More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:44:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger  (Read 32479 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 14, 11:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I do have kids, ages ranging from 24 to 12 (in MATY terms).  The oldest of them is a regular here.

If one of my teens was behaving like a lazy, spoilt brat on the internet, as a loving parent who cares about the behaviour of her children I would deny them access to the internet until they could explain to me exactly why their behaviour was inappropriate.

One of the things I took the time to teach my kids was to do their own research, rather than expecting others to drop everything to hand them information on a platter.  (In other words, as you've already been told in this thread: Read the FAQ, and use the search button)

Another thing I cared enough to teach my kids was that when they go into a new social situation (whether online or offline) it makes sense to hang around quietly and get a feel for the way the regulars behave, rather than barging in without understanding the group culture of the regulars.  (I.E. lurk moar.)

It's a pity your parents couldn't be bothered to teach you these basic principles, one for learning, and one for getting along with others.  Maybe they just threw money at you instead of teaching you important life lessons.  Poor sad little rich girl.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 14, 11:51:27 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 14, 12:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I do have kids, ages ranging from 24 to 12 (in MATY terms).

Ouch, touched a tough spot there? Cheesy

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 14, 12:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laugh it up. You can find them all amusing and whatever else it is that motivates you. The problem is that if you actually want help and/or to get anywhere here you're going to need to dust off your own manners. Yes, people can be a little brusk. When you've politely said "Please read the rules and excercise good sence" whatever-bajillion times these guys have you'll get brusk too.

So, now, I've tried to help you, and you'll probably insult me too. It's my own mistake for thinking that somebody who reads Jean Auel must at least have some  intellegence.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 14, 15:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep sending nasty replies, so I can waste my time reading them! Thanks for daddy's trust fund, I'm able to.

Paris?  Could it be?  The intellectual level is about the same.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 14, 15:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neh, she hasn't been calling things "hot". Just your garden-variety spoiled little brat.

Jonayla, guess what? I was raised in an upper-middle class family, in a very nice house with a huge yard and basically everything I ever asked for. I was an only child. I was my grandparents' favorite grandchild, and my aunt & uncles' favorite niece. Never was a hand lain on me in anger. I was coddled and loved and indulged. I was also taught that behaving like a lazy, ungrateful brat was the fastest way to get everything taken away. I was taught to appreciate every single thing I had, because my parents had had to work two jobs each and live in a run-down rental before I was born, until they both were lucky in their careers, and if it weren't for that luck I would have been living in a van down by the river with a dead rat for a pet.

Apparently, your parents focused on giving you valuables but not values. Quit being a lazy ass. The world is not here to serve you. You are here to serve the world. Now you shall serve as target practice.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 14, 15:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha, you guys are so funny!  Cheesy

This is the best forum I've ever visited! It's full of flamers who think better of themselves and will actually waste their own time sending posts that either state that they're actually like that in real life OR they think anonymity excuses all manners and would - instead of showing their intelligence and knowledge - let other people hope it's not someone who you know in real life... I hope you people don't have kids, I wouldn't want to see them grow up like you.. Or at least let's hope your behavior is like this only online.

Keep sending nasty replies, so I can waste my time reading them! Thanks for daddy's trust fund, I'm able to.

I love how when poked just a little bit, all the true colors come out. It's like a rainbow, only not as bright.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 14, 19:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha, you guys are so funny!  Cheesy
Yes, ta.

I had a feeling you were going to get butthurt over this.

When I posted that first post about backing away from the thread, Jonayla first responded with a sensible 'should I pull this post?' type of post. Next time I saw the thread it had been changed. She got confident that because nothing bad had happened immediately, therefore it wasn't going to happen. This instant gratification business raises expectations.

I love how when poked just a little bit, all the true colors come out. It's like a rainbow, only not as bright.
Or nearly as pretty.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 14, 21:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everyone is as Awesome as many of the people are here. When I have encountered people with problems and they couldn't find answers elsewhere, I've suggested coming to this site to get answers. They have refused. Too many rather put up with the problem than post here for needed help. They don't want to become "targets".
This is a darn good site, with problems that aren't addressed elsewhere. Information that isn't available elsewhere. I have learned a lot by reading the information here which has been a valuable help to me. Since this is the best site around, I feel badly that there are others who intentionally stay away.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 14, 22:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If people search MATY, and then POLITELY say "I've searched here, and googled, but I need help, please?", they get help, and no pokes.  "Help me damnit, because I say so and WANT IT NOW" posters are poked.  Sometimes they are flamed.  Anyone who uses excuses in their first post like "I have dyslexia and lazy", as Jonayla did, should be shot.
Quetzkotl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 14, 22:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to comment that I found it somewhat adorable that jonayla found the forum experience here memorable enough to rant about it at length in her blog. http://iamleftovers.blogspot.com/
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 14, 22:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not everyone is as Awesome as many of the people are here. When I have encountered people with problems and they couldn't find answers elsewhere, I've suggested coming to this site to get answers. They have refused. Too many rather put up with the problem than post here for needed help. They don't want to become "targets".
This is a darn good site, with problems that aren't addressed elsewhere. Information that isn't available elsewhere. I have learned a lot by reading the information here which has been a valuable help to me. Since this is the best site around, I feel badly that there are others who intentionally stay away.

Do your research, ask politely, don't grovel (no, it doesn't help), and provide all relevant information (and for fuck's sake, leave out the irrelevant), then you'll get answers, and not be ridiculed.
If you come running in here like you own the place, blame dyslexia for your laziness, talk like a 12-year-old who types with their thumbs, or ask questions that are common knowledge and could have been acquired with two keywords and google, then you will be poked with big sharp sticks and told to fuck off.
That's  why there's a high level of competence here:  We scare the sheep away, and leave only those with more than average brain power.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 14, 22:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Main reason why I so like "matyism"-almost everyone here can to become "target".And in this case...
Than more awesome person is,then more the fear to look stupidly. Grin
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 14, 23:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to comment that I found it somewhat adorable that jonayla found the forum experience here memorable enough to rant about it at length in her blog. http://iamleftovers.blogspot.com/
That was interesting reading, so the dyslexia and trust fund is just testing us.  Cry

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 14, 23:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I visit a new forum on the internet, one of the first things I do is read the FAQ & the stickies.  Then I lurk for a good long while before I post.  I've been doing this since my first visit to usenet (which was probably before the OP was born).

It's common sense to get a feel for what the group culture is before you go barging in.  It's not a case of other people not being as Awesome as many of the people here.  I know I'm not awesome (even the cat in my av is more awesome than me - and she's our doofus cat), I just use a little bit of common sense and old-fashioned manners when I visit a new forum.

If it is a case of having an urgent question, such as when I couldn't get another game to work and visited their help forums for the first time, then I replace the lurking with searching the forum.  In that case, not finding my answer after searching, I then posted a respectful post requesting help.

I've come across a lot of 12 year olds on the internet who don't want to find their own answers, they want other people to find the answers for them.  Do schools no longer teach kids about research?  My view is that if someone is too damn lazy to use the search button, then why should I bother to search for them?  Their problem is obviously not important enough for them to do their own searching, and since it's not my problem it's considerably less important to me.

Yes we are a mean & nasty lot, but we also expect people seeking help to use basic internet etiquette.  You'll notice Jonayla is getting a lot of criticism here for her lack of manners.  If you want other people to go out of their way to help you, then you need to ask for help, not demand it because of your admitted laziness.

EDIT: Oh, and I've read that blog.  Strange how her blog doesn't mention that she posted she was lazy before she even wrote her request.  In fact, her blog implies that she does do her own research.  If she's that good at research, she would have found our WCIF thread.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 14, 23:43:51 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 14, 23:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, you are all rude because you are North American.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 15, 00:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm ruder than many people here and I'm Scandinavian.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 March 15, 00:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha ha, I'm rude too and I'm a kiwi.  Grin

I think we're pretty well globally rude at MATY.

ETA: Choice quote from the Jonayla.
The funny thing when going through the forums is the noticeable lack of un-willingless to help anybody.
Whoops, better re-read that.

I like this, it's even better than the Brynnistas going back to their site to tell each other how they told someone off; this Jonayla's talking to herself about it. Hey girl, we're over here, come and tell us what you think.

Oh and PS. HOW do you know the origins of all the posters in the forums?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 15, 00:13:07 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 March 15, 00:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Choice quote from the Jonayla.
The funny thing when going through the forums is the noticeable lack of un-willingless to help anybody.
Whoops, better re-read that.

I like this, it's even better than the Brynnistas going back to their site to tell each other how they told someone off; this Jonayla's talking to herself about it. Hey girl, we're over here, come and tell us what you think.

Oh and PS. HOW do you know the origins of all the posters in the forums?

This is hilarious.  I can't wait for the next installment from the prima donna.

Oh, and she "knows" we're all Americans, because she just knows these things and is never, ever wrong.  Even though I'm an Aussie.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 March 15, 01:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the Northen Americans are the rudest (yes, even Canadians)

It can't just be me who found this a rather stupid thing to say. Last time I checked North America and Canada were two totally different countries.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 March 15, 01:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the Northen Americans are the rudest (yes, even Canadians)

It can't just be me who found this a rather stupid thing to say. Last time I checked North America and Canada were two totally different countries.

As far as I was aware, North America and the United States of America, did not mean the same thing. Canada is still North America, even with as much as Canadians would love to distance themselves from us.

Edit: to remove an "I" and an "N", because I forgot what I was writting mid sentance again. Ewww.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 15, 01:36:37 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 March 15, 01:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, morriganrant, that's what they tell us North Americans.

Any blog that doesn't accept comments is immediately on my "DO NOT WANT" list. Not only is the author only talking to themselves, but they show complete disregard to the opinions of others.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 March 15, 01:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any blog that doesn't accept comments is immediately on my "DO NOT WANT" list. Not only is the author only talking to themselves, but they show complete disregard to the opinions of others.

Indeed, what is the point of a publicly accessed Diary? I could see it if it was the blog of some famous person, their fans actually get a kick out of reading them. Some random kid on the web is just silly, you might as well type them out on Documents on your PC if you are going to disable comments. If you don't like the comments they leave, then you tell them off, I should hope that you have a good enough argument to back up your side.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 March 15, 02:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I was aware, North America and the United States of America, did not mean the same thing. Canada is still North America, even with as much as Canadians would love to distance themselves from us.

I guess that makes me a "real North American", since I was born in Canada and live in the States. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Hejira
Asinine Airhead

Unable to breed three generations for some reason.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 March 15, 03:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, um, she's not a spoilt little rich girl? Even though she said so?

That makes her a big fat LIAR. I'll get the petrol.

Yeah, I said petrol. That's what we call 'gasoline' in Australia.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 March 15, 03:21:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Hejira.  Get the Petrol.  We have official permission to BBQ the thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: