More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 05:52:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  TSS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSS  (Read 6716 times)
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
TSS
« on: 2008 April 13, 03:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I finally got Teen Style Stuff because some of it looked pretty cool.

Go to install it, it decides it needs to patch which apparently I forgot to patch seasons and pets. Okay, Pets tries to patch, fails. Then it tries to patch Seasons, fails and so the install fails.

So I tried to download the patches from the site, both pets and seasons failed.

Is this because I have BV installed?

With broken wings, we'll fly away
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: TSS
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 13, 04:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, having BV has nothing to do with it.  More likely, you've changed something in the game files, such as making your objects.package read-only.  When the patch process throws an error, it usually tells you which file is causing the problem.  You may have to move the main patch window to see the error window.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 13, 04:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I completely forgot about doing that. I kind of feel like a retard.

I went through and undid that but it's still not working. The file causing the problem is the misc.package in the sound directory. I don't.. think I've ever done anything there. It's not read-only or anything.

I'd reinstall or steal the correct file off the cd but my cds are loaned out at the moment.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 13, 06:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I'd reinstall or steal the correct file off the cd but my cds are loaned out at the moment."

We'll allow you a moment to contemplate what you just said.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 14, 18:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.utorrent.com/
http://www.thepiratebay.org

Torrenting your games may take longer than getting your disks back, depending on your internet connection, internet provider (hint: turn on protocol encryption), and friends.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 14, 19:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think getting the torrents is the problem. OP is playing the game, but doesn't have the CDs. That means OP is using the NoCD patch, and trying to patch/upgrade the game.

Remove the NoCD patch, replace the original EXE, patch the game, put in the proper NoCD patch, then install.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 14, 19:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patches for Pets and Seasons should not touch the BV exe.  Further, to install BV, the OP must have reinstated the original exe files, yes?  (And I will point and laugh if the OP put the no-CD cracks back in, because in that setup, they would only be needed for BV.)  If that's the case, reinstalling or getting the files from the CD (or the torrent's virtual CD) will be needed.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 14, 19:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV is currently installed, according to the OP. The OP was playing the game w/o the CDs, tried to install Teen Style, was told to patch, patch fails, probably because of the non-EAxis BV EXE. If BV was not installed, this might have made a difference, but it is... so that's probably the problem.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 14, 19:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, considering the borkiness of TSS (issues with strange trees, etc.), the OP may wish to torrent a copy of FT and load that and run from the FT no-cd.  FT also has a full range of Awesomeware to support it.

Tribulatio proxima est
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 15, 21:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Pets and Seasons have their normal exes and the exes were not the ones causing the problem. Though, BV patched fine and may have had its no-cd exe. I can't recall. What I ended up doing was installing FT then TSS.

Though it makes absolutely no sense to me why with FT installed, it doesn't bother to update.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 16, 02:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should replace all no-cd .exe files with the original .exe files and then patch.  Then put back your FT no-cd crack.  That is the generally recommended method, IIRC.  You will only need the no-cd from FT anyway as the .exe from BV is no longer accessed.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: