More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:56:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Headmaster trouble
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Headmaster trouble  (Read 4985 times)
Kangals
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Headmaster trouble
« on: 2008 March 05, 04:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs and SPs installed and the 2nd BV patch. No CC except for some Maxiod stuff from the official site and no hacks. My Sims 2 folder was generated after the installation of BV. I cannot get the headmaster scenario to work - he gets invited, arrives and freezes. Need to use moveobjects to delete. I am totally not awesome and really would like some assistance of the totally hold-my-hand-and-walk-me-through kind.  Angry

Some things, we do because we have to, some things, we do because we want to, but some things we just do!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Headmaster trouble
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 05, 04:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the lot debugger and 'fix' the Headmaster by deleting schedules. Never save after calling the headmaster and him leaving.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 05, 04:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, the option is actually under "Nuke..."
Kangals
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 05, 05:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your prompt replies but I may need futher assistance - I am off to find 'the lot debugger' and try - scary for me as I am only playing my legacy family and, although I haven't got vey far less I actually LIKE this family! (All previous attempts to do the legacy challenge have been aborted as I found I couldn't care less about any of them!!!!)

Some things, we do because we have to, some things, we do because we want to, but some things we just do!
Kangals
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 05, 07:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, thank you, thank you - also to the maker of the lot debugger. It worked and Ariel is now in private school - my very first simchild to make it! (Cannot imagine why I always failed before as it was ridiculously easy!) I like this family more and more!

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 05, 10:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it funny how that happens? Sometimes you put together a family, tailor them to your own tastes, and they just don't interest you at all. But then later something with a new fam just clicks, and suddenly it's fun again. I know I've actually enjoyed my sim families a lot more since I stopped trying to make their lives run perfectly... now I enjoy the occasional hiccup (or outright crisis, even better!).

Glad you were able to sort the Headmaster - he can be a touchy little bugger.  Tongue

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 05, 12:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs and SPs installed and the 2nd BV patch. No CC except for some Maxiod stuff from the official site and no hacks.
MORE AWESOME THAN YOU: Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 05, 15:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having headmaster freezing issues too, though, and I never save until I'm ready to stop playing or something important happens - certainly never in the middle of the headmaster scenario. I managed to delete him and nuke the borked scenario but twice now he's frozen at different spots waiting for someone to chat with him - he doesn't seem to be dropping cancelled or completed actions from his queue normally?

INFP or something
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 05, 23:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried the headmaster scenario since installing FreeTime, but this thread reminded me of an issue I have had with him since Bon Voyage.

Everytime he tries to use a sink for his coffee cup (expresso) the sink resets and he goes Poof!  It's really annoying, so I try to avoid it, but various things keep happening to stop him using the dishwasher, or I just forget to install one.  I know the cheapest kitchen sink used to error a lot at one point but this issue with the HM only started with BV.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: