More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 18:05:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Flamingo Abuse Quickie Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flamingo Abuse Quickie Challenge  (Read 6724 times)
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Flamingo Abuse Quickie Challenge
« on: 2008 April 05, 18:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a challenge to see how quickly you can get 50 flamingos kicked down.  Place 50 flamingos on a lot however you like.  You can flatten the terrain but no building or placing objects is allowed.  Make eight sims however you like and place them on the lot.  You can not ever give the sims any commands.  All you may do is 1) Build and delete fences as you wish and 2) delete flamingos that have been kicked over.  You may delete a kicked-over flamingo even after a sim has stood it back up.  You may also place lights if it gets dark and you are annoyed by squinting into the darkness. 

My first (admittedly feeble) attempt resulted in all flamingos down by 4:51 a.m.

My spell checker claims that flamingos and flamingoes are both acceptable.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Flamingo Abuse Quickie Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 06, 15:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of a pointless challenge, seeing as there's no gameplay involved. Sims in boxes with flamingoes is not a game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
xoferew
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 06, 18:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the "game" aspect of it to be watching for opportunities to draw the fences.  The sims tend to congregate and socialize when there's nothing else to do, but when they play, say, water balloon fight, they move away from each other.  Even then I could only draw the fence in the brief pause between when the water ballooning was done and before the next social interaction began.  Once a sim is isolated it can turn to kicking.  When it has kicked down all its flamingos, it must find inducement and opportunity to move to a new flamingo area.  For instance, if I can erase a fence between it and the garden club visitor guy, they may start towards each other and then I can close off the fence behind it and cut off the garden guy before he gets too close.  A good score may depend on partly optimal flamigo layout and sim personality as well as box configuration strategy.   On my second try all the flamingos were down by 7:57 p.m. due to a bit more luck and cleverness on my part.  Therefore I call it a game.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 06, 21:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of a pointless challenge, seeing as there's no gameplay involved. Sims in boxes with flamingoes is not a game.

You have to place the flamingos first, though, before you move the sims into the lot, so you can't start with them in the boxes. Thus there is the problem of properly positioning th flamingos, and getting the sims in position to kick them. You'd also have to make sure your sims are mean and sloppy, so they won't put the flamingos back up.

I like that this one is more of a race v. other MATYzens.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: