More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 18:16:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Secondary Aspiration bonuses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Secondary Aspiration bonuses  (Read 6266 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Secondary Aspiration bonuses
« on: 2008 March 05, 06:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chose a secondary aspiration for my sim and could choose all 4 bonuses for him. I thought you weren't able to choose the last bonus for a SecAsp, in this case the Grilled Cheese 'conjure' thing. Have I broken something?

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Secondary Aspiration bonuses
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 05, 07:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am only able to choose three bonuses - the first is being able to choose a secondary aspiration, then three bonuses that someone with that asp as a first choice would have.  For example, when I chose a secondary aspiration of family, I could select up to the plead with social worker thing, but didn't get the twins 'bonus' that a Family sim would have. 

I have not chosen the grilled cheese aspiration as a secondary one yet though. I do have a sim whose LTA points I haven't spent yet, so I'll go see what happens..

ETA: Chose a secondary asp of grilled cheese, then was able to select bottomless stomach, slower bladder and finally paint grilled cheese - no conjuring. 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 05, 09:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, something was wrong there then Cheesy

Do sims keep bonuses once the aspiration has been reset, because I was fiddling around with this sim trying out stuff and he was originally a GC sim with a SA of Knowledge and could do the conjuring...now he is a fortune with GC secondary. It is Jason Larson from Bluewater. I was playing with the Lot debugger to give him the extra missed bonus points and upgrade his pre-uni status. Maybe something got muddled. I'll try again with his sister.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 05, 15:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I can only choose 3 bonuses but Jason could still do the conjure thing-I assumed that it was the last bonus I chose as his SA. I was obviously wrong. I went in-game, he could still conjure. Exited game, cleared groups.cache (the only thing I could think of doing) went back in-he can no longer do it. Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 05, 16:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that the conjuration ability is cached and does not go away until you reload the lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 05, 18:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that the conjuration ability is cached and does not go away until you reload the lot.

Probably. I'm going to see if I can do it again Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 05, 18:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with a secondary Knowledge aspiration can choose the alien-summoning benefit, which is a top-level main aspiration benefit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 06, 04:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh you mean like an electronic hitch-hiker's thumb? :p Do they get a book with the large red friendly 'Don't Panic' on the front too?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 06, 04:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if they have their towels handy.  Tongue

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 06, 18:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assigned my first secondary aspiration to a YA sim at uni.  She was romance, and was very "keen" on "fulfilling wants" ("eh? eh? say no more").  I gave her a knowledge secondary aspiration and now she likes ants, telescopes, logic skilling, and the knee-slapping dance.  However, she no longer seems interested in...you know.  She's too young for this sort of behaviour.

She no longer seems to roll romance wants, although her fears of marriage seem typical.  I suppose if wants are randomly generated, romance ones will come back.  I'll try rerolling wants with the debugger to see what happens.  I just think that at least one of your wants should relate to your primary aspiration.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 06, 18:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that scoping the room tends to kick-start talk and flirt wants, so you might try that. It's about the only way I can get my Knowledge sim to want to interact with humanity. She's either focused on the ground (bugs! Yay!) or the sky (ancestors with probes).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 06, 19:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if some aspirations as secondaries are more obsessive than others. With the grilled cheese aspiration being the most obsessive and seeming to completely override the primary aspiration.

I also wonder if some of this obsessiveness is related to the sims personality. In other words the obsessed secondary knowledge sim mentioned above - if they are quite shy? Would this then contribute to their continual rolling of secondary aspiration wants?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 06, 20:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a fortune sim that never wants to do anything but jump on couches and juggle bottles (Pleasure is obviously his secondary aspiration).

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 07, 02:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that scoping the room tends to kick-start talk and flirt wants, so you might try that. It's about the only way I can get my Knowledge sim to want to interact with humanity. She's either focused on the ground (bugs! Yay!) or the sky (ancestors with probes).

Kthx, I'll try that.  I know if I just changed her to knowledge she'd do nothing but flirt and woohoo - my knowledge sims are the most ignorant lot, while the romance sims seem very keen on study and reading (and cleaning).  Perhaps it starts as a need to have a neat "love pad" for hosting conquests, and a need to kick start seductions by having something interesting to say, but then it just takes over and the next thing you know, they're obsessed with bettering themselves, when they should be leading normal lives of debauchery.

But I digress...

I expect the "takeover" of her SA is temporary and can be expunged.  Doesn't help that her one true hobby is science, which leads to knowledge and learning, rather than "dancing", so to speak.  Sort of reinforces the unfortunate pattern. Grin

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: