More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:08:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Old School Maxis: Reprised. Now MOAR Awesome.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Old School Maxis: Reprised. Now MOAR Awesome.  (Read 8051 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Old School Maxis: Reprised. Now MOAR Awesome.
« on: 2008 July 26, 23:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking again at this offering in Peasantry and wondered if I could rectify some of the unawesome aspects of the design.

The wrap around porch had to go for a start ... unless one is prepared to concrete over the entire back yard to stop the strays digging it up. I tried putting a gate across it, but that just looked stoopid.

petrifedtim's design was somewhat lacking in visual appeal, and it clearly lacked awesomeness. It was also evident that he had not paid much attention to working the architecture around that big side window.

My main concern was to emulate the original L-shaped staircase, without using hacks or cheats. (And damn Maxis for showing an L&P image of something they dropped and never revived!)

The stairs are closed off at the top, to keep visitors off the upper floor. In play testing an earlier design I had no serious problems with visitors trying to use the chess board on the mezzanine balcony. The cellar is likewise protected. The one bath is sited correctly for washing flithy canines. Pescado types may replace the kitchen archeway with a lockable door. Me? I feed my guests and never let a nanny near the place. Roll Eyes The nursery/master bedroom complex at the rear is easily ramped up in awesomeness by adding a simple 2x2 cubby hole should the residents family be plagued by twins

uneaxified.zip

Requires at least NL and OFB.

3 Custom content items are included:
  • one wall (one of mine: a painted finish: Chintzy Lil's Marvelous Magnolia)
  • an offset column for the porches by someone or other.
  • I left in Numenor's recolorable stairs package, because I forgot to remove it and I'm too idle to upload another copy without it.

If you don't want the CC, use Clean Installer to remove it before installing.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Old School Maxis: Reprised. Now MOAR Awesome.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 26, 23:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this a lot.  It looks like a great house for a large-ish family, and good potential for some landscaping on a decent sized lot.  Nice, Mirelly.

Tribulatio proxima est
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 27, 00:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have three generations, plus a breeding pair o' filthy mutts in my test version.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 27, 01:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it too, Mirelly. The porch is especially nice, and the exterior design/decor will fit in well with my 'hood.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
BirmanKat
Asinine Airhead

Itinerant Lab Rat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 06, 17:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good.  I personally would have left in the wraparound porch, but that might be just me.  Good use of space and fantastic color selection.  This will be a good addition to my party families.  Thank you

Birman Kat

All Empty templates are hosted on my site with permission of the makers of them.  Go to  K and B Designs at http://kandbdesigns.vndv.com/index.html    and go to Template area.  They are sorted for you.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 07, 23:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mirelly, has your avatar disappeared?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: