More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 14:11:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Obsessive Diary-Writing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Obsessive Diary-Writing  (Read 27623 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Obsessive Diary-Writing
« Reply #50 on: 2008 March 06, 18:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know we don't take requests here at MATY but this is just too important and it's ruining the fun of the game. Hats off again to EAxis screwing it up once more Angry. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF AWSOMENESS!!! Could somebody tell me if this obsessive diary writing will be taken care of before I nuke my Sims into space. I just can't wait for the next patch to arrive (I am so impatient lol). This is one of those things I have never understood why it was put into the game in the first place Huh. If it was something useful then it would make some sense. I am just getting sick and tired of my adult Sims acting like fourteen year old girls.

Gamblor's melodramatic histrionics - let him show you them.

It's a bunch of pixel people sitting down and writing in a book, not the end of civilization as we know it.  A sense of perspective is so important.

Tribulatio proxima est
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 March 06, 18:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just getting sick and tired of my adult Sims acting like fourteen twelve year old girls.

There is no 14, only 12. Fixed.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 March 06, 21:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know we don't take requests here at MATY but this is just too important and it's ruining the fun of the game. Hats off again to EAxis screwing it up once more Angry. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF AWSOMENESS!!! Could somebody tell me if this obsessive diary writing will be taken care of before I nuke my Sims into space. I just can't wait for the next patch to arrive (I am so impatient lol). This is one of those things I have never understood why it was put into the game in the first place Huh. If it was something useful then it would make some sense. I am just getting sick and tired of my adult Sims acting like fourteen year old girls.

Gamblor's melodramatic histrionics - let him show you them.

It's a bunch of pixel people sitting down and writing in a book, not the end of civilization as we know it.  A sense of perspective is so important.

I wouldn't mind a bookshelf without diaries at all, though.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 March 06, 21:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sense of perspective is so important.

A sense of illogical importance the way I see it. Tongue I just looking for a no autonomous hack for it.

A Sims Nightmare!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 March 06, 23:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liz: Don't tell people not to fight with me; where am I going to get my lulz?

I am SO going to write about this in my diary.

Nice one, Rohina  Cheesy

The main problem I have about the diary thing (okay, aside from the way some idjit sim will whip it out in the middle of the dorm, then spend the next half hour gasping and smooshing it into their boobs because, "Oh, noes! Mah sekrits!") is that it's so pointless. The motives boost is nominal at best, and they all write the same bloody thing. BBQ grill, teddy bear, random person I spoke to once 3 seasons ago, lawn gnone. Repeat ad nauseam. If they at least wrote about people they actually *know* or were attracted to, or tidbits they'd heard through gossip, it might be vaguely point-ful, but it's the same thing every time.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 March 07, 01:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever looked at the "diary"? I repeat my poking of one of my more insane sims, Charisma. "It's an encyclopedia, you freak!"

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 March 07, 03:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess he's still lurking here, because TJ posted a 'no autonomous diary' hack over on the inteen site about 3 hours ago. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 March 07, 05:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you TJ. Grin

A Sims Nightmare!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 March 07, 05:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think TJ's awesome, even though he got brynnesided.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 March 07, 05:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SIGH

There is only One True sims site.

Read: I am lazy.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 March 07, 14:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the diary and computer problem before FT came out. I actually have been trying to make non autonomous files that would stop some of the more annoying behaviors, ie writing in the diary or just reading and also with the computers the play, chat and i think a few others. Unfortunatly the computer on just isnt working. I also did the same thing to fridges and tubs and bars. Pretty much anything that would get on my nerves that i couldnt find a hack to fix.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 March 07, 15:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anti-autonomy is practically an exercise in futility, like an ongoing whack-a-mole. I suggest the allegedly-portable fist approach to things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 March 15, 00:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the diary and computer problem before FT came out. I actually have been trying to make non autonomous files that would stop some of the more annoying behaviors, ie writing in the diary or just reading and also with the computers the play, chat and i think a few others. Unfortunatly the computer on just isnt working. I also did the same thing to fridges and tubs and bars. Pretty much anything that would get on my nerves that i couldnt find a hack to fix.

Dizzy has a no playing on the computer hack which I use and it seems to work fine, can't remember where it's posted now but I followed a link from this site to find it so a search would probably bring it up.

The problem with no autonomy hacks is that as you squish each action the sims fall back on the next one and that one becomes annoying requiring it to be squished as well so the sims fall back on another and the cycle continues until you might as well just turn free will off. Currently my sims are obsessed with looking at paintings/sculptures/kitchen cabinets etc. to the point where they will do it even if they are about to piss themselves.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 March 15, 11:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with no autonomy hacks is that as you squish each action the sims fall back on the next one and that one becomes annoying requiring it to be squished as well so the sims fall back on another and the cycle continues until you might as well just turn free will off. Currently my sims are obsessed with looking at paintings/sculptures/kitchen cabinets etc. to the point where they will do it even if they are about to piss themselves.

They even do that without any anti autonomoy hacks. I noticed the same thing. I had only one sim trying to write his diary in the last few days, while several others suddenly became art critics.

Well, mostly I had a sex-crazed suicidal Servo, but that's a different story. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: