More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:20:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I need help with bluewater village
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I need help with bluewater village  (Read 6501 times)
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
I need help with bluewater village
« on: 2008 March 06, 00:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In open for business.  Somehow I've lost it, and lost the template to create it.  Can you tell me how to fix it?

May all your fears & worries come true.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: I need help with bluewater village
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 06, 00:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SaraMK has some template replacements over in Peasantry, they are modified though and may not be of any use to you.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 06, 00:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do not have a neighborhood file in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate?

For the EA default template, all I can say is to pull out your OFB cd, open it up and pull the files out of there to replace the missing one.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 06, 00:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to find it on the disk.

Edit.  I found it.  It was in a winzip file.

Edit #2  I put that B001 neighborhood file from the CD to its place in Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

I try to put in bluewater village and it's not there.  Just an option to add a new business district and all the maps for a blank district are available.   Now what do I do?
« Last Edit: 2008 March 06, 00:33:47 by FourCats » Logged

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 06, 00:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to put in bluewater village and it's not there.  Just an option to add a new business district and all the maps for a blank district are available.   Now what do I do?

If that is the case, then there may be something more wrong then just a missing template. You could try replacing more of the OFB files with the ones from the cd. It may need a patch after that though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 06, 00:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this going to be more work than reinstalling?  And I do have the arr version of free time and teen style stuff.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 06, 00:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More work? Not really. You just pull out the files into the correct sims 2 ep folder and unzip anything that needs unzipping. If you feel that you may mess something up by getting the files in the wrong place then a reinstall may be more to your liking. It is fairly easy to do though, I've done it and to avoid confusion I did groups of files at a time.
What would FT or TSS have to do with OFB? Unless you are using a nocd key, it may have been made improperly, but usually in those cases you know right away.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 06, 01:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I do have a no-cd crack.  I got it from game copy world.
I'll just replace files till I get it working, then.   I'm guessing the file path in the game and the file path on the cd would be the same?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 06, 01:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I do have a no-cd crack.  I got it from game copy world.
I'll just replace files till I get it working, then.   I'm guessing the file path in the game and the file path on the cd would be the same?

Yes, if they aren't then I have no idea how I might have bumbled my way through it. Thee are no instructions anywhere telling you how to do this.

lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 06, 11:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you put the B001 folder in from the CD, make sure you don't overwrite the original. Delete the one you have, whether it's supposed to be a default replacement, or whether it's just corrupt in some way, and replace it with the new one.
Otherwise, can you tell us anything you were doing that might have lost it, your "somehow" is a little too vague! Wink
If we knew it might be relevant you see...

I know nothing about cracks, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it if they affect the files.

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 06, 17:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know nothing about cracks, I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it if they affect the files.
I only mentioned the cracks because a badly made crack can cause missing options. The one that I've seen most people encounter is missing build and buy modes.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 06, 19:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you put the B001 folder in from the CD, make sure you don't overwrite the original. Delete the one you have, whether it's supposed to be a default replacement, or whether it's just corrupt in some way, and replace it with the new one.

Ok,  I did that.

Otherwise, can you tell us anything you were doing that might have lost it, your "somehow" is a little too vague! Wink
If we knew it might be relevant you see...

Ok.  I downloaded and installed free time and teen style stuff.  I also downloaded and put in my game a copy of the merged neighborhood.  There are directions somewhere on this site on how to make one.   I found an already merged neighborhood including all the maxis made neighborhoods in one.  I downloaded that and put it in my game after deleting all the maxis neighborhoods.  I've been testing my downloads in my game a few at a time to see what works and what doesn't, but bluewater village disappeared before I started putting the downloads back in.  When I installed free time and teen style stuff, I moved my sims 2 folder from downloads to my desktop to start fresh. 

I only mentioned the cracks because a badly made crack can cause missing options. The one that I've seen most people encounter is missing build and buy modes.

If I have bad crack how do I know it?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 06, 19:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have bad crack how do I know it?

You replace it with another and see if the problem persists. I have a no-cd in my sig if you need to try that.

FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 06, 19:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks,  that didn't work.  So I guess I'll get busy on replacing files.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 06, 21:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought... You can't add Bluewater to the same 'hood twice.  I just wondered if your game thinks you've already added Bluewater to the 'hood you're looking at.  Can you add it to another 'hood? 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 07, 00:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a thought... You can't add Bluewater to the same 'hood twice.  I just wondered if your game thinks you've already added Bluewater to the 'hood you're looking at.  Can you add it to another 'hood? 

no I don't think so.

but I did manage to fix it, by uninstalling and reinstalling OFB only.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: