More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:43:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making a 2nd Desiderata Valley to play
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making a 2nd Desiderata Valley to play  (Read 3072 times)
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Making a 2nd Desiderata Valley to play
« on: 2008 March 07, 17:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got my game all installed, except I was so anxious I see if my game would run on the computer I didn't install my normal looking face templates before running the game. Now everyone is "fugly" in the valley.

Neighborhood 1 is newly installed FT Desiderata Valley and  neighborhood 2 is Season's Riverbloosom I have been playing. I would like to install the Free Time hood again as Neighborhood 3 so I can have normal looking Sims for the first time. I tried copying the neighborhood from c:/EAMaxis/FT/Data/Res/Neighborhood template, F2. My current hood is named F1 and when I tried installing it as hood 3, the game would not let me install the original valley terrain with Sims and houses It said I could only install the Sims.

So, do I need to rename the origjnal hood, or copy the template files from someplace else? I know I installed Pleasantville over and over (with and without houses and Sims)  so there should be no reason why I can't do this....please help.

Thanks,
Good Simming
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Making a 2nd Desiderata Valley to play
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 07, 18:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need to keep the original Desiderata Valley for some reason?
If not, this should work as it does to reset any other Maxis neighborhood, but I haven't tried it yet with FT. Go to your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods and delete F001. Then *copy* the F001 from your Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods.(*Not* NeighborhoodTemplates)

The F001 in NeighborhoodTemplates is the default the game uses to provide Desiderata Valley, you don't need to use that one. The one in the Program Files\rest of the file path above\Neighbohoods folder has the playable neighborhood. If your templates are in, I don't use them so I'm not sure, will resetting it like that be enough to make the sims acceptable to you?
Another way would be to rename your My Documents/EA Games folder and restart the game. That will give you a fresh copy of all neighborhoods. You could again delete the Desiderata in your game and replace it with the F001 from this new game. This last way keeps the neighborhood story, I don't know for sure but I've been told copying the neighborhood from Program files loses the story...if that's important to you.
Then delete the new EA games folder and rename yours back to say EA Games.
Otherwise if you do need the original F001 kept there, any replacement for it to make it the third neighborhood has to be completely renamed, the F001 folder itself and every other folder or file inside that that has F001 in it's name has to carry the number you want it known by. If every file is not renumbered correctly the neighborhood will not show up in the menu, I use this program to rename/number neighborhoods. http://www.antp.be/software/renamer

My current hood is named F1 and when I tried installing it as hood 3, the game would not let me install the original valley terrain with Sims and houses It said I could only install the Sims.

I'm not clear on what you mean there, unless it said that because you had copied the F001 from the wrong place. Undecided

Please note: The original neighborhood folder you no longer want has to be deleted before replacing it from the My Documents part of your game, not from the Program files. If you try to overwrite it that can lose sims and/or lots and cause problems. And you need to copy folders from Program files, the game needs the originals kept there.

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Making a 2nd Desiderata Valley to play
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 08, 03:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lechapeau, thanks so much.

Got new FT hood installed with no problems.

Good Simming,

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: