More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:25:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Updating CC for FT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updating CC for FT  (Read 157621 times)
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Updating CC for FT
« on: 2008 March 02, 07:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was able to get all the new options on custom computers by replacing the TTAB and TTAs (a la updating fridges for Seasons).

I then tried the same thing for bookcases and have run into a glitch. It sort of works: sims can read the new book types but the options to discuss and study parenting aren't available. There are also two "read book" options on the bookcase; one opens the options for the new book types, the other directs the sim to take the same old book off the shelf. Finally, the option to read a custom novel is always available (the sim just pulls out the old green book though) but if a custom novel is placed on the shelf, it's swallowed up, never to be retrieved again. Obviously, something else needs to be replaced in addition to the TTAB and TTAs but what?

On another note, custom easels, pianos, game consoles, and pool tables don't give a sim enthusiasm points in their respective hobbies (although other custom object types, like chess tables and arcade games, do give proper enthusiasm). Any thoughts how to fix this?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Updating CC for FT
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 02, 07:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't try to update my CCs yet, but updating TTAB and TTAs alone might not be enough for bookcase. To sell the books off pre-OFB custom bookcases, you had to add a new BCON, replace BHAV, TTAB, TTAs and OBJf. I wouldn't be surprised if FT requires more tweaking than OFB.

As this thread is now 5 pages long, and informations are scattered all over the entire thread, I edited this post to include quick links to the posts with instructions and required attachments for various type of custom objects. I'll edit this post whenever new information is added.

There is a new similar thread for AL.

Instructions and Updated Resources for updating custom objects to FreeTime

Fridge
Dishwasher
Trash Compactor
Computer (Note: Updated for Uni compatibility)
Stereo (Note: To enable Tinkering in custom stereos, get Argon's Tinker by Proxy GUID hack.)
Bookcase (Note: To run a OFB bookstore with custom bookcases, you need this updated resources as well.)
Baby Changing Table
Gate
Video Game Console
Shower
Television
Bar
Telescope (Note: The flashlight beam for Summon Aliens interaction won't show up.)
Mirror (Note: You must download additional file to make mirrors work correctly. Read the topic for link to the file.)
Easel

How to use "Updated Resources" file

Open your custom object in SimPE. Sometimes you only have to edit one value in OBJD, but in most cases you have to replace pie menus (TTAB and TTAs), replace/add other resources like BHAV, BCON, OBJf, SLOT, STR#.

Download "updated resources" file attached in the post. Resources are grouped by folder. For TTAB and TTAs, there is only one resource for each, so there will be no room for confusion. If there are multiple resources in one folder, you can find the correct resource by the last group of numbers in their filenames.

Take a look at one of the BHAV files, for example.

42484156-00000000-FFFFFFFF-0000100C.simpe

The boldened part indicates the Instance number. Select Behaviour Function (BHAV) in the Resource Tree, find and replace the matching resource with the same instance number in the Resource List window. If you select the "Instance" tab in the Resource List window, you can sort resources by the instance number.
If there is no matching resource with the same instance number, right-click on Resource List window to add them.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 04, 17:24:58 by Lord Darcy » Logged

fatmimi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 02, 10:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For bookcases, it's very simple. You don't need to replace the TTAB and TTAs.

Object Data > Raw Data > Interaction Table ID maybe 1. Change to 3. Commit and save, and..
Now you can study parenting!  Grin

« Last Edit: 2008 March 02, 13:45:16 by fatmimi » Logged
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 02, 12:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For bookcases, it's very simple. You don't need to replace the TTAB and TTAs.

Object Data > Law Raw Data > Interaction Table ID maybe 1. Change to 3. Commit and save, and..
Now you can study parenting!  Grin

Well, that was shockingly simple and seems to work like a charm in my limited testing. Yay! Thank you for the tip... I'd have never looked there!!

Does anyone have any ideas on the no-enthusiasm items? I'm guessing it's at least partially a BHAV issue since all those objects have new BHAV's for FT, but not sure what else is involved or how to fix the BHAVs.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 02, 13:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That's a pleasant surprise. Thank you very much for the information. Cheesy
Reminds me of pre-OFB gates, which can be updated in similar fashion.

To run a bookstore using pre-OFB bookcases, I believe that other resources still need to be updated.

E-double
Asinine Airhead

Aye!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 03, 00:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any info on how you would update CC televisions?  Huh
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 03, 02:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any info on how you would update CC televisions?  Huh

I would also like to know how to do this. Also, if anyone could point me in the direction of some instructions for updating pre-FT computers (or would be patient enough to type them out here), it would be muchly appreciated.

I sing along with elevator music.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 03, 07:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remeber someone made package for updating seasons fridges.
Would be great to have something like this, cause I'm a complete dork in Simpe  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2008 March 26, 08:31:44 by blackcat » Logged
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 03, 08:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least in my experience, TV's don't need to be updated. Once you select "watch," you'll have the option to get a movie and appropriate enthusiasm is gained from watching. The menus just aren't identical to non-CC TV's, but all the functions seem to be there eventually.

As for updating computers, I've attached a file with the needed updates. Just open the computer mesh you want to update in SimPe. Then, select TTAB from the resource list on the left. Right click on "untitled tree table" in the resource list and select replace from the menu. Replace it with the ComputerTTAB.simpe from my files. Say yes when SimPe wants to reload it. Repeat for the TTAs (replace the [Pie Menu Strings] with the provided ComputerTTAs.simpe). Save and test in game, you should have all the new options available.

I've found that I can update pianos and easels to give proper enthusiasm by replacing the BCONs and BHAVs (there are probably specific ones that need to be added to older packages but I'm lazy so I just deleted and replaced all of them), but the same method does not work for pool tables. Anybody have any thoughts on what else on pool tables need to be updated? I only have a couple of them so I think I may just pull the meshes and remake them but bleh.

* ComputerUpdating.rar (14.97 KB - downloaded 1235 times.)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 03, 12:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps if we are all very pathetic persuasive and offer the proper bribes encouragement, jfade could be conned coaxed into making a lovely updater utility like he did for Pets...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 03, 13:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least in my experience, TV's don't need to be updated. Once you select "watch," you'll have the option to get a movie and appropriate enthusiasm is gained from watching. The menus just aren't identical to non-CC TV's, but all the functions seem to be there eventually.

But without updating pie menu, you cannot Tinker TV to gain Mechanical enthusiasm. At least it was that way for Teen TV that EAxis forgot to update.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 03, 14:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for updating computers, I've attached a file with the needed updates. Just open the computer mesh you want to update in SimPe. Then, select TTAB from the resource list on the left. Right click on "untitled tree table" in the resource list and select replace from the menu. Replace it with the ComputerTTAB.simpe from my files. Say yes when SimPe wants to reload it. Repeat for the TTAs (replace the [Pie Menu Strings] with the provided ComputerTTAs.simpe). Save and test in game, you should have all the new options available.

This is exactly what I needed, thank you. Smiley

I sing along with elevator music.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 03, 14:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But without updating pie menu, you cannot Tinker TV to gain Mechanical enthusiasm. At least it was that way for Teen TV that EAxis forgot to update.

That seems to be the case with every object that should allow tinkering. You cannot tinker with cc showers, either.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 03, 14:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point. I'd forgotten that the little experimenting I'd done with tinkering seemed to mean "break horribly and hurt myself if at all possible," so I decided not to update for that particular functionality. Not like appliances and plumbing don't break on a regular enough basis anyway...

Since I haven't actually tested it, I'll refrain from putting up instructions on fixing TV's but from Lord Darcy's statement, it sounds like they need TTAB and TTAs replaced as well?

I'm all for bribing JFade for an automatic updater. I'm in for some semi-precious metals and a computer power supply that doesn't fit my computer. Wink
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 07, 01:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a simpler way to update computer. Like bookcase, just changing the Object Data is enough in FT. No need to extract and replace pie menu.

Object Data > RAW Data > Select Decimal > 07. Resource cross-refs > Interaction Table ID 128 -> 129. Commit and save.

Edit: Forgot the step of changing hex to decimal, sorry.

Edit: There is an additional step to make custom computers fully compatible with Uni.

As for TV, you must replace Pie Menu (TTAB, TTAs) and Slot File (SLOT). Without replacing SLOT, pets can't watch TV to gain fun.
To extract resources, you must select the correct type of TV on which your custom TV is based.

For the 1-tiled floor TV, there is an additional BHAV added by later EP. I'm not sure what it does, but I extracted and added it just in case. Don't forget to change the Group to 0xFFFFFFFF.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 14:57:52 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 07, 01:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I talked to jfade, he says a Free Time CC updater utility is on his to-do list...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 07, 01:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that I can update pianos and easels to give proper enthusiasm by replacing the BCONs and BHAVs (there are probably specific ones that need to be added to older packages but I'm lazy so I just deleted and replaced all of them), but the same method does not work for pool tables. Anybody have any thoughts on what else on pool tables need to be updated? I only have a couple of them so I think I may just pull the meshes and remake them but bleh.

Have you tried replacing Object Functions, Slot File and Text Lists?

ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 07, 09:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question Im sorry it isnt related to FT except in the sense that is what i am playing but what was the way to change pre ofb gates?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
How to update Gates
« Reply #18 on: 2008 March 07, 09:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question Im sorry it isnt related to FT except in the sense that is what i am playing but what was the way to change pre ofb gates?

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1332487#post1332487

Open the gate package in SimPE. Click on Object Data under the Resource Tree (make sure you're in Plugin view tab). Of the Object Data listed in the box on the right, click on the one with the shortest name. Then, click on the Raw Data tab. Select "decimal" of the options on top of the Raw Data screen, and look for a line called "Interaction Table ID". For a pre-OFB gate, the value is probably -1. Change the value to 4, then click Commit and save the package. Now the gate should have the locking interaction in the game.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 11, 16:15:18 by Lord Darcy » Logged

ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 March 07, 10:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much! You are a god!
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 March 08, 12:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does changing the interaction table number on computers and bookcases mean that your sims will now gain hobby enthusiasm on them as well?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 March 08, 15:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does changing the interaction table number on computers and bookcases mean that your sims will now gain hobby enthusiasm on them as well?

Yes.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 March 08, 23:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent! Now if only I could find my custom computers in my downloads folder. All my objects are in a seperate folder in there and I found my bookcases by simply searching the folder for files containing the word 'bookcase'. So far searches for 'computer', 'comp', 'laptop', 'mac' and 'pc' have turned up nothing. Just what are creators labelling their files that contain custom computers, or am I missing something obvious here!?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 March 08, 23:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make a blank throwaway lot, put several Maxis tables and put all your custom computers on them. Leave the lot, package your lot into Sims2Pack file. All your custom computers and recolors are now packed into a single Sims2Pack file. Use CleanInstaller to unpack computer files in a convenient folder.

pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 March 09, 03:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I talked to jfade, he says a Free Time CC updater utility is on his to-do list...

That's the best news I've heard all day.   Smiley
I hate using SimPE unless I have to.  Well, and I suck at it.
Thanks for the ray of hope, Amber.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: