More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:50:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have Simpotence
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have Simpotence  (Read 91231 times)
lechapeau
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: I have Simpotence
« Reply #200 on: 2005 November 20, 18:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw Ancient Sim say something about fixing genetics as well.
Maple Valley started out as Zythe's project, people went into the thread and ideas were put forward, some were kept, some not.
I went in late with my stories and wasn't really a part of it until one of my own families in our testing version messed up and I had to get them sorted.
Just after that the age thing stopped any progress and by sheer accident I found a cure.
We had been trying to work out at the time whether to scrap it altogether and start over or fix it as best we could.
I'd come here over something, and J.M himself seemed as if he was advising 'another route'.
It wasn't 'my thing' to say 'stop' and no real or definite decisions were made...I said what had been advised and left it to 'the group' to decide, but that was hard.
Not everyone had stayed around and it would have meant a few of us redoing other peoples sims and Zythe putting all of it together again himself.
He was in the middle of Exams at the time and we didn't know if it would be possible for him to do.
We'd dwindled to three main people and just a few others dropping in and out. No one really knew what to say for the best. We wanted it to work, but Zythe was then under pressure.
Maple Valley was something we really wanted to play have and keep as something we'd each made as a group.
I felt guilty for making over other peoples houses...I knew those buildings pretty well after I'd finished but was very aware that people might be upset with any change I made...but they weren't around and it had to be done, so I took it on.
Having cured the non aging with new houses we still had odd LTW inaccuracies, quite a few $ value lovers and such and also $ signs in some memories.
A few people said they had played them before sending and I think some had SimPE alterations done as well before they were uploaded, I suppose people not knowing the possibility of fiery balls visable from space, and Zythe had to do a lot of hack sifting as well.
In the end with the aging sorted we decided it was ready and as good as it was going to be without starting completely over.
It was a nice fun idea, and it's grown to have taken over a fair chunk of my playing life!
I truly love it and thoroughly enjoyed *most* of my experience with it.
As to the DNA/Genetics I wouldn't know...I'm not a SimPE user and not very technical.
We'd love to know what is wrong with it...just 'because', unless this 'fixing' is just altering custom skins over our Maxis ones or something?
Some of it might have a bearing on future play even if it isn't.
As to lots, Zythe calls me the architect, but I *think* that's because I'm the only mug to have stayed around to bug him, so he asked and I said yes! Wink
It started because I showed my pictures of some of my redone houses, and he liked them...others later made 'Add on lots'.
No, there weren't many community lots, there's my Mall and park and babajayne's Coffee Shop. I offered a gym but I think Zythe wanted the file size limited as we didn't know where or how it would be hosted.
No one else gave any at the time of putting it together...
I made a set of Uni lots because someone wanted them and my sims are about ready for Uni too. They were on my Simpage but EA tidy up regularly and now if anyone wants them I've said to PM me over at TSR and I'll either upload them again or package them up and send them probably via yousendit.com again.

Thank you for the offer of the lots though. It's 'out' now, so no new things will be added to the file.
I think the idea was that we had the basics and anything else was part of the fun of getting a new neighborhood. The same with the houses, I know even though most of them there are now ‘mine'…I've still made them over now I have them for real and added my own things, because nothings ever quite how I like it....that's the fun in playing.
It's had a bigger response than I thought it would (even though we don't have exact numbers) and the response has been very positive.
I like people to saying what they're doing with it and not many do, so anyone's input from here would be welcome!
If we were doing it again, there'd have to be definite rules...A house made by someone with only Body Shopped sims...and anything else either redone if it's suspicious or not included.
I hope you play it if you get Uni…hope you like it as well!
I'll have to go look for Motoki's post now…
Edit: Our host has just agreed to keep it until the New Year!
« Last Edit: 2005 November 21, 15:37:04 by lechapeau » Logged

My TS2 custom neighborhoods:
Updated Beacon Falls + OfB & BV subhoods: http://beacon-falls.blogspot.com/
Brand new version of Maple Valley + a subhood & add-ons: http://maplevalley2.blogspot.com/
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: 2005 November 24, 10:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a real design challenge, how about a wholly alien neighbourhood? Alien landscape for the map, alien house designs and alien families in the houses.  Humans as the sub-class i.e. townies and service personnel.  Playing it would be just like playing any other 'hood, so set up the same challenges in the houses.  In addition to those challenges, you could work towards human domination by making them all marry townies!

PS I think the map should be really watery - which would explain why they like strangetown!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2005 November 24, 13:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've thought about doing an all alien neighborhood before. It sounds interesting. You can use testingcheats in the CAS to create alien sims so it's certainly doable.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2005 November 24, 18:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've thought about doing an all alien neighborhood before. It sounds interesting. You can use testingcheats in the CAS to create alien sims so it's certainly doable.
Perhaps, but I get bored with my Sims looking the same even with custom content, and so far, the aliens in all my neighbourhoods are pretty similar regardless of what I do. Those big eyes look pretty ghastly with pupils!

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: 2005 November 24, 20:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the alien idea.

You could have some houses that are just strange houses, and others that are more like spaceships...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2005 November 25, 07:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try out every whacky design idea you ever had!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2005 November 26, 21:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, you know, the squarelike, blocky nature of TS2, combined with some of those new teleporter pads, makes this a ripe opportunity to recreate the various alien ships of X-Com: UFO Defense....

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2005 November 28, 12:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys are all describing my current Strange Town!

It's definitely more fun than the "regular" Neighborhoods.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2005 November 28, 16:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aww, that girl looks so sad, then again, if all the men in my world looked like that, I'd be sad too.
Bet the toddlers are great!

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2005 November 30, 12:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, except for the ones whose eyes are on stalks, they're a cute bunch.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: