named Baby Boy and Baby Girl.  This simply will not do... I know I could get them taken by the social worker and then delete the memories but then I have six stupid babies floating around my neighborhood for no good reason besides my own stupidity.  I created a nice clean new 'hood with all my face templates and names and no unwanted NPCs only to end up with these damn useless crotchfruit hanging about in the family of cute redheads who are meant to be the town's bicycles.

So what would be the best way to basically make it as if these unwanted babies never happened so my redheads can get back to hoing it up?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Best way to completely nuke unwanted babies?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 15, 21:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL @ Crotchfruit

You need to read this thread, and to download the lot debugger if you haven't got it already.

Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 15, 21:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This really doesn't add anything of value to the discussion, but:
My first thought upon reading this was: "Thank god Celesta can't reply to this.".
That is all.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 15, 21:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My search fu fails.  Thanks for the link, Emma.  Feel free to make fun of me mercilessly now, or somethin'.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 15, 22:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feel free to make fun of me mercilessly now, or somethin'.

I wouldn't do that, especially after you fixed those Teen Style Stuff pyjamas for me  Wink

Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 16, 13:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still sitting here LMAO at crotchfruit, HP!!!  That was precious!  Next time I yell at my kids, I'm gonna use that one!   Wink (j/k)

And, please do not call yourself stupid.  I did the exact same thing yesterday and now have a new baby named "Baby Boy Pofolk".  The bad thing was that the Mom was already pregnant and was a day away from giving birth.  Since I have a shortage of male babies in my neighborhood I let him stay, but since the Mom was pregnant and miserable already, childcare was not a joy!  LOL
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 16, 15:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have an adult "find own place" with the baby.  Use a teleporter to move the adult back in.  This should leave the baby in the homeless pool alone.  Delete it Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
HystericalParoxysm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 16, 15:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kristalrose - Heh, well, I suppose it's an understandable mistake, but it still had me forehead slapping and swearing.  Wink

Inge - I've heard of Very Bad Things happening as a result of deleting sims from the sim bin.  I'm a little afraid to use that method in case those rumours are true.  I'm assuming that because you advise it, you either denounce this rumour/don't know of it, but I'm wondering if you or others can confirm/deny that.  I did get confirmation that severing family ties with InSIM and then using Pescado's method with SimPE and the debugger will work okay and I'll probably do that, but hey, since we're on the subject...
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 16, 17:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HP is absolutely right, you're not supposed to delete sims from the sim bin because EA can't seem to do anything right and this method doesn't delete the sims properly; it leaves behind bits and pieces which can be potentially harmful to your hood. I'm pretty sure that this is a big part of why Pes even bothered to create the Deleted 2 tutorial.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 16, 18:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's correct behaviour though.  It leaves behind enough of a character stump file so that when other sims have memory of the deleted sim, they can still find out its name and what it looked like, and also it reserves the Neighbor ID which could otherwise get reused.  You wouldn't want Cassandra Goth to have a memory of her deleted brother and next time you looked it had turned into a memory of the latest newly spawned townie?   You'd have more Bad Things if it didn't behave that way.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 16, 19:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my first neighborhood, Darren Dreamer had a little girl and I accidently named her Baby Girl (before I knew how to rename) and I cloned her cause she turned out to be my favorite but I never could seem to be able to rename her--so she is still Baby Girl no matter what game she ends up in.  Baby Boy is a different story all together.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 16, 20:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.  I had to look up "town bicycle".  How did I ever live without Google.

Well having 6 unwanted gets would seem to be a logical end result of being the town bicycle(s).  And since they are from good stock (you said they were pretty), They might turn up okay after all.  Why not work them into your story.

Insim allows you to change a sims first name. 
« Last Edit: 2008 March 16, 21:33:49 by angelyne » Logged
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 16, 21:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you not just plop them in the adoption pool using the teleporter? Not a perfect solution, but a solution none the less.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 16, 23:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you not just plop them in the adoption pool using the teleporter? Not a perfect solution, but a solution none the less.
Well, she did ask for the best solution, which insofar is Deleted 2 'cos it's also the most complicated.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 17, 07:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my first neighborhood, Darren Dreamer had a little girl and I accidently named her Baby Girl (before I knew how to rename) and I cloned her cause she turned out to be my favorite but I never could seem to be able to rename her--so she is still Baby Girl no matter what game she ends up in.  Baby Boy is a different story all together.

The lot debugger allows you to change a sims first name. I accidentally named my sims baby girl 'Derek'  Cheesy

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 17, 09:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She could always go out with the boy named Sue.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 17, 23:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insim allows you to change a sims first name. 

I've taken mine out since it hasn't been updated for FT.  I'm afraid to try it, even though I've read over there that some folks have had no adverse effects on their game. 
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 18, 00:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can spawn the Tombstone of L&D via the testing cheats and change first names that way too, if for some reason you didn't want to use the lot debugger to do it.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 18, 00:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Age cheat the babies to adult and then kill them? It would be quick, if not painless.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 18, 04:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're just talking dead then you can use the Death Creator to kill babies. I thought the aim was to get rid of these kids completely though - no memories, genetics and other crap floating around - which brings us back to deleted 2.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 18, 05:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's correct behaviour though.  It leaves behind enough of a character stump file so that when other sims have memory of the deleted sim, they can still find out its name and what it looked like, and also it reserves the Neighbor ID which could otherwise get reused.  You wouldn't want Cassandra Goth to have a memory of her deleted brother and next time you looked it had turned into a memory of the latest newly spawned townie?   You'd have more Bad Things if it didn't behave that way.
The entire point of this is to purge the sim from existence utterly and completely, as if it never existed, and yes, reuse the NID as a result. Since the game does not perform this and leaves behind stubs of the sim, like registry turds left in your computer, Deleted 2 is necessary to purge them completely. Deleting from the Simbin is an incomplete process that accumulates turds in your system, creating confusing duplicates of sims much like the Evil That Is Lotbinning Occupied Lots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: