More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:11:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Neat new FT feature
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neat new FT feature  (Read 6722 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Neat new FT feature
« on: 2008 March 01, 02:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My child sim just grew into a teen today and I had a neat surprise.  When one of your sim grows up you have the option of growing up other townies of the same age.  I think your sim has to  know them.  I don't know if the same applies to adults or teens yet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Neat new FT feature
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 01, 03:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it applies to teens going to adult (no uni) and adults to elders, according to the manual that came with the game.  You can grow-up a max of 3 sims along with your own.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 01, 03:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, this is the first feature of FT that has actually appealed to me. But EAxis is too late; I have a hack that already lets me age up townies (so long as they're best friends with the asking Sim).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 01, 04:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, this is the first feature of FT that has actually appealed to me. But EAxis is too late; I have a hack that already lets me age up townies (so long as they're best friends with the asking Sim).

Yup; that would be from our very own Ste here.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Berney
Blathering Buffoon

Not a Real Person

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 01, 04:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It most certainly is, and I owe him plenty of "BHAAAA"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 01, 04:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the children that it bothers me the most can't age up, and looks like they failed to enable that. Oh well. I'll keep with my townie aging scheme. 1/2 of children, teens, and elders each time the first of a gen hits teen. 1/4 of adults, the same. Some of the new elders stay in the retirement home in case I get a playable I want to stick there, like a certain one who moved in with her daughter's family and promptly starting autonomously leaving the lot (with nothing in queue) while she was the only one watching the baby, nearly getting a social worker visit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 01, 06:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be interested, Zazazu, to know if you've a preferred method for offing/smiting the townie elders (or, hell, adults) whose time has long since passed? The Seasons bunch sneaked into my supposedly empty template install, and god's smitin' finger's gettin' itchy. (^_-)

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 01, 07:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually doing the first round of elder-culling as soon as Gen 4 pops some spawn. Most of them will just be moved into the retirement home for the necessary time, then aged to their last day and let die naturally. Those that have pissed me off may be smited or die by flies. That one looky-loo who keeps going to The Furnished Abode and TFA: Kids, looking, and being completely adverse to sales socials so that all he does is cost stars is definitely getting flies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 01, 13:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to age up TEEN TOWNIES is TITS ON A BULL USELESS, since the GAME ALREADY HAS THAT, and it doesn't require you know them, either!

I'd be interested, Zazazu, to know if you've a preferred method for offing/smiting the townie elders (or, hell, adults) whose time has long since passed? The Seasons bunch sneaked into my supposedly empty template install, and god's smitin' finger's gettin' itchy. (^_-)
Deleted 2! Electric Boogaloo! Don't leave a bunch of dead files in your game, it doesn't help.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 01, 13:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just wondering that!  Cheesy I was looking through my userstartup and checking through the cheats - 'cos debug mode wasn't kicking in - and I saw the

# Sim age cheat
alias age "AgeSimsCheat on" "Allows manual control of aging sims up or down"
alias age- "AgeSimsCheat off" "Turns off manual control of aging sims up or down"

and thought, so why are they making such a huge fuss about being able to age townies up?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 01, 14:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu did you mean the toddlers?  Because it was the children that the game offered to grow up, not the teens. 

I know there is a cheat to do that, and I use it a lot. But I just thought it's neat the way the game offers to grow your sim child friends.  It makes the concept of 'childhood friends' an integral part of the game, instead of having to use a cheat or hack.

« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 20:46:55 by angelyne » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 01, 19:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I haven't tried the feature yet. I was going by jsalemi's statement, which indicated it was teens and up. That's fine and all, but three children a round isn't enough. I'm doing five, I believe, at the moment.

The ability to age up TEEN TOWNIES is TITS ON A BULL USELESS, since the GAME ALREADY HAS THAT, and it doesn't require you know them, either!

Deleted 2! Electric Boogaloo! Don't leave a bunch of dead files in your game, it doesn't help.
I need tombstones for a bit. After that, yeah.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 01, 20:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course! I'll take a large order of duh with a side of forehead slapping, please? Heh, time to go electric boogaloo on some townie scum.  Cool

Oh, yeah - if I burninate the whole of that lousy garden club, will the game spawn new members? Mystically tap current townies into its roster? Curious minds wanna know but aren't *quite* brave enough to start the boogaloo if it'll leave my "career gardeners" inspection-cash-less.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: