More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:14:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another deleted goodbye
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another deleted goodbye  (Read 88166 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Another deleted goodbye
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 27, 00:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I missed that one, Hook. I'll make sure I sign up for a second membership for the price of two, so I get my fully deserved discount.

I'm 44 - for a few more days anyways (use it or lose it.) My husband is 50 so I get to laugh at him for the senile moments (and lose the excuse for mine.)

My husband is a year and 4 days younger than me. So every year between June 14 and June 18 he takes every opportunity to point out that I am, numerically, 2 years older than him. Grrrrrr.

Same here my husband is 1 year and 3 months younger. By the way I'm 52 for 2 more months.

Yay! And another deceptive male avatar! I love it!
This is the one I almost used, but I don't want people worrying that I have a bladder obsession since almost every pic features a sim that has just wet his pants:

Very dangerous situation for poor Josh. Watch those hedgeclippers, Uncle Gary!
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 27, 00:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as my hands can control a mouse and my eyes can see the monitor I will be playing games. I will be 58 in 4 months. Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 27, 00:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does explain why very few people get my jokes tho - they just aren't sophisticated enough for my advanced sense of humor. ahem.

Video games have been around for years now. You don't just stop playing them when you're thirty.
I know I won't.

oooh, another excuse to derail the thread. Yeah, some of us were addicted beginning with Crystal Cave - and the moves came off the mainframe printed on the edges of punch cards. You really don't expect anyone to give up that long-lasting and bizarre an obsession, do you?

(and I walked uphill to school to - both ways Wink)

I definately need a deceptive male avatar with a bladder control problem... I got bored with my green-skinned warty-nosed witch on another site and now I don't have one at all...

Edit: For irritating typos or something similar.

Unsouper
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 27, 00:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I never would have guessed. I just figured most pple were young on account of this being a game site and all. Except for JMP of course...I always knew he was old.

My teenage boys' friends are a little disbelieving when my kids tell them that I play games with them....come to think of it, that goes way back to the younger years when Dad & I sat on the floor with them to play all of the N64 titles.

So, your surprise doesn't surprise me.  The rest of the mothers in my neighborhood are most likely doing laundry, sewing on buttons and running the PTA while I'm Simming, etc. 

Suckers! Cheesy 

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 27, 00:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rest of the mothers in my neighborhood are most likely doing laundry, sewing on buttons and running the PTA while I'm Simming, etc. 

Suckers! Cheesy 

So nice to find a place to share the interest, though, isn't it? I've found my PTA mom friends really aren't all that interested in hearing about Joe's latest adventure!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 27, 00:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rest of the mothers in my neighborhood are most likely doing laundry, sewing on buttons and running the PTA while I'm Simming, etc. 

Suckers! Cheesy 

So nice to find a place to share the interest, though, isn't it? I've found my PTA mom friends really aren't all that interested in hearing about Joe's latest adventure!
My Hubby thinks only kids play games like the Sims2 and expansion packs Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 27, 00:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suckers! Cheesy 

Yes it is nice. It's not something I usually bring up while waiting to pick up the kids from school, I'm sure the other moms would think I'm cracked. So far I've only been able to convert one friend over to the "dark side" and we love to chat about what we've done to our sims. Another friend is really into SimCity (3000 & 4), she says she doesn't have any more free time to try Sims2 (because she knows she'll get addicted) but I still try from time to time.

I'd bet there's a lot more of us 25+ (or ever 30+) than marketing realizes. I'm 37, I've been playing Sims since version one in 2000. I don't plan on stopping until they close the casket. Wink Hubby loves to make remarks about how "obsessed" I am but I think it's just because he'd like some time on the computer. We're window shopping for a lap top but it's going to have to wait for a while.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 27, 01:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Years of internet community experience has shown me that those who make a Grand Exit make an Even Grander Re-Entrance in short order.  Start counting and by the time you get to 50, the guy will be back.   Roll Eyes

I can tell you this is true because I've done it! LOL!

Well at least the last couple of times I did it I didn't resurface on the same site. Wink

The ones who really end up leaving and never being heard from again are the ones who quietly fade away. Where the hell is Phedge? No one has heard from him in months and he never even said goodbye.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 27, 01:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suckers! Cheesy 

Yes it is nice. It's not something I usually bring up while waiting to pick up the kids from school, I'm sure the other moms would think I'm cracked. So far I've only been able to convert one friend over to the "dark side" and we love to chat about what we've done to our sims. Another friend is really into SimCity (3000 & 4), she says she doesn't have any more free time to try Sims2 (because she knows she'll get addicted) but I still try from time to time.

I'd bet there's a lot more of us 25+ (or ever 30+) than marketing realizes. I'm 37, I've been playing Sims since version one in 2000. I don't plan on stopping until they close the casket. Wink Hubby loves to make remarks about how "obsessed" I am but I think it's just because he'd like some time on the computer. We're window shopping for a lap top but it's going to have to wait for a while.

My best friend could care less about my Sims, but her daughters and I swap stories all the time. Her daughters are 9 and 13. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 27, 03:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all are the only ones I can share my Sims obsession with.  My mom is sick of sims because she says they are too addictive (Bah!) and no one else I know in person plays the sims.  Like others, I hesitate to mention it to anyone for fear of people thinking I'm crazy.  I'm only 31, by the way, but I sure don't feel it.  I've never owned a Nintendo or anything like that.  We didn't even have a TV when I was growing up.  I got a computer in 1994 and started getting into video games then.  My ex-husband got the first Sims for me when I saw them talking about them on Tech TV, and I got all the expansion packs.  He ended up regretting it.  I was already on the computer all the time, and that didn't help, LOL.  We always had our own computers because both of us were such computer freaks we knew we could never share a computer.  We both liked having our stuff set up a certain way.  I don't think the Sims lead to our splitting up because there were LOTS of other issues.  That was just a symptom, and I used not only the Sims to escape, but the computer in general, the web, other games, etc.  We couldn't communicate.  Anyway, I lost interest in the Sims, but when Sims 2 came out, it renewed my obsession in a big way.  I never participated in Sims sites before except to download some hacks, but I came to the BBS looking for help with some issues in my game and found MTS2, and the rest is history. Smiley
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 27, 03:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds familiar, although my husband hasn't given me the boot, yet. I dl'd a lot of things for sims 1 but never even considered participating in a forum. Until MTS2. And now I'm here.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 27, 03:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds familiar, although my husband hasn't given me the boot, yet. I dl'd a lot of things for sims 1 but never even considered participating in a forum. Until MTS2. And now I'm here.
I got my first computer in 2000 a HP pavillion model with windows 98 and a whopping 63mb of Ram LOL  my daughter got me hooked on the sims 1 which ironically that little computer handled all of the expansion packs with only minor slowing here and there. in 2003 I decided that the pavillion just wasnt meeting my needs anymore. so I conned hubby into buying the compaq I have now. it came with 256 mb of ram and 40 gb hard drive and sims 1 literaly screamed  for joy the games ran ultra fast on those specs a year later I got the base game  Sims 2 and  fell in love  uninstalled all my  sims 1 games. 3 months later I jumped my Ram to 512 mb and tommorow I will jump to 1024mb of ram. my next move will be to upgrade my hard drive to 200 gb I have already ordered it. I found MTS2 from a fansite link on the BBS in March 2005  where I discovered Pescado's hacks and a whole community of addicted Simmers just like me . I followed Pescado to Varoussimmers and then here.My Hubby complains about the amount of time I spend with my Sims and online but hasnt given me the boot yet.MTS2 was the first actual forum I joined.I dont count the BBS as I only went there to register my games Wink

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 27, 04:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto, ditto, ditto, same, same, same.

48 years young, addicted to sims, family think I'm mad, I'll play till I drop.

Having a binge on Startopia this week, vastly underrated game, should have been a huge hit.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 27, 04:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About Sim players ages... I am only 20, which is quite young compared to many of the ages of people here. Of course, I have no kids, no husband/wife, and no full-time job (I have a part-time job, because I go to college as well). Hell, I am still a kid in my mind.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 27, 04:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, you're a kid in most of our minds, too, I'm sure!  Wink
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 27, 04:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We couldn't communicate.

Not even through IRC??  Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 27, 05:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We couldn't communicate.

Not even through IRC??  Cheesy

Hook

No, but that's how we met. Smiley  We did talk through ICQ a bit after we got married, but we quit using it.  (We did talk a lot with "Stickies" a free sticky note program that lets you send sticky notes over the network, but then it later became arguments over the network.  Sad  I still have some I saved for future reference.)  But that's why I thought it was strange when he installed ICQ again...it was to talk to his new girlfriend although he tried to tell me otherwise...but I am sure that's more than you wanted to know. Smiley
aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 27, 05:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a binge on Startopia this week, vastly underrated game, should have been a huge hit.

So true.  It definitely wins the prize for "best game rescued from the bargin bin".  I love that all the little aliens have their own ways of doing things -- making a lake on the Environmental Deck and watching them swim is just hilarious.  And if the missions don't appeal, Sandbox play is always fun.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 27, 05:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's why I thought it was strange when he installed ICQ again...it was to talk to his new girlfriend although he tried to tell me otherwise...but I am sure that's more than you wanted to know. Smiley

It's quite useful information, actually.  Especially for those who think about getting together with someone they met online.  In a matrimonial sort of way.

In-person social gatherings of a bunch of chatters or forum participants are great.  Everyone already knows everyone else, the social dynamics are good, and people tend to be outgoing and have good communication skills.  But when two people get together it often ends badly for some reason.  When it gets down to just the two of you, the other person isn't always the same as on the chat/forum.  Best to take things very slowly.

Sorry it didn't work out, best of luck for the future. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 27, 06:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto, ditto, ditto, same, same, same.

48 years young, addicted to sims, family think I'm mad, I'll play till I drop.

Im 43 years young and Hubby thinks Ive lost my mind because I will tell my Sims   no I told you to go fix breakfast not clean the bathtub while your son is in it taking a bath or whatever else they can think to do at all the wrong times

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 27, 06:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I met my hubby online. we've been married for 4 years now. Still wonderful.
And yes, he is 10 months younger, thinks I am nuts for playing sims and I am 32 years old and started with Commodore64.

INTJ
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 27, 06:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

30...  and started playing computer games at the age of 8 on a commodore 64...  even youger if you count a really ancient console type thing that plugged into the TV - we are talking technology from the late 70s there!  I don't intend to ever stop...  my husband is 35 and also plays computer games, but can't stand the sight of my sims - he's more into far cry and things like that - we have to have our own separate computers otherwise we would drive each other nuts trying to play games and work on the same machine - that's a recipe for divorce in this house!

excuse my while I wander off to sneeze endlessly elsewhere - damn hayfever!
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 27, 07:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so ok where do we get this guys mods from now. He does make some good stuff and was enjoying him on VS

He's posting his hacks at MTS2; all of them apparently.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 27, 07:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Years of internet community experience has shown me that those who make a Grand Exit make an Even Grander Re-Entrance in short order.  Start counting and by the time you get to 50, the guy will be back.   Roll Eyes

I can tell you this is true because I've done it! LOL!

Well at least the last couple of times I did it I didn't resurface on the same site. Wink

The ones who really end up leaving and never being heard from again are the ones who quietly fade away. Where the hell is Phedge? No one has heard from him in months and he never even said goodbye.

LOL, well, I'll bet there are a bunch of people who are glad you did resurface.

I'm easily as fascinated by the dynamics of internet communtiies as I am the Sims. (I'm a fader-away, btw, afraid I've done it a few times.  Pretty crappy thing to do to people you've gotten attached to  Undecided , but I don't do confrontations.)

---------

On the hubby topic, hubby thinks I am nuts re: The Sims, but hubby thinks I am nuts over quite a few things.  I can't think of any reason other than the part where I am nuts.  He tolerates me pretty well.

Ever since the advent of the internet, I'm wired 24/7.  My first computer game tracks all the way back to the original SimCity, but my obsessions aren't usually attached to games.  I find a pocket of civilization online and get into something with full gusto.  

Personally, I think it's no different than the lady down the block who gets into scrapbooking or something.  You've seen those women, right?  I don't understand filling your house with scrapbooking supplies and having weekly meetings so you can scrapbook with other people  Huh, but their obsessive pursuits are quite normal in suburban society, unlike mine.  

One obsession for a few years was writing online.  Before blogging, I was "published" and even had a little teeny, tiny following 'cause I was kinda funny even if I wasn't the greatest writer in the world ....that morphed into becoming an online store reviewer, which was pretty interesting because some e-commerce sites started contacting me directly for input.  

Anyway, five years of that and one day I just didn't want to do it anymore, too much drama and conflicting personalities. I changed my online moniker  Shocked, which is pretty much like going into the witness protection program, once people know you.

But there's always something.  Last year I was an Amazon seller and eBayer.  Still have a room full of mailing supplies from that. And the husband puts up with it all.  Hugs to him!

(The Sims is quite neat.  Everything on just one little machine! No trips to the post office.)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 27, 10:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My best friend could care less about my Sims, but her daughters and I swap stories all the time. Her daughters are 9 and 13. 

That's why I have more in common with my 15 year old sister-in-law that anyone my own age. She bought me Makin' Magic for my birthday! Wink

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: