More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 17:06:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPe is released for FT and Castaways
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPe is released for FT and Castaways  (Read 7439 times)
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
SimPe is released for FT and Castaways
« on: 2008 March 11, 23:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Went to the site to check on CEP, which I am desperate to have, and found the new SimPe .66

http://sims.ambertation.de/

Good Simming,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: SimPe is released for FT and Castaways
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 12, 00:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was fast, thanks for the info.

I'm still using the CEP from before FT and it seems to work fine. Even the toilet cubicle EAxis recolours still work (I seem to remember every other expansion pack causing these to break if CEP was used).
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 12, 08:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use the CEP from the SImPE site as it's out of date.  Get the one from MTS2

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 12, 09:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks very much for this! The CEP on modthesims is from december 2007, is that one still the most recent?

This is great!
hugs,
Skye
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 12, 12:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the place where Numenor keeps it actively updated so I am certain whatever you see in that thread is whatever there is.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 12, 16:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it this a.m. got it installed. Everything is working. Thanks for the heads up on using the older CEP

Good Simming,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 12, 17:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CEP has not been updated for FreeTime yet, but it is okay to use it in your FreeTime game.

Inge, damn you guys are fast. :p I am amazed, especially since the last wait.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 12, 23:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't if It's a simpe bug or not, or just a few coincidence. I installed the new Simpe. My FT test family had a glitch a while back and one of the toddlers became stuck with a baby tag. Old story, toddler body acts like a baby. I used Simpe to change the child to it's normal age. The box said she was a child, I'll wager that is because of all of my attempts to fix her in game. I set her as toddler. Commit to change, then close Simpe to open up Freetime. When I try to open the house of the family. My game completely freezes. I figure that I did something wrong with Simpe somehow or something just went wrong and go to overwrite the files with my back up. Everything overwrites fine except for the Character folder. I try a few more times, no go, I finally narrow it down to 1 character file as the issue. It's only one file that keeps giving the "file in use" error. I restarted the PC and finally got it to replace the old one. Not sure if the "in use" error because of the way the game closed or Simpe. But FreeTime was not in my processes at the time of the attempted copy, Simpe was closed completely as well, but I had only changed one File with Simpe and it seems a little strange that only one file was the issue.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 13, 09:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could have been a stuck Sims 2 process.  If it was Sims 2 that was erroring that seems the more likely.

quasim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 13, 13:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIR SimPE makes backup copies of all edited files. Did you try setting the age of the toddler and growing him up with Insimenator?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 14, 01:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIR SimPE makes backup copies of all edited files. Did you try setting the age of the toddler and growing him up with Insimenator?

It wasn't a toddler, it was a toddler that thought it was a baby. It would have needed a sim to "help with birthday" regardless of what I used because the game thought it was a baby. Every time a sim went near the brat they errored.

It could have been a stuck Sims 2 process.  If it was Sims 2 that was erroring that seems the more likely.
Ehh, I just know that only one file was giving and issue and the house froze on load and neither sims or simpe were in my processes at the time. I'm about to scrap that neighborhood from aggravation. I may try to have a look at that one character file though, see who's it is just for the hell of it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 14, 01:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wasn't a toddler, it was a toddler that thought it was a baby. It would have needed a sim to "help with birthday" regardless of what I used because the game thought it was a baby. Every time a sim went near the brat they errored.
If it's REALLY not cooperating, try forcing an error to get the baby's object ID, and then using the Frobnicate option to edit its age field manually.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 14, 01:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's REALLY not cooperating, try forcing an error to get the baby's object ID, and then using the Frobnicate option to edit its age field manually.

I have never attempted that, I might as well try that option now to test how dumb I am. If I manage to mess up something with the kid, then I was prepared to scrap the hood anyway and replace it with the EAxis default anyway.

Edit: I think it is now just a bad lot, I keep getting freezes and the lot seems to object to being loaded. I've replaced the hood.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 16, 00:50:09 by morriganrant » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: