More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 14:12:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger  (Read 32701 times)
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?

View Profile WWW
Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger
« on: 2008 March 13, 10:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

Starting a new topic here because I didn't find a request forum (yeah, I'm dyslexic, hence lazy search)

I was thinking if there's an block thingy for though bubbles. I hate thought bubbles. Sad I know you SHOULD be able to hide them with ShowHeadliness off - but I'd like it to be permanent. Or at least as long as I play and reset when gameplay end - which ever could be easier to do. I'm making movies and it's really annoying to have to destroy half the takes because of the bubbles/effects/whatevers. ShowHeadlines seems to like to be "on" sometimes anyway. The same goes with plumbbobtoggle.. Smiley

I was also thinking if it's possible to add weather/season changes to ffsdebugger, I love the MOAR! feature.

And badge editing (under Upgrade sim ->) straight to gold.

And skill maxing (all skills up to nine lvls or something like that)

Oh oh oh and if it could be possible to add temperature fixing in ffsdebugger as well? It's hard to shoot anything when the "actors" are having heat strokes all the time (or freezing their hineys)... (meaning resetting temperature to green manually)

I know these features can be found on various hack objects/hacks/stuffets, but it would be very convenient to find them "all-in-one"

Thanks for reading.  Kiss

And If I'm really as stupid as I think and have had this fine thing slipped of my range, please point me to the right direction..

EDIT: explained
« Last Edit: 2008 March 13, 10:43:19 by jonayla » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Wish: Fix some useless features.. and something about FFSdebugger
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 13, 10:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch backs veerrry sloowly and carefully away from this thread.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 13, 11:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch backs veerrry sloowly and carefully away from this thread.

No need for that.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 13, 11:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to do one thing for you before the carnage commences:

userStartup.cheat

Go ye forth unto the internet and search on that phrase.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 13, 11:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado doesn't take requests. He only has great ideas he is glad he thought of.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 13, 11:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado isn't into cheating to make the game easier.  Many of his hacks are designed to make the game more challenging (e.g. harderjobs, no20Khandout), not less challenging.  He is extremely unlikely to make hacks that will max out skills and badges without any effort.

Your best bet is to ask in the WCIF thread if anyone knows of hacks that will do the things you are looking for.  Insim provides at least some of the features you are looking for, but hasn't been updated yet for Free Time.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 13, 12:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you do all these things with testingcheatsenabled?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 13, 12:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One approach I have been thinking about is that each of those bubbles and stuff is an image stored in a file.  It should be possible to replace all those images with nothingness.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 13, 12:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Features that are trivially performed in-game will never be a part of the Lot Debugger. They are just not necessary. For instance, skill maximizing...why? Just turn on debug mode, click, and drag to taste. No hack is required. So why should I waste time redundantly coding a trivial feature that already exists? Badge Editing: Spawn the Badge Juicer. No hack required. Temperature Fixing: Will consider. It'll probably be more aimed towards setting the local temperature and not towards adjusting sim temperature, though. Because it would be funny to set it to "Heat From Hell" for the heck of it. But basically, if a non-hack does it, I'm not going to bother adding it, it would be a waste of effort to reproduce what was trivially included in the game itself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
quasim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 13, 12:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the heat issue I'm using Inge Jones' Air Conditioner (for my gym-rooms) it works perfectly well. I don't know if it's usable outdoors though. The Air-Conditioner in conjuction with Inge's "Ceiling Object Hider" works perfectly for me.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 13, 13:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't work outside.  Air conditioners tend not to.  My approach is diametrically different from Pescado's, I try to make realistic hacks, not wreak armageddon or utopia Cheesy

However, like in real life, it makes the Sims aware that they can go indoors and stand near the air conditioner until they are a comfortable temperature again.   In my game they always do so in time before they collapse.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 13, 14:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to do one thing for you before the carnage commences:

userStartup.cheat

Go ye forth unto the internet and search on that phrase.

For what I know, ShowHeadLines off has to be applied on every sim individually. Putting it on userStartup.cheat won't do the trick. Or didn't do for me. If someone managed to do it, great for them.

Temperature Fixing: Will consider.

kthanksbye  Grin

No it doesn't work outside.  Air conditioners tend not to.

If we had a real-life air conditioner, we'd have no green house effect Smiley

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 13, 15:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't work outside.  Air conditioners tend not to.  My approach is diametrically different from Pescado's, I try to make realistic hacks, not wreak armageddon or utopia Cheesy

However, like in real life, it makes the Sims aware that they can go indoors and stand near the air conditioner until they are a comfortable temperature again.   In my game they always do so in time before they collapse.
Inge I love your air conditioners works great for gyms.  I was wondering, if it doesn't work outside then will it not work for the pleasant's atic room, I was thinking that would help because I have tryed everything to keep them from freezing and overheating in there--Stupid EAxis!!!  On the debugger mode,  it would be awesome to be able to respawn pet graves--:)  The respawner is invaluable to me since I have lost all my graves twice.  But it doesn't seem possible to get a pet's tomb back.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 13, 16:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting a new topic here because I didn't find a request forum (yeah, I'm dyslexic, hence lazy search)

I CANNOT believe that no one has poked you with a very sharp, pointy stick for this most asinine of comments.

People! We have standards here at MATY, do we not? This noob has admitted to two cardinal sins: laziness and the "excuse" of dyslexia! If we do not poke with sharp pointy sticks, it will be glomping and emoties next!

Please, won't someone think of MATY?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 13, 17:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant seem to stress this enough online or IRL.  YOU'LL NEVER FIND SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THERE!

*request forum bold by me*

ISFJ
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 13, 17:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The insiminator does all of these things. Why are you here?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 13, 19:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Process Denied, I already tried the conditioner in the attic rooms at the Pleasants and you're quite right they don't work for that reason.  So I rebuilt the walls in their house that were attic walls, and that did the trick.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 13, 20:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I CANNOT believe that no one has poked you with a very sharp, pointy stick for this most asinine of comments.

People! We have standards here at MATY, do we not? This noob has admitted to two cardinal sins: laziness and the "excuse" of dyslexia! If we do not poke with sharp pointy sticks, it will be glomping and emoties next!

Please, won't someone think of MATY?
I'm sorry! I can help....

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 13, 21:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jonayla, is it?  Ok.  First things first.  Have you READ THE DAMN FAQ FOR MATY?  Secondly, shameless begging and premade excuses are not ok.  Thirdly, Dyslexia is a condition, but LAZINESS is a crime.  Grow up, search, and try again.  We'll be waiting with pointed sticks in hand.  This is your warning.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 13, 22:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a pony and a million dollars. I bet I'll get my request first!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 13, 22:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOh, you're a brave one, Joyayla. . . keep this in mind for next time. . .

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 13, 22:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't be bothered to give the overhaul that's deserved here, so I'll just post some macros as well.

Read the FAQ

http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 14, 05:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you implying that my hacks aren't realistic? The Lot Debugger's temperature adjuster isn't meant for creating armageddon or utopia. It's purely a debugging aid. It's not meant to represent or cause anything. When I make an actual THING, it is generally meant to emulate some manner of realism, or at least consistency.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 14, 09:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*cough*Smite*cough*

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 14, 11:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha, you guys are so funny!  Cheesy

This is the best forum I've ever visited! It's full of flamers who think better of themselves and will actually waste their own time sending posts that either state that they're actually like that in real life OR they think anonymity excuses all manners and would - instead of showing their intelligence and knowledge - let other people hope it's not someone who you know in real life... I hope you people don't have kids, I wouldn't want to see them grow up like you.. Or at least let's hope your behavior is like this only online.

Keep sending nasty replies, so I can waste my time reading them! Thanks for daddy's trust fund, I'm able to.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: