More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:41:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Another deleted goodbye
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Another deleted goodbye  (Read 87256 times)
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Another deleted goodbye
« Reply #125 on: 2005 November 01, 18:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few days before Uni came out, my husband and I were walking down the software aisle at Costco when he did a weird scoot shuffle sort of thing.  I asked him what he was doing, and got "nothing".  Peeked around him, and he was covering up the display of Sims 2.  He shook his head when I informed him that I already had it.  He really should have known better.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 November 01, 18:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty bad when your kids lecture you for playing computer games... Cheesy

Innit. Sigh...

Meh...
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 November 01, 18:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband used to roll his eyes and make snippy remarks about my "addiction" (as he like to call it). Then he realized how far my playing goes to reduce my stress, thus decreasing the possibility I'd slaughter him and the children in a perimenopausal hormonal rage. Considering what other moms do for stress therapy (shopping, crafts) the Sims is rather inexpensive in comparison. Smiley
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 November 01, 19:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering what other moms do for stress therapy (shopping, crafts)

...drinking.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 November 01, 19:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neat vodka with a valium chaser...

Meh...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 November 01, 19:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will xanax suffice ?
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 November 01, 19:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, babe, you gotta take your jollies where you get 'em.  Grin

Meh...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2005 November 01, 19:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will xanax suffice ?
Why, do you have some? Smiley
</pure idolization> Can you tell I've got 3 lightning bolts for my husband?
It shows.  Grin It's refreshing to hear someone else so in love with their spouse.
I agree.  I am so jealous. Sad  My mom used to play sims 1 when I introduced her to it,  but now she says they (the Sims) are evil because they are too addictive and they are taking over my life.   Shocked  So I can't even talk to her about them anymore, when I wanted to tell her all the new stuff in Sims 2.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 November 01, 19:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will xanax suffice ?

Yes. Doesn't my calm demeanor give that away?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 November 01, 20:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will xanax suffice ?
Yes. Doesn't my calm demeanor give that away?
No, not when you're throwing shovels and sticks and popcorns all over the freakin' place. Cheesy
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 November 01, 21:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not when you're throwing shovels and sticks and popcorns all over the freakin' place. Cheesy

The popcorn and sticks thing in that other thread had me laughing until I was gasping. Cheesy Brynne, you are awesome.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 November 01, 21:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, thanks. Wish everyone felt that way...
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 November 01, 22:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sooo disappointed.  All this talk about early video games and not one mention of Leisure Suit Larry and the Lounge Lizards game?  Where were all you people back in the 80's???  A friend of mine loaded it on my computer at work and there was some key I could hit that would bring up a spreadsheet so you looked like you were really working.  Or maybe that was an edit to my puter by my friend - not sure.

I started with Pong, moved up to Commodore 64 and then bought my very own PC with a 5-/14" disk drive and everything.  I have been playing forever.  Am 50 for 2 more weeks.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 November 01, 23:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am sooo disappointed.  All this talk about early video games and not one mention of Leisure Suit Larry and the Lounge Lizards game?  Where were all you people back in the 80's???  A friend of mine loaded it on my computer at work and there was some key I could hit that would bring up a spreadsheet so you looked like you were really working.  Or maybe that was an edit to my puter by my friend - not sure.
I remember some DOS games I had having a Boss mode, like you could hit Esc or something and you'd get a spreadsheet or something.  Unfortunately, it never looked like something I'd actually be working on so that didn't work.  But it was a neat little feature. 
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2005 November 01, 23:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started with Pong, moved up to Commodore 64 and then bought my very own PC with a 5-/14" disk drive and everything.  I have been playing forever.  Am 50 for 2 more weeks.
Iwas having babies the real variety not the sim variety

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 November 02, 00:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actuallly *used* the BOSS mode once.  I was showing a group of coworkers some game when one of the bosses started walking towards us.  I hit the boss key at the last second, just for fun.  He didn't buy it. Cheesy 

The guy had absolutely no sense of humor, altho the rest of us were amused.  If he'd stuck around I would have showed him the game too.  He didn't get pissed, but didn't get the joke, either.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 November 02, 01:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, Hook.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2005 November 02, 02:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you all are just too funny!

I was thinking (back to the original topic) if that poor fellow might have the same problem my sister does.  She has something called Borderline Personality Disorder.  I'll admit I'm not as clear on what that means as I'd like to be but it definitely results in some very interesting almost dillusional moments, like the time a couple of days ago she told me she'd done more work on a particular project than our other two sisters, me and my husband combined.  Never mind the fact that the other four of us (plus my two daughters) have been working on this since last February and she started somewhere around August.  And never mind the fact not only has my DH provided a good 75% of the physical labor involved AND 75% of the money needed to finish it.  Granted, during the past few months she's done a huge lot of the hardest work, but like I said, she only barely got on board!

So, maybe it's more a case of skewed perspective as a result of mental illness (which has a good dose of immaturity as a side effect) rather than actual immaturity?  I dunno, just my thoughts.

Hmmm.  I think I hear a straight jacket calling me!  Grin 

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 November 02, 03:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, my husband has taken to referring to making love as "woo hoo." Now, that's acceptance!!  Cheesy

One of the peer support tutors sent me an email, he signed off with the words, 'Woo Hoo'. I told him what woo hoo means in simlish, now he signs his emails, 'Bob UsedToWooHoo Jones'.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2005 November 02, 03:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, my husband has taken to referring to making love as "woo hoo." Now, that's acceptance!!  Cheesy

One of the peer support tutors sent me an email, he signed off with the words, 'Woo Hoo'. I told him what woo hoo means in simlish, now he signs his emails, 'Bob UsedToWooHoo Jones'.
ROFL now that is hysterical witch thanks for the laugh Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2005 November 02, 04:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I paid $3000 for my first Apple computer that had no hard drive.  To run any programs, I had to keep switching floppy disks. "Insert Disk A", "Insert Disk B".

My first computer used a tape recorder. It would take 20 minutes for the adventure game Twin Kingdom Valley to load. And, y'know, I wasn't even any good at it.

My husband is actually awesome about my obsessions (his flaws are elsewhere Wink) He's played Sims2 a bit (played Sims1 as well) tho he doesn't really get into it (mostly building stuff). He might like the business EP enough to get involved again, so I'm looking forward to that. And let's me talk about it and even makes intelligent comments.

The partner I live with knows all the famous names from More Awesome Than You. I read out amusing posts while we're sitting together reading our respective web forums. He even knows all the Sims 2 community politics! Cheesy When I told him that TwoJeffs had moved over to MATY, he said "Ah, so he found a new buttocks to host his mods?". I nearly died laughing.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 November 02, 12:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reminds me of something Inge said in the chat the other day:

[13:43] <rainbow> hi Inge, how are you holding up?
[13:45] <Inge> It's fun
[13:45] <Inge> And I get to enjoy it more than the rest of you cos I get PM followups too lol
[13:46] * Inge rolls on the floor laughing her servers off

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2005 November 02, 12:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that Inge! LOL!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2005 November 02, 16:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL.  I want to see those PMs!  I'll bet they are even funnier than the crap posted here.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2005 November 02, 16:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it got repetitive in the end so I asked him to stop trying to contact me, which he seems to have respected.  So I think I'll let sleeping dogs lie...

If it turns out the VS site policy allows blatant deliberate copying of other people's existing hacks in order to avoid having to link to another site, then that would be a separate matter.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: